Lesson One: Stab Them with the Pointy End

All of life is a runway. Walk it like you own it.

Moderator: Mercedes

Mercedes
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Runway Diva

Lesson One: Stab Them with the Pointy End

Post by Mercedes »

First Duel-5/24

Stepping in, he holds open the door for Mercedes, a slight grin across his lips that quickly gets pursed into srsly faise. "And then I said to him 'he was twitching because he had -MY- axe embedded in his nervous system!' I gave it a jerk, and the body twitched a few more times. He got the point." G then gives a wave to.. well.. everybody.

She moved past him and just shook her head, feeling the nervousness in the pit of her stomach start to rise. Whispers, "Does this really have to happen in front of all of these people?" Then, reminding herself of the reason she was here tonight, her hand lifted to the bruise on her jaw. Yes, it had to. The sooner the better.

"What if I stab you by accident?" She honestly looked worried about that.

“Then you won't be shut out, and that's a good thing." He grinned at Mercedes. "Don't you worry your cute little backside. You'll be okay. If you stab me, well, it won't be the first time I've been stabbed. It doesn't even really hurt anymore."

She glanced around, feeling completely out of place, then towards the door...and freeeeeedom.

Grabs hold of her shoulders, then twists her a bit towards the rings, pushing her gently forward.

"Oh no you don't. You wanted to learn. And while it was hard enough getting you to hold the sword properly, best training comes from genuine combat. I call it 'hands on' training."

"I think it can wait until another night." She nodded rather vehemently. Digging in her heels a little to slow their progress. "Really, there is no hurry. I just won't walk along the docks alone anymore. I promise!" Her voice almost squeaked towards the end.

"You practically begged for this, you know." Pause. thinks. "Or was it something else you were begging for. Trying to remember." Pause again. "Well either way. You -can- do it now, or you -can- do it later. But, you're gonna end up learning how to fight."

"You're making this harder than it has to be, you know." He was grinning, near laughing at the resistance he was getting from her. "Come on, don't you want to know how to defend yourself against ruffians?"

"Okay fine. I have to do this but I would like to state, for the record, that making me do this in front of so many people to witness my utter inability to defend myself...IT SUCKS!" Anyone that had been around Merci knew she didn't behave in such a manner normally. Being attacked yesterday still bothered her and she knew he was right about this. It had been her idea but that didn't mean she was going to enjoy doing it. She started off towards a ring then stopped and turned to grin at him a little sheepishly.

"I...uh...don't have a weapon." Which was actually for the best since she would probably cut off her own finger.

He smiled and rubbed her back with one hand, shaking his head. "Don't worry, sweetie. There's a whole weapons rack for people who don't have anything. The question is, do you want to fight with a light sword, or a staff?" He eyed her. Every time he’d ever gotten a woman a weapon as a gift, reward, or training item, he'd given a rapier. But Merci had no training. So, she was going to need something simple. "Hmm. A wooden sword might be good to start with."

"Oh god. Everyone is going to laugh at me, G'nort." She chewed at her lower lip and looked around.

"Oh, they will not. Come on. Let's choose a sword for you." He grinned, pushing her towards the weapons rack. Then leaned in to whisper. "You don't have to, you know. You can get more training first. Are you sure you're ready?"

"You said this was necessary and I trust you on this. I'm never going to be ready but I am less ready to become a victim again. That will never happen again. So let's just do this."

Taking a deep breath and exhaling slowly, she leaned in to kiss his cheek. "I'm sorry for being cranky with you. You are just trying to help. It isn't your fault I am such a wuss." Half laugh. "Soon to be former wuss!" She headed towards the weapons rack.

He smiled and continued to rub her back. When they reached the weapons rack, his hand stopped at her lower back and he began pointing out choices. "Personally, I think a womans best weapon is a rapier, or short sword. Sometimes a staff. Either way, you should pick out a wooden one. Don't want you to accidentally hurt yourself in your attempts to impale me in vengeance for impaling you."

"You...aren't really going to impale me are you?" She was ready to turn around and leave now.
Life is a runway. Walk it like you own it.~
Mercedes
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Runway Diva

Post by Mercedes »

(cont...)

"Not in public, Merci. Sheesh. I thought our private times would remain private!" He laughs.

