Day One on Crutches

What do you get when you throw characters from different settings together?
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Day One on Crutches

Post by King »

11 / 26 / 2012

Click.. click.. click.. How annoying would that sound become as the days pass? Who knew -- but this one could be called day one. King was mobile now. Her knee wasn't hurt enough for serious surgery, but she was told that if she didn't take it easy.. that might become a possibility. Keep off of it, lots of rest -- that's what she was supposed to do for this first week. The rest? Well, stay off of it. Wait till things healed up then start rehab and hopefully everything would turn out for the best. It was a lot of one on one talk with the Doctor, some of it Gabby hadn't heard.. but it was a sort of shock to King. Seeing how close she almost got to screwing herself over. She could've almost kissed sports goodbye if it had been anything worse. R&R, that's what she needed right now..

.. But when you're antsy and given a set of crutches? It's hard to really try and relax. "Ayo, Gabby.. I kinda' wish they gave me a wheelchair. I could be doin' wheelies 'n sh*t right now. Prolly give you rides all over the place too." Body swinging forward with each crutch ``step`` she to ok. She then bounced about some in place, turning about to face the girl. "Scale of 1 to 10.. How sexy do I look?" Because being in two hospital gowns to make sure your backside wasn't showing, and walking around on crutches was sexy as hell.

Gabby looked up from the magazine she was flipping through and grinned. "I can totally go find a wheelchair later if you are up for some fun!" Then she frowned at herself. "I mean...we can't do that...gotta behave an' sh*t." Gabby had set herself into the role of the responsible one, the one that kept King from injuring herself further. This was a new role for her and she had to constantly remind herself of it and push aside every mischievous idea that came to mind; there were a lot of them. Still, the idea of racing down the halls in a wheelchair and doing wheelies...it was almost too much to pass up. She could probably drag some of the other patients into it and make it a real race. People could place bets...it would be fun! But no, Gabby had to save King from them both.

She shook out of her dreary thoughts on responsibility and looked King over from head to toe. "13. Can't give ya a higher score cause you got bedhead and you ain' brushed your teeth."

".. That sucks.. There was this girl, right? She had one of those electric wheelchair's and I would jus' hop on the back and she'd carry me around all ova' the place. I want onna' those, then we'd be set." Terry crutched herself over toward the bed and sat herself down.. Excuse the small grunt of pain when she rose her leg, but she needed to get it elevated.

"Except bed head's supposed ta' look sexy, but I get the whole brushin' my teeth thing.. You don't wanna kiss someone with stank breath, right? Even if she's hurtin' and beggin'?" Was that a hint that she wanted a kiss?

King couldn't even argue a little bit about them behaving? She couldn't even just try to change Gabby's mind? Because Gabby would totally let her change her mind about this...she realllly wanted to do wheelies in the wheelchair and start the wheelchair race betting pool. Damn King for picking this moment not to be her usual instigating self! As Gabby listened to King's story she was nodding. "Maaan, that would be so sweet! We could totally own this place. Don' like somebody? Just run them the hell over. Perfect!"

"Correction: some bed head looks sexy." Gabby blinked a few times. "Nah, I ain' a fan of stank breath. And we can't be kissin'...can't be responsible for ya losin' ya mind after somethin' that good." It was a good avoidance tactic. Oh, it wasn't that Gabby didn't think about kissing King, because she did...and she as staring at the girl's lips like that is exactly what she was thinking about at the moment. But she couldn't. They couldn't. Gabby let out a little sigh and forced her attention back to the magazine. It wasn't like she even liked girls the way King did. Because she didn't...she just liked King. It was the most confusing thing in the world for Gabby.

But those nurses are mean..! Plus, King wanted to be a little lazy. Was it so wrong to want to be a little lazy? Maybe a little lazy with Gabby.. but her tactic in getting a kiss wasn't working. Terry half sat and half laid on the bed for now while watching Gabby go back to her magazine. "I'm already losin' my mind, babygirl." Dramatic slam of her head back against pillow. "I need ya'.. You're killin' me." With an even more dramatic sigh to go along with it.

