Waking Up is Hard to Do

All of life is a runway. Walk it like you own it.

Moderator: Mercedes

Mercedes
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Runway Diva

Waking Up is Hard to Do

Post by Mercedes »

8/3

Seven a.m., Waking up in the morning. He has to be fresh, and get ready for work. He must have his bowl of cereal and other parts of this nutritious breakfast. He sees everything, time is going as it ticks on and on with everyone rushing. He has to go to work. So, with a grunt and a slight stretch in the bed, he looks up at the ceiling and sighs. He pushes the cover off of himself and sits up, running his hands over his face and through his hair as he turns to put his feet on the floor. Shakes his head to clear the morning cobwebs, he stands up and stretches, the light of the early Sun shining through the windows of the cabin, giving his body a silhouette like look as he turns to look back into the bed, seeing Merci still laying there. He half smiles and just watches her a for a minute before leaning over, one hand on the bed and the other hand to her shoulder. He grips firmly and then shakes her a few times. "Hey. HEY! Did I wake you?"

G might have picked the worst possible way to awaken her considering what had occurred last night with Anubis. Almost as soon as his hand gripped her shoulder and began to shake her, she was flailing and throwing what could pass as haymaker punches as she shrieked and tried to get away from him. Of course, once she actually opened her eyes and registered who was touching her...well, she just commenced to beating him all the more.

"How dare you, G'norticus! You nearly gave me a coronary. Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!"

Sitting up with her calves bent beneath her, she was still trying to calm down, her hand pressed to her chest. Pillow tossed hair flowed around her in a mass of black chaos, partially obscuring her face and falling over her shoulders.

"What in the world is wrong with you?" Sniffle.

That wasn't exactly how he envisioned it, but he was able to cover up as much as he could to fend off the blows. After she realized it was him and continued to beat him, he chuckled as he took the hits and even pulled up his pillow in order to soften them. "Mercy, Merci!"

As she settled back into her sitting position, he slowly lowered the pillow to look at her with a cautious smile and then tossed it back onto the bed. He might have leaned in to give her a good morning kiss, but thought it might be safer to wait that out until he was sure of her mood. "Well, I guess the answer is I did wake you. Sorry about that." He wasn't really. She needed to be awake at this hour.

"I just wanted to let you know I was awake and getting ready for work. Didn't know if you wanted breakfast, a shower with me, or what. So, I figured to make sure you were awake." He purses his lips as if he's really thinking hard about it, but he was intentionally obnoxious about the way he woke her. "I suppose, in retrospect, I could have given you a softer awakening, but, what's done is done."

She knee walked across the bed until she reached the edge where he was standing. Palms pressed to his bare chest as her fingers splayed. Her lower lip was nibbled at momentarily before she looked up at him with what she hoped were the most pitiful puppy dog eyes he had ever seen...completely irresistable.

"Well, my l...lunatic boyfriend..." Good save! "See...I was hoping you might..." Fingers flexed so that her nails lightly scraped along the skin where her hands were placed then relaxed so her fingers were splayed open once more. "Well...stay with me. I don't really want to leave the Jammer right now and I...ehh...I just...I need you to stay with me." Those large amber eyes were fixed upon his as she blinked a few times. After holding his gaze for a few moments, she pressed her forehead to his sternum. She didn't want to tell him she was afraid to leave or be alone, but if she had to, she would. Of course, she realized he would laugh it off, just like he did Boitata because her fears were irrational, but at this moment she didn't care...she needed the safety of his arms.

There was something about her eyes. Of course he was no match for the expression she gave with the helpless puppydog/Puss in Boots expression. The fact that she was using her feminine wiles to get her way meant nothing. Behind those eyes, there was something more, and he could read it. Perhaps not exactly identify what it was, but he sensed it.

