We should do something nice for Mr. Franco...

All of life is a runway. Walk it like you own it.

Moderator: Mercedes

Mercedes
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Runway Diva

We should do something nice for Mr. Franco...

Post by Mercedes »

July 11th.

Sitting at the kitchen table drinking her morning coffee and reading the paper, Mercedes suddenly began to choke. After several moments the crisis passed and she was shaking a copy of Gossip Gangstar in Cor's face.

"I seriously have *got* to stop reading this trash! Who does that man think he is? Oh, hell no he didn't just elude to me being a sleazy pinup model. No, no that can't be right.” She paused to think for a moment, tapping at her chin with a manicured fingertip.

” Everyone knows I have more class than anyone. He must have just been complimenting on how amazingly fit I am. How I am beautiful enough to make those skeezy pinup girls pale in comparison."

This explanation fit Merci's reality and temperament much better. "I think I will send that lovely pink haired man a letter to thank him. Pictures of my last two fashion shows are a good idea also, I am certain he would love to have the proper facts to print." No, she really had no clue, since she was choosing to see herself and Marc Franco in the absolute best light.

Cor was flashed a smile. "Corlanthis, we should do something nice for Mr. Franco."

Cor was currently in the kitchen, all but using a trowel to spread heaps of butter onto some slices of toast. Following the butter were generous sprinklings of both cinnamon and sugar. Then, the plate of toast, as well as the plate of apple slices, and the glass of sweet tea were carried to the table. Whereupon he read over the article Merci was presenting to him. His brows drew together as he read, before finally blurting out.

"Yeah! That's right, Franco! I'm could totally have sex with Merci if I wanted! I am wholly capable of doing so and not at all lacking downstairs!" Of course, as Cor realized what he had said, he colored slightly, then coughed before seating himself and pretending the outburst hadn't even occured. He began filling his face with the toast as he listened to Merci rant.

"Y'know. You really shouldn't put too much stock in anything Franco says. Why, he used to tease me all the time for having nothing at all in my pants, thanks to some idle comments being passed around the Inn. You just learn to get over these things and blow them off." Which totally explained Cor's outburst earlier. Getting over it. Riiiiiiiight. He coughed again, before he began to think. Another piece of toast while his brain percolated. Then he was nodding slowly as a cinnamon speckled grin was directed towards Merci.

"Franco's a tricky one, though. It's. . .gotta be something that'll really get his attention. sending him the photos isn't a bad idea. But you know he's gonna just make up some story about how you faked them, or don't deserve them. Or how you maybe can't have sex because you're a eunuch. Whatever. We need to do something more impressive." This was punctuated by an apple slice being chomped viciously in half.

A well groomed brow arched at his outburst before she tilted her head and those golden amber eyes narrowed a little.

"Cor...you totally could not have sex with me. I would also like to keep my breakfast down, so if you could be so kind, please do not discuss your...anatomy at the table. Or anywhere...with me...ever again." She really wanted to use her hypnotic ability to "convince" him, but blinked and broke eye contact before the suggestion was more than a simple suggestion.

Another sip of her coffee was taken, this time there was no fit of choking. A frown marred her features for a moment, drawing her brows together. "He is a tricky one? I am sure he is a perfectly sweet man. Honestly, what kind of person could he be with that shock of neon pink hair? He must be harmless. Also, he thinks I am hot enough to be in a men's magazine. That proves he has good taste...in women at least, if not in his choice of reading material." Seeing the good in everyone, even if she sometimes had to make it up, was a character flaw.

Pointing at the heading of the section where she was mentioned "Sleeping her way straight to the top!", Mercedes tapped a couple of times. "Does he think I am gay? Does he think I was trying to sleep with Ms. Koyliak in order to get a job? I had nothing to do with whatever it was that G'nort did there. I am under contract with Poise, I already have a job! Besides, it would be distasteful to be having sex with more than one partner. Ms. Koyliak is quite beautiful but I am rather committed to G'nort. He is a good man beneath the..." She waved her hand about dismissively. "...other stuff that might not be so...good." Loosely translated, G was a good boyfriend and whatever he did in other aspects of his life didn't alter that fact.

After yet another sip of her coffee, she finally decided to give in to whatever it was that Cor was hinting at. "What do you suggest that we do that is more impressive? In what way can I return the favor to Mr. Franco for giving me a bit of publicity?" Because in Merci's world...everything was about publicity and appearances. Bad publicity (though she certainly wasn't seeing anything negative about the article now) was still publicity.
Life is a runway. Walk it like you own it.~
Mercedes
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Runway Diva

He said mean things about me...

Post by Mercedes »

Cor waved an apple slice through the air, shaking his head at her dismissal. "No no, I'm not saying we should or anything. Just that I am in possession of the required parts." This in full defiance of her admonition about discussing his boy-parts at the table. Cause it was his home and his table, darnit! The apple was subsequently chomped down on before he followed it up with a drink from his tea before he continued speaking.