One of those crutches was then grabbed. She'd hold it in such a way that she could reach out with it. Trying to poke at Gabby. Poke, poke. "Ayo, drop the magazine and let's do somethin'.. Wanna go swipe bedpans an' put 'em in weird places?" The urge to be lazy was there, but she wanted Gabby to be all into her right now. Magazine = bad.
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

Gabby looked up from the magazine tht she was mostly just pretending to read and stared at King. "How'm I killin' ya? My name ain' Matt Simon!" Gabby snickered, even though she really shouldn't have. "And I'm riiiight here. You need me and I am right freakin' here, Kingly. Geez!" Gabby rolled up the magazine and then leaned forward in her chair that was right next to King's bed, and swatted the half and half on the side of her thigh...on the good leg. Not the bad leg because that would have been mean.

"Stooooop pokin' me!" She laughed as grabbed King's crutch and tried to take it away from her. "Alright, alright...I'm payin' attention. Let's do somethin'...anything ya want." Gabby got up from her chair and then plopped down onto King's bed next to her. "You're a lil stir crazy right now, huh?"

It would have been. Good thing Gabby wasn't that much of a meanie right now. Terry's crutch was taken, so she had nothing to poke the other girl with.. Then again, Gabby was sitting close by now. All she had to do was sit up, lean forward, and proceed to nudge at her with a few well placed fingers. "Anythin' I want? Except kissin'..? Since you seem to be all against makin' me feel all good right now."

"Psh, girl...I was tryin ' to save you from going crazier than you already are! And if makin' ya feel good will stop ya from whinin' then I'm all for that..." Gabby grinned then reached down to grab King's fingers that were now nudging her. "How ya feelin' for real, though? Pain more under control?" Her light hearted grin had faded into a look of concern.

".. Don't want ya' worryin' 'bout me." Fingers curling to grasp at the hand that took her own. "Yeah, it's fine.. I mean, it's hurtin', but I can deal. Did it to myself, right? Gotta' deal with it." She wouldn't be saying that in the next hour when the medication begins to wear off.. then it was back to the whole complaining about wanting more, but that was still a good ways away. ".. said I could leave tomorrow.. Should we make plans? I mean.. Ya' said you'd help take care of me, but I don't wanna be all forcin' ya."

"Too late for that. Been worryin' 'bout you since the first day I met ya, babes." Gabby looked down at their entwined fingers and then brought them up to her lips. "I hate that you hurt. Wish I could fix you up, no matter if it is your fault for bein' dumb 'nough to fight that dude..."

Gabby smiled a little and then gave a quick nod. "Was totally serious 'bout takin' care of you. You wanna stay at my room or maybe I should get another room on the first floor to make it easier for ya to get around? Up to you cause I dunno how well you can get around on them crutches. And you ain' forcin' me into nothin'...I love you and ain' 'bout to abandon ya when ya need me most.." She swallowed because of how easy she seemed to speak her feelings and then looked away as her cheeks reddened. Sometimes she wished she could just learn to be quiet.

Lower lip was taken between teeth and given a nibble. Was she smiling? Oh yes -- yes she was. It was hard not to smile when those words met her ears. A faint blush appearing on her own freckled cheeks, yet it wasn't as easy to make out like the other girls. King did her own looking away, then laughing out lightly. "That your way of tellin' me I'm too fat to carry? The Cardinal's gonna be gettin' busy.. Shelter stuff 'n all, so your room'll be for the best. I could learn ta' scoot up the stairs if ya' wanna not switch things up."

Terry pulled at that held hand, looking to bring Gabby closer to her. ".. I love ya' too, babygirl. Real talk.. I ain't gonna get tired of sayin' it too."
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

"Hey, I ain' sayin' you're fat or nothin' but you do have that big ol' a**..." Gabby snickered, never failing to find the amusement in that joke. "But I guess I can carry ya on my back or somethin' if you get tired of hikin' up the steps with those crutches. But it ain' no big deal to get a different room for a while. Or I can just get you one of your own and we can split time between..." Gabby wasn't sure why she thought of that, and almost instantly regretted the words as soon as they left her mouth. She knew how King would take that. And with the way King looked at Rix...with that suspicion, Gabby was pretty sure her words would be taken in an even more wrong way. "I mean...yanno what...I got no damn idea what I mean but I'm glad you love me cause that means you can ignore stupid sh*t I say and do, right?"