He was just stared at. "With all of the nonsense rumors that are going around about you, you choose to say that sort of thing in public? Next thing you know, people are going to think we are sleeping together and that is going to be written about and then people are going to be rude to you and then I am going to have to learn to fist fight too so I can kick someone's ass for insulting you. Do you see how it all snowballs from one joke?" Never get a Brazilian woman riled up. It is very noisy afterwards.

"You know, you're awfully cute when you're angry." That cocky grin there.

She clamped a hand over her mouth. She had cursed in public again and was just mortified. From behind her hand she spoke, mock glaring at him. "Do you see what you have done?"

"You've got a foul mouth on you, young lady. I'm going to have to scold you properly." Mock seriousness. "Choose your weapon wisely."

"I think that short one there. Or should I get something bigger?" Pointing at the wooden practice shortsword. "If it is bigger, will it work better?"

"It's not the size of the sword, Merci, it's how you wield it." Grinning. "Choose one that feels right in your hand."

She pulled the short sword from the stand and flexed her fingers around the hilt of it before hefting it up and down. "I guess this is okay. Doesn't seem heavy or anything." Swats at his backside with the flat of the wooden blade and grins. "Alright, let's go embarrass me!"

"As long as you're sure." He chuckles and gestures towards Candy, leading her that way. He was amused that she'd swatted him, too. She was already getting feisty, wasn't she?

Undoubtedly, he would be paying for this one way or another. Hopefully, if he won, he'd be able to nurse her wounds again. And he liked nursing her wounds.

"Alright, I will try not to hurt you too badly." Stage whispered as she stepped into the ring and winked at him. And yes, she was getting feisty!

"Let's see now..." He selects a nice little wooden stick. He wasn't trying to hurt her, but was going to have to use something.

He laughed and grinned at her, returning the wink. "I hope you don't. But you should know, I tend to have trouble with newer fighters. They always throw me for a loop. Maybe you'll have to nurse me!"

"Maybe you will get that lucky."

"Now remember, Merc. The object is to put the pointy end into your opponent. You -want- to hit me.

"Not anymore, I really don't, sweetie."

"Are you gaining weight?" That should make her want to hit him.

"Alright, let's go, buddy!" Though she still didn't look like she really wanted to hit him.

He laughed, then gets ready to get down to it.

"So you know, I am going to try to win. I want you to do the same thing. Don't be afraid of hitting me."

"Good, you better not just let me win."
Mercedes
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Runway Diva

Post by Mercedes »

(cont...)

The duel wasn’t a complete shutout; Merci had managed to score a couple of points. In her mind, the best part of it was the fact that she walked away without her face being more messed up.

Gives him a kiss then grins. "I didn't lose too badly, did I?"

She was rather surprised at what a good feeling it was to be trying to take care of herself. Maybe taking that nasty hit to the jaw yesterday was good for something.

He wraps his arm around her waist as they are close together and nods. "You didn't do too badly, no. For a first fight, I'd say it was pretty respectable."

Whispers, "Is anyone laughing at me? I don't want to look."

"Honestly, I don't think anyone was paying attention to our match." Grinning. "We probably could have gotten away with anything."

"Yes, but you couldn't have because I would have had to use my new trusty blade to whack you upside the head!" Teasing of course, and as she tries to wave the sword around like she is fencing, manages to crack herself on the head, drop it and nearly trip over it. Instant mortification. "I...I may need more training on how to hold it properly." Throat clear.

He smiles and nods, beginning to lead her from the ring. "There is plenty of time to give you some more lessons. We'll make a fearsome beast of you, yet."

"Yes, I can see this vision of yours. I will be feared by all." That couldn't be sarcasm. Not from Ms. Prim and Proper.Steps from the ring to put her practice sword away and then yawns a little.

He laughed, gesturing towards the exit. "Shall we go? I have some other training in mind for you tonight." He gives a wave to the others still there.

"Don't be a salacious pig, lovely. It doesn't look that great on you." Actually it did, but she wasn't talking about his devilish smile. She waves to the ladies and walks up the stairs with her hand tucked into the crook of his arm.

He places one hand over hers on his arm, smiling to her as he led the way up the stairs. "You know what does look good on me?" Grinning and pulling the door the the Arena open to let her step out.

"If you say that I do, I am probably going to smack you." But she was laughing as she stepped out.

That's what he was thinking! Maybe he would say it when they were outside of the arena, though. He followed her out and let the door close behind them.

Taken from live play and edited with permission. Thanks to the player of G.

Return to “The Runway”