"At any rate, I honestly doubt Franco really thinks any of that. He just picked the most outlandish things he could say about you based upon what happened in public. It's always a safe bet that Franco will completely warp whatever happens." This was all passed along with an air of knowledge and authorty. Cor, after all, had been a frequent subject of the Gangster since practically it's inception.

Of course, as Merci extolled the virtues of G, Cor just gave her a look that went on for pretty much the duration of the praises. Once she finished, he was chuckling to himself and filling his face with another piece of toast. He resumed thinking, though Merci was given a considering glance as he did so. Finally, he began to voice his thoughts. "Well, it looks like you're serious about doing something for him, so I guess the best way would be to give him some publicity in return? We could go graffiti up the side of a wall somewhere or something. Like maybe the building where the Post used to be?" Cor was just spitballing ideas, here.

”Oh Corlanthis, you poor dear, did he hurt your feelings once or something? Take the last of the sugar..or worse...” Mock gasp. “Did he drink up all of your sweet tea and now you have this terrible opinion of his journalistic integrity? You should be ashamed of yourself!”

Reading back over the article though, she frowned a little. ”He called my G’nort a moron. That wasn’t very nice at all. Maybe there is something to what you are saying. Perhaps he did ‘warp’ things. Everyone knows G is a darling.”

Finally setting the article aside once again, she returned her attention to the cinnamon and sugar faced Cor. ”Vandalism, even for a good cause, is never a good idea. Come up with something better.” Suddenly her face brightened so much that Cor could likely see the lightbulb over her head. ”I’ve got it! I will bake him some cookies. Or a pie. Perhaps cake. I will invite him over for dinner and will cook a seven course meal! What do you think, Cor?” Then the problem with Marc Franco would be over for them all because one bite of Merci’s cooking would likely kill him. Of course, she had no idea she was a horrible cook. G redirected her efforts enough that she should have picked up on this fact, but she never had; she still believed she was chef material.

Cor just hunkered down in his chair, sliding lower and folding his arms across his chest. He might have even puffed his cheeks out as he glared at Merci while she made fun of him. Of course, once she was finished, the best Cor could return with was a sullen, "He said mean things about me. . .".

Of course, his expression rapidly screwed it's way up into startled disbelief at the comment of G being a darling. His mouth slowly dropped open and his green eyes flickered over her face, searching for some sign that she was being facetious or that she was joking around. Upon finding none, he could only reach up and scratch at one temple in silent confusion. She was normally such an intelligent woman. . .

He was suitably distracted from that gap in her judgement of character as they discussed further Franco ideas. Cor was shaking his head as she mentioned vandalism. One hand going up to wave from side-to-side. "No no, it's not vandalism. The Post is defunct, so the building isn't being used for anything. What better use to put it to than to use it to glorify the winner of their little literary struggle? Between the Gangster and the Post, I mean?"

"Hmm. I don't know about cooking for him, though. I really don't know if I'd want to hand Franco the ammunition that comes with a professional, high-class Model eating such a large meal."
Cor gave her figure a once over, at least as much as he was able to with their seated positions at the table. Then he puffed his cheeks out and made a ballooning gesture with his hands. "I just don't think that's a good route to go. We should..I dunno. Advertise for him somewhere. I already have his newsletters all over the place at Oh-Oh, so I'm not really sure we can do anything there."
Mercedes
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Runway Diva

Franco said you were the type to...

Post by Mercedes »

Everyone has someone that is absolutely perfect for them, someone that brings out the best in them. Sometimes the two people may be opposites in personality but make that work to the advantage of their relationship. G and Merci were like that. She knew *some* of his flaws but none of that had ever affected her. For the most part, aside from the occasional insensitive and uncouth behavior that came from being a man and pirate, G had been nothing but a gentleman towards her and treated her better than most men treated their girlfriends. So, hearing comments about his past or reading gossip articles about him wasn’t about to sway her opinion of him or her affection for him.

Cor definitely knew exactly how to distract Merci from the idea of cooking for Franco. It wasn’t the fear of giving him ammunition that stopped her cold in her plans, but the fear of any weight gain. ”Yes, yes you are right. It would be rude not to eat with him if I invited him over for dinner. Hm. We need to come up with some way to show our appreciation for what he does.” Aha moment! ”I have it! We will advertise for him! Who doesn’t want free advertisement?” It was like she just didn’t hear Cor at all, wasn’t it?

Cor just squinted at Merci as he listened, then while she was speaking and reiterating back at him what he had just suggested, he leaned forward and started waving his palm in front of her face. If she questioned him, or gave him a confused look, he would just return a thumbs-up to her. He was simply checking to see if he hadn't suddenly gone invisible or inaudible. And after she finished, he snickered and nodded a few times. "Yeah, that sounds like a pretty good idea. I think we should do that. But how. . .how is the question."

"Hmm. Franco said you were . . ."
Cor leaned forward, reading from the latest Gangstar..then began quoting it. ". . .the type to be in a barely-there bikini bottom while holding her boobs”. . .so why don't we do something like that? You can dress up in some variation of that while holding a sign advertising for Franco to hide your womanly bits." Cor nodded at the satisfaction of a job well done as he filed that suggestion away as 'do-able'. Then he was glancing over at Merci to see what she thought of the whole thing.