.. and his was a few faces that flashed in Terry's mind when she heard that line. Why else would she want to put her in another room? Hell, it was something King would do. Her lips pursed, pressing tightly against on another while she looked over to the TV. There was nothing interesting there, but she was using it to look like she was doing something else. "It's all good.." She smiled, even tried to laugh it off some. "I kinda' missed sharin' a bed with you, so I ain't passin' that up. I can scoot myself up the stairs, no problem. If ya' hear some loud thumps though, that's me prolly breakin' my neck."

"A'ight, that works. Just lemme know if we need to relocate downstairs. Maybe I'll just do that anyway. I'mma call G later and ask him if he has any good rooms on the first floor...rooms that that jerk Mick can't barge into." She huffed then realized that King had no idea about all of that drama. She quickly changed the subject. "I'mma make you get outta the room sometimes though. I'll take ya to your Inn and to the store or wherever you wanna go cause it ain' good for a person not to be out gettin' fresh air. Need to stock up on junk food and stuff too. What else we need?" She pursed her lips as she thought about the list of things she needed to do before King got out of the hospital.

"I ain't missin' no Christmas lights 'n all that sh*t, so we're gonna be shoppin' 'n everythin'.. Yanno, since I'm all banged up, I bet we could get to the front of lines easy at the carnivals." Already thinking on how she could milk her screwed up situation for all it's worth. "I'ma have to make a few calls later.. I talked a lil' with school already, 'n since I did so well last time.. There shouldn't be any fuss 'bout me finishin' off the rest of this semester off campus. Prolly think I'll jump another grade up with yo' special tutorin'." Corny grin found her face. ".. It's only two weeks anyway, exams'll be the only thing I gotta' come in for." And the play.. But she wasn't sure if she'd go through with it or not, maybe after a few days when she had a better feel for her injury -- then she'll make the call.

But King wasn't deaf, she had heard what Gabby said, but didn't speak on it too soon, at least till now. "People bargin' into your room now? Do I need to beat someone up?"

"Sounds like fun! I'mma make you go Christmas carolin' and all that stuff! And I bet we could prolly be at the front of the line to see Santa too!"

Gabby nodded about King's school situation, as usual she took the half and half's education seriously. "I plan on you bein' one of their top students. Then you can't spout off this bullsh*t 'bout you not bein' good at nothin' but fightin'." No, no Gabby wasn't going to let it go, no matter how much King wished she would.

"Just Mick...and don' ask!" Mostly because Gabby didn't want to have to lie to King about what had happened or rather whom had been there when it happened. "It ain' no big deal and G is takin' care of it for me. But NO, you don' need to be beatin' nobody up! You need to stop thinkin' 'bout fightin' all the damn time, psycho chick...geez!" There...the conversation was adequately changed, she hoped.

"Why visit Santa? You can jus' hop on my lap and ask me what ya' want for Christmas." Waggling eyebrows? You can bet on it. Her lips then pursed some.. Gabby bringing up studies, her being worth more than fighting. Terry couldn't see herself doing much in life.. Fighting was something she was good at, along with sports. She couldn't even see herself going to college once this school year was over. Her head dipped some, but she wouldn't comment on it. Instead - she'd sigh out and try to talk more about the Mick problem, or she might have if Gabby didn't swing it back around to her fighting.

".. I'm a fighter, Gabby.. That's what I do, it's kinda' hard to turn it all off. I can become somethin' in these sports, yanno?"

"Psh...your knee is too banged up for me to hop onto your lap. Santa is my only option this year!"

Gabby sighed as she listened to King. The she abruptly stood up. "I'mma go get some hot chocolate...I'll bring you back something." Her gaze didn't lift to King's, she just turned and picked up her bag before walking out of the room.

".. Yeah, okay." There was nothing else to say. King laid her head back against pillows and looked up to the ceiling. It wasn't rocket science, she said the wrong thing. Gabby was probably pissed.. After all, she was telling her things like `Quit fighting`, but how was she supposed to up and quit? There was a future in this. Money to be made, histories to make. It's not like people were lining up to call her back for auditions. Getting over Alyson was probably the only movie role she was ever going to get, and even that flick didn't do well.

