Athlstan Semifinals: Athlstan vs. Cassius Maximius

Moderator: Cassius Gaius Maximius

Sweet Sixteen: Athlstan vs. Cassius Maximius(Athlstan Divisional Semifinals)

Poll ended at Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:24 pm

Athlstan
47%
Cassius Maximius
53%

Total votes: 19
Cassius Gaius Maximius
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Gentleman Farmer

Athlstan Semifinals: Athlstan vs. Cassius Maximius

Post by Cassius Gaius Maximius »

Cassius Maximius was the beneficiary of the second of two tiebreakers in the second round of the All-Time Madness, and like Baphelocutis est Lathodascia, it's difficult to argue that he truly defeated his first round opponent. AJay Bird either led the Roman throughout the match or they were tied. At the eleventh hour, Cass tied the tally at 9 votes apiece: He advanced by virtue of being the higher seed. I'll be blunt: Cass got lucky. However, in his favor, it's worth noting that AJ never led him by more than a single vote. The lesson here: Diversity in your accomplishments pays off. Athlstan didn't need luck, however, to defeat Karen Wilder; he led the entire way, winning by a rough ratio of 2 votes for every one of Wilder's.

These two have never met in the challenge ring, or in TDL...and honestly, I was convinced that I would never duel the character. However, Cass did duel Athlstan in a closely fought duel during his brief return in 2007; unfortunately, I can't remember who won. Incidentially, the Cleric is one of two divisional namesakes to still be alive in the All-Time Madness.

Return to “All-Time Fantasy Madness”