He lowered his arms around her, which placed his palms at her mid to lower back from the position they were in and held her against him as she spoke. He listened and felt as well as heard the nervousness in her voice. He could tell she didn't want to be alone and was afraid. This wasn't like the Boitata fear, this was more subdued and he nodded to her without saying anything. When she no longer held his gaze and held her head to his body, he sighed softly and rose one hand to cradle the back of her head, slowly petting.

He kept her like that for a few moments before finally speaking in a quiet tone, one that implied understanding and support. "Shh.. sure thing, Precious. I don't really have to be anywhere right now. Whatever I have to do can wait." You might wonder how his businesses could run with how many days he takes off, but that's how it is with him. He has that capable assistant and qualified workers who know how to do things without his guidance. Right now, she was more important, and he wasn't moving. Just holding her and comforting her.
Life is a runway. Walk it like you own it.~
Mercedes
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Runway Diva

Thank you...

Post by Mercedes »

Sighing heavily in relief, G would be able to feel some of that tension leave her back as she completely relaxed against him. Her arms slipped around his waist and she pressed a quick kiss to his abdomen before turning her head so that her cheek rested against it.

"Thank you." Then more softly. "Thank you."

It was a pretty noticeable change when she sighed like that. It was as if she became that much lighter. He smiled and continued to pet her, not really able to do much else in the position that they were in. The kiss to his abs caused a light stir, but he shook his head to clear that thought out because she seemed more like she needed comfort more than anything else right now. So he held her calmly, occasionally shifting from one foot to the other, really just wanting to be there with her more than anything. "There's no need to thank me, Precious. None at all."

After a few minutes of just holding her. He smiled down even though she wasn't looking up at him. "So, since we have the time off, what would you like to do first? Breakfast? Shower? Anchor a few miles out to sea and sun naked on deck? We can do anything you want today. Your choice." He really wanted to make sure she was happy and not thinking of what had her upset, and doing things she would enjoy should prove very distracting.

She had lost track of how long he had stood there, holding her while she rubbed her hands up and down his back. So, his words startled her out of whatever happy "I'm in G's arms" place she had gone. Looking up, she offered an almost shy smile, a softer one than usual anyway.

"Can...we just lay around for a while? I love just relaxing with you." Such an emotional morning already...first being scared half to death, then being immensely relieved and now embarrassed and unsure of herself because there was something going on with her, in regards to him, that she didn't understand. She needed to talk, to try to somehow figure out what was going on with her, what was going on with him. The threat from last night had made her realize something about her feelings for him and now her head was such a jumbled up mess.

She used the L word with him. Not saying that she loved him, but still, had a bit to do with him. He smiled, warmed up by that one little word, and chuckled. He gave her a squeeze and nodded to her. "Yes, yes we can lay around as long as you like. Not a care in the world except for each other."

He silently and gently began pushing her back on the bed, allowing her to shift so she wasn't laying on her calves any more. As she laid back, he crawled up into the bed and moved to lay beside her. He fluffed the pillows for the two of them and scooted himself closer against her, laying his arm out so she can lay atop him with her head on his chest, his arm, or however she chose. "As you wish, my precious."

"Thank you for this, G'nort...for taking care of me today. This just adds to the list of why I...I feel so, uhm..I feel so close to you." There, she put it out there. She might die from holding her breath, however.

He smiled, leaning down to kiss the top of her head. "Listen, I know you may think you have to thank me, but you don't. You're my girlfriend. I'm supposed to take care of you, and I want to. No need to thank me for that."

He wiggled under her to get more comfortable, and smiled as she admitted she felt close to him.

"You know. Every time I call you precious, or my dear, or say I adore you, or all those other pet things I say. You know I'm saying that I feel that close to you, too, right? That I mean it?" His gaze changed to stare up at the ceiling of the cabin after saying that, but he still had a smile on his lips.
Mercedes
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Runway Diva

What are you thinking about?

Post by Mercedes »

She lifted her head now to look at him, sliding her hand up to press against his cheek. "I say thank you because I appreciate you, not because I think I have to thank you. I want to thank you. I want you to know that what you are doing for me has been noticed. Also, I am supposed to take care of you too. I want to take care of you."