The more King thought on it, the more angry she became. Her knee was screwed up right now, she wouldn't be able to do much because of it. A burst of anger hit her, and she felt the need to grab and throw something. The only thing in range being the magazine Gabby had been reading, or the remote.. and it was the magazine that caught her eye first, so it was what was thrown to the wall. King laid back after and let out a frustrated sigh.
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

Gabby stood outside of the partially closed door and slumped against the wall. A hand lifted to rub across her forehead then swiped at each of her eyes to brush away the start of tears. She rolled her eyes at herself. God, Gabby...stop being such a sissy. Her shoulders straightened a little more and then she heard something smack the wall next to the door. Gabby leaned around to peek inside the door and saw King laying back on the bed, sighing. She let out her own sigh and then walked down the hallway towards the elevators that would take her down to the cafeteria.

Gabby bought two hot chocolates and some brownies and gave herself enough time to calm down before she took it all back upstairs to King. She nudged the door open further with her foot and cleared her throat to let the other girl know she was there.

In a bright, cheery voice that she used to try to hide her worry and irritation, Gabby sang out as she neared the bed. "Ohhhh Kingly! I have chocolate~!" The hot chocolate and brownies were placed upon the bedside table and she dropped onto the chair next to the bed.

Remote set down against the table once Gabby returned. King didn't say anything, but she tried to smile for the girl. It was hard not to -- that cherry voice was something to smile about. King looked to her new bounty of goodies and let out a sigh. ".. I'ma get fat, seriously." Half joking, half telling the truth. Her knee being screwed up like this meant she couldn't do much.. Maybe she could still lift weights, but running was out of the question. Her poor, poor leg.

"You still gonna love me even if I blow up?" Reaching to take the brownie. It was given a look, then she'd bite into it.

"You'll work it all off after your knee heals up, T. But I'll stop bringin' ya things to make ya happy if ya want." Gabby smiled a little and leaned forward to take her cup of hot chocolate.

"Of course...no matter what. Real talk...I'mma always love you. Might not like ya someday or it might not seem that I love ya...but I do and I will.." Maybe Gabby was slowly trying to build up to telling King the truth with that or maybe she was just being realistic. People were estranged from one another all of the time. She just wanted King to know if that ever happened, she loved her and knew she would continue to do so.

".. I'ma try." She took another bite of that brownie and set it down. Chewing a few times before speaking more. "I'ma not f*ck things up, okay? For real. I wanna make ya' happy.." She said that, but didn't want to give up fighting. It was a stupid thing to say probably, but it's what left her lips. She looked to Gabby, then reached out for her.

"F*ck things up how?" Gabby took a sip from her hot chocolate and reached out to take a brownie off of the plate sitting upon the table next to her. Seeing King reach out for her, Gabby sat down the hot chocolate and gave that free hand to King. "Hey, 'sup, T? You okay?"

Like with Teagan - that's what came to mind, but wouldn't pass from her lips. Fingers curled and squeezed at the other girls. "Yeah, I'm good.. Just thinkin', that's all." King didn't know what this was.. They were throwing around words like love, but did that mean they were something? Gabby was taking care of her, they were seeing each other again, it was leading King into thinking they might really be something more.

"Ayo. Uh.." Crap. She forgot what she wanted to say. Was it the medication? Something like that. She'd shake her head a few times and laugh out. "I'm totally blankin' out."

"Whatcha thinkin' 'bout?" Gabby just thought King was acting like she couldn't remember because she didn't want to speak out. That was how things had worked with King, after all. The girl had always been a little skittish. Gabby chewed at her lower lip as she thought for a moment before speaking. "Yanno, Kingly...I think sometimes people just f*ck up because there is too much pressure put on 'em. I think less pressure makes people happier. Bein' kinda free to do your own thing..." She trailed off and cleared her throat. Gabby was so overcome with guilt at that moment that she couldn't even look King in the eye. Yes, King had messed up and had hurt her a lot and Gabby didn't want to take the chance of that happening again but she knew she should tell King that she was dating other people. Just to keep the lines of communication open. She figured King would be seeing someone else anyway, probably already was...but that didn't change the fact that the two of them loved each other. Gabby wanted things to be how they were without becoming more dangerous to her heart but she couldn't tell King that yet. Not while the girl was injured and in such a bad state of circumstances.

"I hurt ya'.. when I did that." King thought Gabby was hinting at her. Maybe if she thought on it more instead of replying on impulse, she would see it more clearly. "I don't wanna make you cry." She gripped at that held hand again and smiled over to the girl. "I ain't gonna f*ck up this time.. It might be rough, but I'ma try and make it work.. That's if, you work with me..?"

