Suggestion Box

Moderators: Achievements, Staff

Harris
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
King Of The Outback

Post by Harris »

The Champ Is Here! - Win the Warlord Tournament, Diamond Quest, and ArchMage Tournament
Harris
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
King Of The Outback

Post by Harris »

Celestial - Get to 500 wins over losses (Swords, Fists, Magic).
Harris
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
King Of The Outback

Post by Harris »

Emerald Dreams - Finish 1st in the cyclic Emerald Rankings
Race
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Race »

It's All in the Swing - Win a DoS duel with a Slash.
Harris
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
King Of The Outback

Post by Harris »

Elusive - Win a DoF match by scoring all your points with only feints and/or fancies.
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

I wasn't sure if this was better suited to a different discussion or this one. Please move it to the appropriate area if need be.

Some time ago, an addendum to the DoS rules adding the word challenge and for what title was requested for historical record keeping and ease of finding things on the boards. (I'm not asking for a rules change, that's another animal!) I have noticed that some callers have simply posted the names of the participants and the final score for challenge matches. Not listing things like Lords and Ladies of Honor, Seconds, Champions' names, Renegades using their Right of Challenge, etc. can make it hard to provide proof that people have earned things like:

"I'm with the band, dude"
"You Shall Not Pass!"
"Weighed and Measured"
"Right-Hand Man,"
"I Got Yer Back"
"Kingmaker"

Without those details in the posts, Kal, the current historian, cannot add them to histories. It might seem like an unimportant thing to some people, but it's not someone looking to claim their award. Can the officials be asked by management to please add those details for achievement and historical purposes?

Thanks!
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

PrlUnicorn wrote:I wasn't sure if this was better suited to a different discussion or this one. Please move it to the appropriate area if need be.

Some time ago, an addendum to the DoS rules adding the word challenge and for what title was requested for historical record keeping and ease of finding things on the boards. (I'm not asking for a rules change, that's another animal!) I have noticed that some callers have simply posted the names of the participants and the final score for challenge matches. Not listing things like Lords and Ladies of Honor, Seconds, Champions' names, Renegades using their Right of Challenge, etc. can make it hard to provide proof that people have earned things like:

"I'm with the band, dude"
"You Shall Not Pass!"
"Weighed and Measured"
"Right-Hand Man,"
"I Got Yer Back"
"Kingmaker"

Without those details in the posts, Kal, the current historian, cannot add them to histories. It might seem like an unimportant thing to some people, but it's not someone looking to claim their award. Can the officials be asked by management to please add those details for achievement and historical purposes?

Thanks!
Has there been a recent challenge where the testers/champions, etc. have not been listed? Whenever a test happens, I've seen all participants listed. It's possible I may have missed one, but I can't think of one right off where it hasn't happened.

There have been a great deal in the past where a caller posts something like "A defeats B, details to come later" and didn't later post the details(I've been guilty of this once or twice) but I wouldn't call it any kind of epidemic that something needs to be said. A majority of the caller posts have included all the participants that I've seen.

Ladies/Lords of Honor and Seconds don't really get put in the histories, and I don't think there's an achievement for Seconds. For LoH, usually the player either copies the caller from the room when named or pulls it from a log to place it into the achievement request. Champions involved in tests I've seen get listed in the shift report usually. That makes those easy to give achievements to, and appear in the histories.
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Duel of Swords Legend. Best In The World™.
First All Time DoS Title Holder.
Listed as "Daddy" in your daughters contacts list.
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

In answer to the question about Seconds, there is one for being a Second in an Overlord Challenge.

Right-Hand Man Serve as someone's Second in an Overlord Challenge
Sylus Kurgen
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Sylus Kurgen »

Dissin' the Night Away - Win 2 duels with a Disengage in one night.
~Wanderer of Redemption's Road~
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by Hope »

PrlUnicorn wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:00 pm Diamond in the Rough
Have the Diamond as a mentor.
Bumping this.

"Pressure makes Diamonds. What do Diamonds make?"
Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Stolen Child

Location: Can be found many places, but resides in Old Temple

Post by Bailey Raptis »

Hope wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:08 pm
PrlUnicorn wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:00 pm Diamond in the Rough
Have the Diamond as a mentor.
Bumping this.

Seconding!
Gren Blockman
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Gren Blockman »

Since we've got a "Defeat the Diamond 10 times" and "Defeat the ArchMage 10 times" Achievement,

We Are Your Overlords: Defeat the Overlord 10 times
Last edited by Gren Blockman on Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

In light of Jaycy's suggestion in IG War Event Suggestion for DoF/All Sports, can an achievement be added for winning a Swords IG match? I'd also like to suggest that it be made retroactive to the previous IG War since Swords people got shortchanged on it. Thanks!

IG: Winning Gender Badge "My gender won the Intergender Wars and all I got was this lousy badge."
IG: Overall Winner, All Three Sports Intergender Wars overall champion of all sports, male or female
IG: Winner for Each Sport, Male Men's Intergender Wars Champion of a sport
IG: Winner for Each Sport, Female Women's Intergender Wars Champion of a sport
IG: Bringin' Sexy (Out)Back Win a Fists Intergender match
IG: Sex on the Beach Win a Magic Intergender match
IG: Sex Appeal Win 15 Intergender matches in a single sport
IG: I'm Too Sexy For This Ring Overall Intergender Wars leader, male or female
IG: I'm Too Sexy for this Sport, Male Men's Intergender Wars leader of a single sport
IG: I'm Too Sexy for this Sport, Female Women's Intergender Wars leader of a single sport
Rachael Blackthorne
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
The Professor

Location: Current: Number 6 Willow Way, Canopy District, Gloaming. Former: a beach house in Arcadia.

Post by Rachael Blackthorne »

Since The Wheel will be added to the permanent rings of the Outback according to this post, I humbly suggest that the achievement for winning a duel in that ring be the following:

Round and Round: Win a fight on The Wheel
Sylista Ravenwood
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Sylista Ravenwood »

Shooting Star - Win an ART undefeated (compliments Rising Star)

Return to “Achievement Awards”