Questions Thread

Moderators: Achievements, Staff

G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Questions Thread

Post by G »

If you are unsure about some of the achievements, ask here and they will be answered ASAP.
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Duel of Swords Legend. Best In The World™.
First All Time DoS Title Holder.
Listed as "Daddy" in your daughters contacts list.
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

Regarding the IG War achievements:

1) What is the difference between the "Overall Winner"/"Winner for each sport" badges and the "I'm too Sexy for this Ring/Sport" badges?

2) Is there a pending badge for winning a swords IG match (i.e. is it just trying to figure out a good name for it?) or should that go to the suggestion box thread?

Thanks.
Rhiannon D Harker
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Rhiannon D Harker »

Three questions:

If an NPC character is brought in as a PC (given their own SN) can they claim a badge they would have earned? For instance, Rhi's daughter, Maggie, is going to be given her own SN in the near future. Can she be given the "I'm with the band, dude" badge for having been listed as a lady of honor?

Can certain achievements be given badges more than once or is it a case of one per customer? i.e. if you're an LoH more than once, hold any of the titles more than once, etc.

Are there problems with the tool again? The last things done were Lem's about a month ago( based a response post by Xeno).

Thanks!
~The definition of hero never included anything about age~
Rhiannon D. Harker
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

Rhiannon D Harker wrote:Three questions:

If an NPC character is brought in as a PC (given their own SN) can they claim a badge they would have earned? For instance, Rhi's daughter, Maggie, is going to be given her own SN in the near future. Can she be given the "I'm with the band, dude" badge for having been listed as a lady of honor?
She'd have to be a played character with her own user profile to get the badge.
Can certain achievements be given badges more than once or is it a case of one per customer? i.e. if you're an LoH more than once, hold any of the titles more than once, etc.
No, one badge per thingie.

Are there problems with the tool again? The last things done were Lem's about a month ago( based a response post by Xeno).

Thanks!
Not that I know of. Of course, I haven't precisely been checking of late cause I've had a busy couple weeks. But I could swear I did some awarding more recently than a month ago. It's possible I missed several in there. I'll double check them either tonight or tomorrow.
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Rhiannon Brock
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Rhiannon Brock »

I have a question regarding: Apt Pupil Win a title as a Squire

Since the current rules regarding Squires include the following: 3. If a Squire achieves the Warlord Rank, they lose the title of Squire. Does the winning the Talon of Redwin count toward the Apt Pupil badge?
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Post by G »

Rhiannon Brock wrote:I have a question regarding: Apt Pupil Win a title as a Squire

Since the current rules regarding Squires include the following: 3. If a Squire achieves the Warlord Rank, they lose the title of Squire. Does the winning the Talon of Redwin count toward the Apt Pupil badge?
No. When a title is referred to, it means one of the challengeable ranks like baron, opal, tower and overlord. Coincidentally, this means the easiest sport to get that badge would be DoM.
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Rhiannon Brock
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Rhiannon Brock »

G wrote:
Rhiannon Brock wrote:I have a question regarding: Apt Pupil Win a title as a Squire

No. When a title is referred to, it means one of the challengeable ranks like baron, opal, tower and overlord. Coincidentally, this means the easiest sport to get that badge would be DoM.
I didn't realize it was a cross sport thing and doesn't matter which sport that title is gained in.

However, with that rule 3 in place, Baron rank can't really be gained by a Squire without a grant or being a champion for a Renegade Baron in an Overlord challenge. Hence why I wanted the clarification on the Talon.

Thanks!
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Post by G »

Sorry about being so behind on these. I will be taking care of as many as I can tonight.
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Rhiannon Brock
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Rhiannon Brock »

I have a question regarding these achievements: Working-Class Hero, Gemcutter, and Siege Master. The requirements, respectively, are to defeat the Barons, Opals, and Keepers.

Is this a matter of defeating whoever is, say, a Keeper at the time and adding them to your list or would you need to defeat the new Keeper of a certain tower to gain the achievement? Such as: Rhi defeated Shadowlord during his tenure as Keeper of Earth. Would that still count toward the achievement or would it have to be the current keeper?
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Post by G »

If a character defeats a character holding a title(I.E. Shadowlord during Keeper of Earth) then mark that down towards the achievements. Most importantly, the dates of those wins. We can research them, that way when we see that Rhi .def. Shadow(Keeper on say, 8/10/2011) it counts towards Earth.