This was where Gabby could either tell the truth and take the chance of hurting King now or she could lie and hurt King later. Not great options, either of them. She cleared her throat and tightened her grip on King's hand.

"I...I think we shouldn' be too quick to tie each other down. I mean...things are good like this, right? We're talkin', spendin' time together, everything is cool. I just don' think we need to rush nothin'...we made that mistake before and didn' talk to each other for weeks. That hurt bad, Kingly. Can't we just like...love each other and not try to label it or force ourselves into somethin' too fast?" There...it was out. It might not be full of details about her personal life but she wasn't outright lying to King either. Gabby's lower lip was drawn beneath her teeth and her gaze lowered to their joined hands.

".. You 'n him, right..?" Him being Rix. Terry's grip on Gabby's hand began to loosen up, but then tightened a few seconds later while the girl forced a smile to her face. "Alright." She did this to herself. She should've known that if she screwed things up, Gabby would of went for someone else.. Or, were they together before the events with Teagan? King didn't know -- all this did was bring up more questions. Was she hurt? Yes. She was willing to try and make things work, and she was jealous as well.. There was no doubt about that. She felt some anger even thinking about Gabby with someone else. Was this how Gabby felt about Teagan?

".. I'm kinda' tired. You can have the rest." Speaking about the half eaten brownie and untouched hot chocolate.
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

"Me an' him...who and...what?" Gabby frowned a little as King's hand loosened in hers. She tightened her hand around the other girl's then loosened as she felt King grip again. Her other hand reached out to rub the other side of King's hand and Gabby sighed. "I dunno what you want me to say. I didn' lie when I said I loved you. I ain' lyin' when I say I wanna be with you too. But T, as good as your intentions might be...you an' I both know you ain' gonna be happy just with me. And I don' think I can be happy with just you either. What I feel for you I ain' never felt for nobody before and it scares the hell outta me. You told me you had feelin's for me and then you lied to my face about you and Teagan. Did you think I would be such a sucka that I would just take that? Because I took so much sh*t from Noah?"

Now she was getting angry. All of those bottled up feelings regarding King's betrayal and lies...they were finally coming to the surface. Had she been able to think things through, she would have just stuffed it right back down into the pit of her stomach and walked away. But she couldn't right now...she was too overwhelmed by emotions that she hadn't dealt with. She and King had put a bandaid over a major wound and pretended there wasn't blood everywhere.

"I ain' nobody's doormat anymore. Never again." Gabby let go of King's hand and took the brownie from the other hand and tossed it into the trash. "I ain' hungry." Gabby stood and walked towards the door, grabbing her bag off of the chair before she opened it. "I'm sorry things aren' the way you want them, T. But honestly...you had the chance to make them that way and you blew it. This is all I got to give now. I want us to be what we are to each other, how we are right now and I will always be your friend...but I can't offer you my heart on a platter...not again." Gabby still didn't agree or deny that Rix had anything to do with this. Because really...he didn't. Yes, she was dating him now but the issue she and King were having wasn't because of him. He came after the problems began. He was the friend she turned to when her heart was broken and he had made her feel better. No, the problem was that she and King were too toxic to one another if their relationship was left unchecked, they would consume and destroy one another. And anyone involved with either of them.

Gabby looked back at King and just stared for a moment, sorrow apparent in her eyes. She spoke softly, almost in a whisper. "I'm sorry, Kingly. I didn' wanna have this conversation right now. If you don' want me to take care of you now or you don' wanna see me...I understand. But I do love you. I hope you believe that. Text me if you want me to come back, otherwise I'll leave ya alone..." Gabby stepped from the room, a hand immediately rising to swipe at her eyes.

"No.. I." King couldn't say much. Her tongue felt tied, everything just wasn't looking her way. Gabby was speaking the truth, even though King would like to say that she didn't lie about Teagan. They weren't together.. but at the same time, that would be just adding fuel to the fire. She grit her teeth and did what she usually did, kept quiet. Sit there, shut up, and let her walk away.