Swallowing hard and forcing herself not to look away from him, she shook her head. "I...I didn't know that you felt that way too." She briefly wondered if he could feel the sudden pounding of her heart against his ribs, it was thumping that hard.

"I just assumed I felt this and I was...wrong for it or something. I feel like...I don't know. I am confused. I think about you all of the time, even at work, at the parties, at the shoe store, even at the doctor the other day. It is like...you are stuck in my head. In my heart."

For the record, if he hadn't been staring at the ceiling when she started speaking, she wouldn't have continued. It was too late once she started, so if he looked back down at her, she continued, regardless.

"I don't have much experience with men, believe it or not. I am sure that seems strange. My only experience was with Jorge and he would never have told me he felt close to me, like you just did. I don't know how to process that. I think it just made my confusion worse. I don't know how to make you get out of my head! You are a persistent bastard even when you don't know what you are doing." She managed a little laugh at that point.

She was basically pouring her heart out to him now, opening herself completely to him and he listened to every word. He closed his eyes as her hand held his cheek, letting his breathing come in slow and easy. He would get his words in once she was done talking. He knew that to interrupt her would break whatever spell she was under that caused her to talk.

Once she was done, he smiled and shifted to look at her. The hand petting her head came down to touch her chin and lightly begin to lift it. He lowered his head as much as he could to try and press his lips to hers. "All right. You can thank me and know now that I understand. It's always nice to know you're appreciated. Oh, and you've been taking care of me since we met. Hope you realize that."

He chuckled softly and nodded again. "Stuck in your head, and your heart. I think I like how that sounds. I think I know what it means, but for now, let's just say that you adore me, you care for me, and you want to be with me. I like knowing that my feelings are reciprocated."

He lay there quietly a moment, shifting again."I guess what it means is that you don't want me out of your head. And that's why I'm always showing up in there. Don't worry about your lack of experience with men, just be with me. Oh, and I'll let you in on a secret, my precious. I think about you all the time, too. You are filling that emptiness in my life and I want to keep you there, in -my- heart. If I can help you be less confused, I will."

As he lowered his head to kiss her, tilting her chin up, she was pushing up slightly so that their lips definitely met in a kiss that was somehow sweeter and less burdened than before.

'I like knowing that my feelings are reciprocated,' had she heard that correctly? She blinked a few times, trying to digest that information. Head shaking slowly, she responded with another soft kiss to his lips then to the corner of his lips. "No, I don't really want you out of my head...and I cannot imagine ever being with someone other than you, G'nort."

She heard him say she was in his heart and that he wanted to keep her there but she may have not appeared to as she was busy just watching him. She pushed with her leg so that she was moving up in the bed and face to face with him. Both hands were pressed to his face to draw his head closer as she looked back and forth between his eyes. It felt like slow motion for Merci as she finally tilted her head to kiss him again, tenderly.

With her chest rising a little more than normal, she pulled back from him, thumbs brushing soft circles along his jaw. "G'nort I think I..." clearing her throat as she was nearly overcome with nervousness. "...that is, I uh...I think I ..." And she couldn't say it. She froze up. How had such a confident woman turned into this vulnerable woman that was so unsure of herself?

He returned the kiss softly, with brows raised. He reached up and lightly ran the back of his fingers over her forehead, brushing away a few stray strands of hair. The way she trailed off, and in light of the recent events, he couldn't really say what she might be thinking. He would have to let her tell him.

"Hmm? What are you thinking about?"

“I am thinking about...” She had another opportunity to tell him. “...going back to sleep since someone so rudely awakened me. I am tired.” She let the opportunity slip through her fingers. A light kiss to his forehead and she snuggled in, closing her eyes. She wouldn’t be sleeping, however. There was too much to process.

Taken from live play.

Return to “The Runway”