In other words, you don't have to defeat the Current holders of the titles at the same time. They can accumulate. So, having defeated Shadow when he was Keeper of Earth, you can mark off Earth as one you need. You won't need to defeat the next reigning keeper of Earth. Note: This only goes back as far as the Implementation of the Achievement system. Which is like, early November 2010, I believe. The same goes for Barons and Opals.
Rhiannon Brock wrote:I have a question regarding these achievements: Working-Class Hero, Gemcutter, and Siege Master. The requirements, respectively, are to defeat the Barons, Opals, and Keepers.

Is this a matter of defeating whoever is, say, a Keeper at the time and adding them to your list or would you need to defeat the new Keeper of a certain tower to gain the achievement? Such as: Rhi defeated Shadowlord during his tenure as Keeper of Earth. Would that still count toward the achievement or would it have to be the current keeper?
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Post by G »

The achievements should all currently be up to date. Only took about 2 hours to do! lol
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Rhiannon Brock
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Rhiannon Brock »

Question regarding Weighed and Measured: Pass a Test of Worthiness.
Is that only for those that actually face and defeat the Overlord's Champion?

It seems to me that it was misunderstood somewhere along the line as also being for a challenger whose champion defeated the Overlord's champion.
Nayun
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Lily of the Valley

Location: Her home or dojo, both found bordering the New Haven and Battlefield Park districts.

Post by Nayun »

Misunderstanding could come with the wording of the achievement. If it was like Least Ye Be Judged: Prevent Neo from scoring with the Meteor Shower spell and win the duel, it would be understandable.

Weighed and Measured lacks "defeat the champion and overlord". Unwritten rules / guidelines are hard to go by for new duelists.

Edit: Screwed that up. Meant to say it doesn't specifically say that the challenger has to be the one to defeat the champion to gain the achievement.
Rhiannon Brock
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Rhiannon Brock »

Nayun wrote:
Weighed and Measured lacks "defeat the champion and overlord". Unwritten rules / guidelines are hard to go by for new duelists.

Edit: Screwed that up. Meant to say it doesn't specifically say that the challenger has to be the one to defeat the champion to gain the achievement.
Ah, but if a challenger's champion defeats the Overlord's, the challenger never actually faces the ToW. According to the rules, that's the point of a champion stepping up on behalf of a challenger.

This is specifically addressed in the rules regarding Renegade Barons and the "Right of Challenge." The badge info might not say so, but the rules do.

If a Renegade Baron's champion fights the Overlord's champion in a "Right of Challenge" and:

Is successful, the Renegade shall go on to fight the Overlord.
Is defeated, the Renegade must then fight the "Test of Worthiness" as if no "Right of Challenge" had been declared.

Also:
Renegades may intervene on intercessions made by Loyal Barons OR a Challenger in a "Test of Worthiness". By doing so the Renegade must duel the appointed champion at the designated time of the challenge. If the Renegade wins then the original challenge must go forward. If the Renegade is defeated then a "Test of Worthiness" will proceed immediately. Renegades may intercede at anytime up to but not after the first round of a "Test of Worthiness" has been called.

The way that is worded, if a Renegade or their champion wins, there is no ToW, ergo it cannot be won. That is the crux of the matter.

That spurs another question, but it's a rules discussion/clarification question not one for Achievement requirements.
"The definition of hero never included anything about age." RDB
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Post by G »

Rhiannon Brock wrote:Question regarding Weighed and Measured: Pass a Test of Worthiness.
Is that only for those that actually face and defeat the Overlord's Champion?

It seems to me that it was misunderstood somewhere along the line as also being for a challenger whose champion defeated the Overlord's champion.
From the rules:
2. Has the right to select any duelist, with the exception of a Renegade Baron, as champion to test any Challenger the Overlord deems unfit to a "Test of Worthiness". This may be done only once per challenge. The selected champion may refuse.
This achievement applies if, when challenging the Overlord, the challenger faces the Overlords Champion. If the challenger defeats the Champion, the Achievement is earned even if the challenger loses to the Overlord.

It does also apply if the Challenger has a champion, and in a Champ -vs- Champ duel occurs and the Challengers Champion wins, thus clearing the way for the Challenger to face the Overlord.

Basically: If the Challenger overcomes the Overlords Champion in any way and goes on to face the Overlord, the Achievement is unlocked.

I hope that clears up any confusion, and sorry it took so long to reply to this. I must have missed it somewhere along the line.
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador

Return to “Achievement Awards”