.. But she didn't want her to walk away. She didn't want her to leave. When the door closed, it echoed in Terry's head. "Gabby, wait!" She yelled out. She reacted on impulse alone, and that was why her leg shot out from the bed and her body moved along with it. She'd touch down, and that other leg followed. Pain shot through her body, and she already knew she messed up in that instant. Her foot touched down even before she could stop herself, and she'd collapse from the lack of balance and pain that it brought. Arm hit the ground first to protect herself from falling face first against the hard floor, but she'd crumple either way. And, as if to add insult to injury, her shoulder had struck the side table on the way down, allowing that luke warm hot chocolate to fall over while bang sounded out.

Gabby heard a muffled version of "Gabby, wait!" and she hesitated. Then she shook her head and continued to walk; she needed to clear her head before she went back in there. She shouldn't have lost it like that and she felt nothing but regret for what she had said, no matter that it had been true.

Gabby was sitting outside on a bench drinking from a fresh cup of hot chocolate when she received a call. She didn't recognize the number but answered anyway.

"Hello?"

"Yeah, this is her..."

"Ohmygod...is she alright?"

"Okay...okay, I 'll be right there."

Gabby hung up even as the nurse was still talking and ran down the sidewalk back towards the main tower of the hospital. Her lungs were burning but she didn't stop running until she was pushing through the door to King's room.

"Oh Jesus, T...what'd you do?"
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

King was in bed again. In not much of a mess anymore. Things were cleaned, the floor, the table, and King included. Her hair was even brushed, somewhat. A nurse was making a few more checks before she excused herself past Gabby and left the room.

King didn't answer the girls question, at least not yet. Waiting till the door closed and they were alone once more. ".. Eh, I fell." And sporting a new bruise on her arm thanks to where she fell, but she hid it away under her blanket while staring over at the window. ".. I can't even run after you.. this f*ckin' sucks."

"So for the first time, I might be a lil faster than you, Sporty!" Gabby tried and failed miserably to make that joke. Then her voice softened as she walked towards the bed. "So you tried to run after me and hurt yourself again. Great. Now I can have that on my conscience too..."

Gabby shook her head and swallowed. "I'm sorry your life has been so sh*tty for the past few days, Kingly. I wish I could just fix it for you. I would fix it if I could..." Gabby reached out a hand hesitantly then laid it upon King's shoulder, giving a light squeeze. "I'm sorry..."

There was a wince. The shoulder touched had been the same one that slammed against the side table. The gown covered the small bruise, but it was still somewhat tender. She tried her best to act like it was something else, and slowly rolled her shoulder while lifting up a hand to press it to Gabby's own.

"I'm the sorry one, babygirl.. I f*cked everythin' up, an' there's no way of fixin' it.. If, .. I'll do what you wanna.. If you wanna be open, I can do that. I jus' want us to be cool." King tried to hide her feelings behind a small smile. "Feels weird, bein' the one chasin' after the girl.. I ain't used to that."

"Don' be sorry, Kingly. It's old history now. Let's just start over." Not that either of them could forget what they had been through together or just start over but it was a nice sentiment meant to put the half and half at ease. "We're already cool. I told ya...all ya had to do was text me. Instead you f*ck yourself up again so the nurse'll call me...geez, T...you don' do anything half-a**ed, do ya?" Gabby forced a little laugh then sat down on the edge of the bed, looking at King with an uncharacteristically serious expression. "You don' gotta chase somethin' you already have..." Then she leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss to the other girl's forehead. "Let's not have all of this tension between us. I just want us to be happy together again..."

The kiss to her forehead had King closing her eyes. The lingering feeling of those lips against her skin - it's what she focused on. She then sighed out, trying to sound like everything would be fine. Humor. Humor would work. "Had ta' get your attention somehow, right..? An' I needed a bath anyway, so it worked out." Shrugging slightly. ".. Though, I wouldn't be callin' gettin' felt up by that mean a** nurse a bath."

"Well it worked. Way to go, Drama Mama. But that nurse felt you up 'cause you're so freakin' hawt, obviously!" Gabby tried to add her own humor. Her heart felt like lead at the moment but she didn't want to sound gloomy and cause any more sorrow for King. Why does everything always gotta be so damn difficult? Gabby brushed a hand over the top of King's head then settled down next to her, careful not to press much weight against the other girl. "So, are ya still stayin' with me when you get sprung from this jail?"

