71%

Total votes: 21
Cassius Gaius Maximius
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Gentleman Farmer

Gondar Semifinals: Tarl Cabot vs. Siera Redwin

Post by Cassius Gaius Maximius »

Tarl Cabot is generally renowned as one of the best tournament-format duelists in the history of both the Duel of Swords *and* the Duel of Fists, and people have remembered it in this tournament. He overcame an early deficit in the first round to defeat Condextint "Dexter" Montoya in the first round, avenging his loss of the 8th Ring to Montoya at least in the realm of imagination. He never had to repeat a comeback in the second round, as he led Max Quinlan Blue the entire way. He is 2-0 in the All-Time Madness against Atreblans(something that may be worth remembering if he winds up facing Topaz in the Gondar Divisional Finals), defeating Blue by a 2-1 margin in a duel that admittedly didn't hold as much public interest as a lot of the other second round duels, if the total vote count is any indication.

Siera Redwin has had a rough and tumble time of it in this tournament, but has come through. She barely defeated Maria Graziano--a duelist who invites comparisons to Siera--in a matchup that I said I would pay IRL money to see, and if the voting patterns could be translated into the ebb and flow of an actual challenge duel, then it wouldn't have disappointed. The second round matchup with Damien Mortis was also very competitive, if not quite as much. Mortis and Redwin were neck and neck until the last couple of days, when Siera surged ahead. As far as past interaction between Tarl Cabot and Siera Redwin...I simply do not know. Cabot has been around for three days longer than dirt, so they have to have met. However, they never met in the DoS challenge ring, and Siera was slain before TDL's inception.

Return to “All-Time Fantasy Madness”