Tour de RhyDin 2007 Rule Changes

Random McChanse
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Tour de RhyDin 2007 Rule Changes

Post by Random McChanse »

LENGTH

As I said in the delay announcement, the 2007 Tour has been shortened to 6 weeks, comprising of 6 Regular stages (two in each sport), 3 Tournament stages (one in each), and 3 Brawl stages (one in each). Team stages will be integrated into the Regular stages, as explained below.

REGULAR STAGE SCORING

The scoring system to determine the rankings for the regular stages is now much simpler: if you win a duel, you gain points equal to the difference between the scores; and if you lose a duel, you lose points equal to the difference between the scores. Ties in points are broken by who has the higher number of duels; further ties will be broken by a duel between the two tied.

Because of this, bonus points for having the most duels in the stage will no longer be awarded.

Duels with non-Tour participants will only net you 1 point for a win, regardless of the score, but losing will not lose you points.

TOURNAMENT STAGES

All tournament stages will be double-elimination, unless time constraints make this impossible.

BRAWL STAGES

I will be posting a poll shortly after this to decide whether we should use the traditional knockout form of the Brawl like we did in 2006, or use a King-of-the-Hill style (like the idea I posted in the Soapbox) where people can come back in and the person who can stay in for the most rounds wins.

Regardless, the Brawls will be much more standardized, with all sports following the Magic Brawl format of last year: no knockout blows, and a 60-second submission window per round.

Furthermore, in all brawls you can now use your primary move to defend another player with a static defense (like a parry or block); when moves are resolved, any attacks on that player will match up with your defense, along with any other players who also actively defended that player, and then the player's secondary. All subsequent attacks will still automatically hit.

TOUR SCORING

Tour Points will now be awarded as follows for ALL stages:

Winner: 10
2nd segment: 7
3rd segment: 5
4th segment: 3
5th segment: 1

SP/FP/MP will now be awarded as follows:

Winner: 5
2nd segment: 4
3rd segment: 3
4th segment: 2
5th segment: 1

Furthermore, each character will be allowed one event absence per sport: they will receive points equal to placing in the 5th segment.

TEAMS

Teams still require a four-person minimum to be set up. However, new restrictions are in place; players may not play more than two characters in the Tour at one time, and those two characters may not be on the same team.

Teams will still be required to name a Champion, two Dans, and as many Kyus as they wish. A single character may only be a Champion for his/her team in a single sport. Players will score points for their team in the regular stages just like they did in last year's Team stages, except those points will now go straight into the overall Team tally. In the event stages, players will gain points for their team with each win or successful finishing blow, the point value equal to a victory over that opponent in a regular stage.

As a reminder, the point values are as follows:

Champion vs. Champion: 5 points
Champion vs. Dan: 4 points
Dan vs. Dan: 3 points
Dan vs. Kyu: 2 points
Kyu vs. Kyu: 1 point

A full updated version of the rules will be up shortly, as will a schedule and a team registration thread.

P.S. I almost forgot, since this technically isn't a rule change, but I've personally made new jerseys for this Tour, made out of an enchanted fabric that can change shape and material at will. You wait a spiky suit of armor? You got it! You want a flowing ballgown? It's there! The only thing you can't change is the color, so the jersey is recognizable for what it is.

Winners of the respective categories will receive "shiny" versions of these jerseys to permanently keep, which will have "07" inscribed somewhere on the jersey no matter what form it takes. "06" versions are being shipped to the winners of the 2006 jerseys, and should arrive in the next few days! (hint hint ;) )
Don't underestimate me, for when I'm working I'm super shiny and sit on a post.

And I walk on ceilings, so try to mess with that, fool.

Return to “Tour Archives 2007”