"Obviously." Agreeing with a straight face. The corner of her lips cracking into a grin, but only a ghost of one when Gabby then asked her the next question. "Well.. the offer's still open, right? Ain't like I'm goin' back home for vacation.. so spendin' it with you," Shoulders rose up and fell in a shrug. "Sounds like fun."

"Of course it is. You shouldn' even have to ask." Gabby sighed a little. "I'm sorry sh*t is so messed up between us. We been through so much together...dunno why you stuck around this long after all of that with Noah happened. Most people woulda just taken off and saved their skin. Why didn' you?" This was something Gabby had wondered about on many occasions. Why had King stuck her neck out for her like that?

"Thought you knew the answer." She reached out. Her hand seeking to curl fingers about Gabby's shoulder so that she could bring her in. They were fighting some time ago.. and now, this. Her touch guiding along that shoulder, then placing itself against the side of the smaller girls neck while King leaned in to press her forehead to Gabby's own. "I gotta thing for ya'.. You're my girl," Even if I have to share ya'.. Is what she wanted to add, but she didn't want to admit it. She wanted Gabby to herself.

Gabby leaned in, pressed forehead to forehead with King and closed her eyes. She smiled a little as she heard those words then tried to laugh. "Betcha say that to all the girls..." Gabby did partially believe this. King wasn't the only one that was jealous. But mostly, Gabby was just trying to lighten things up so King would be less tense. "I gotta thing for your crazy a**, too...in case you didn' know it..."

"Naww.. Really? I woulda' never guessed that.. Gabby, havin' a thing for me? Nawww, can't be." She nuzzled her nose against Gabby's. Going for the eskimo kisses before tilting her head lightly to the side, then sneaking in to brush lips against the possibly sugary-sweet lips of Gabby.

Gabby grinned at King's words then that smile faded as she watched the half and half tilt her head. Her eyes lowered as she leaned in for that kiss then were reopened as she hovered there. "You're right...can't be..."

King scooted a little forward. The hand at Gabby's neck was already on the move. Down her shoulder, her arm, then finally meeting her waist. Terry might of been getting a little too comfortable. In the way she was kissing at the girl, focusing fully on her lips. Though she did stop and wince, too much leaning had brought pressure against her knee. "Never thought I'd be feelin' you up in a hospital.."

Gabby tensed up a little when King winced. "You need to stop tryin' to feel me up and worry 'bout not hurtin' yourself. Geez, T." Gabby laughed a little then leaned back, out of King's grasp...for her own good! She changed the subject then. "So when they sendin' you home? Did they say?"

For her own good? Even if it was painful to be apart?! What if she wanted to keep making out.. it was for King's own good! Terry grinned and laid back against her pillows. Hand brushing against bangs before bent thumb rubbed against her eyes. She was feeling a little tired, but was still wired enough to not want to sleep. "Tomorrow.. Sometime in the mornin', probably. I'll ask Alex to bring me by some clothes so ya' don't gotta' go out.. unless you think i'd look cooler walkin' out in that bloody top I came in with?"

"I don' think there is anything at all cool about you bein' beat up, for the record." Not that she hadn't mentioned this over and over and over. "But a'ight...I will go home and clean stuff up and rearrange everything to make it less of a deathtrap for ya. You can go to sleep now. No textin' me every two minutes or I won' get nothin' done. And don' get outta bed and break somethin', ya clutz." Gabby smiled and leaned over to kiss King's forehead then stood up. "I'mma leave the brownies for ya in case ya wake up an' need a snack." Walking towards the door, Gabby looked over her shoulder and blew King a kiss. "Sleeeeep~" she sang out and then walked out the door and down the hall to the elevators.

"I'll try, but I ain't promisin' nothin'." Terry was left on her own then. The only thing keeping her company being the sound of the television playing across from the room. She'd lean back to rest her head against pillows and stare up at the ceiling, then over to the side table.. The brownie, but more importantly -- her cellphone. She'd reach out and take it. Thinking about sending Gabby a text, but maybe that wasn't the best idea. You're actin' too desperate.. She told herself. But it was hard. She wanted to tease her or something. She instead would text Alex about needing a change of clothes before dragging up blankets and trying to get comfortable. Sleep. Yes, that sounded like a good idea.

Return to “Adventures in Wonderland”