Mercedes looked at Cor with an owlish, unblinking golden-eyed stare. For several moments her face was impassive before she just rolled her eyes at whatever it was that he was hoping to accomplish by being in her face. She huffed out a long-suffering siiiigh.

”Of course, it is a good idea. All of my ideas are excellent, Corlanthis. I am not simply a flawless face, beautiful body, epitome of fashion, and excellent orator. I am also incredibly intelligent and creative. It is no wonder that I am so loved.”

Again, she assumed that blank look, as she thought of his suggestion. Most women might have balked at the idea of stripping down to nearly nothing and being a living, nearly nude advertisement, but being a living advertisement was basically what she “did.”

Though she was certainly not the type to pose in such a way for a men’s magazine, she also had no issues with her body. So, Merci found herself nodding at Cor’s suggestion of using Franco’s own words as the basis of her gift of advertisement. ”I like it. It is bold and will definitely draw attention which is what we want to do.”
Mercedes
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Runway Diva

Good deed for the month completed...

Post by Mercedes »

Cor was whistling as he and Mercedes made their way towards the Inn. Up the steps. Across the porch, and to the door. But as they reached the door, Cor paused their trek. He turned to give her a once over, eyes narrowing as he looked her over from her feet to the top of her head. Or at least to as close to the top of her head as he could reach. He even gave the sign another once over, making sure everything was spelled correctly before nodding and holding the door open for his companion. "Away we go!"

In a twisted sense of obligation to the great Marc Franco after his last article, Mercedes and Corlanthis had come up with the perfect way to thank the pink haired journalist. Well, Cor had come up with the idea but Merci was the one carrying out the plan. Clad in a "barely there bikini bottom" just as Franco had written about, and nothing more besides a large sign around her neck that covered her chest, she nodded as Corlanthis opened the door for her. "Away we go! Free advertising for Marc Franco!" The sign around her neck read, "READ GOSSIP GANGSTAR" and that was it. Obviously the model was supposed to be the gimmick that drew attention, not the words.

Cor followed her on in. Clearly, this was less about thanking Franco for him, and more about well..the advantages Cor reaped were pretty evidently right in front of him and touring the Inn. "I'm not gonna yell that." said amiably from his position behind Merci.

"So, how's this going to work? Are you going to just..I dunno, wander around the Inn? Just sit and look great? Do you want a drink?" Cor was already ambling for the bar. Smiles for everyone!

"I think just sitting here, facing the room so they can see the sign is probably enough. And yes, a drink would be lovely. Make it something pink to keep with the theme!" Always such attention to detail. Then there was a camera and what did Merci love more than a camera? Nothing! So she struck a pose, pointing at the sign, because she couldn't forget the whole reason for showing up here dressed like this. For the record, this was likely to cause her great bodily harm when G'nort found out. Oh...the argument...that would...ensue.

Cor squinted as Merci was suddenly accosted by the impromptu paparazzi. Thorn got a cheerful thumbs up for her pro-activeness, and then Cor was rounding the bar, looking for something pink. Something pink. Uh..hmm. He scoured the fridges and finally had a glass of pink lemonade waiting for Merci's perusal. Then it was time iced tea. Cor style.

Mercedes smiled sweetly at Katt and the lovely photographer (Thorn). Lounging back upon the barstool, she accepted the glass of pink lemonade and took a sip. "Alright, Cor...how long do you propose that I continue to advertise?" Being nice was one thing...giving away her time and image for long was quite another.

A glance back over towards Merci, while talking to Katt, and he looked thoughtful as he drank from the diabetus-inducing liquid in his glass. "Hmm. Probably don't need to stick around for very long. Just get people talking and asking about it. Create some buzz. Give it five more minutes or so?"

Cor caught Katt's attention and directed it towards the very prominent 'Read Gossip Gangstar' sign around Merci's neck.

Long-suffering sigh for Cor. "Five more minutes. Fine."

The model smiled at Katt again after she heard Cor mention something about coming back from the dead. "I will never get used to the things that happen in RhyDin but coming back from the dead
certainly seems like a plus. Welcome back and I hope you decide to stick around for a while."

"Has it been five minutes yet, Cor?" Impatient as a kid on a long car ride.

Cor took another drink from his glass, then shrugged his shoulders. "Sure. I dunno. Probably. I haven't exactly been keeping track." Another drink and another shrug. "I figure we've done Franco enough favors today anyway. Lets beat feet before I turn into a potato at the stroke of five or something." Not that..that was going to happen. Maybe.

"Alright, we are so done here. Good deed for the month completed!" Her glass was placed upon the bar before she slid from the barstool and modestly straightened the massive sign. "Everyone, don't forget to read Gossip GangSTAR." She muttered the next part under her breath. "Or this has all been pointless." She headed towards the door and once Cor caught up with her, was over the threshold and out.

Taken from live play. Thanks to those involved and to Marc Franco's player for providing the inspiration.

Return to “The Runway”