Dalamar Semifinals: Dalamar Ar'Daumon vs. Tareth Thorn

Moderator: Cassius Gaius Maximius

Sweet Sixteen: Dalamar Ar'Daumon vs. Tareth Thorn(Dalamar Divisional Semifinals)

Poll ended at Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:55 pm

Dalamar Ar'Daumon
81%
Tareth Thorn
19%

Total votes: 21
Cassius Gaius Maximius
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Gentleman Farmer

Dalamar Semifinals: Dalamar Ar'Daumon vs. Tareth Thorn

Post by Cassius Gaius Maximius »

Dalamar and Tareth had very similar second round duels; their respective opponents(Shakira and Raiyko Hideo) both gave them a good enough fight to not be embaressed, but neither was ever in a position to win either. The margins were very similiar; indeed, if you took away a vote for Shakira and gave that vote to Dalamar, you would have the margin of victory in the Thorn-Hideo matchup.

Even though Tareth openly spoke about his ambitions to recreate Dalamar Ar'Daumon's historic 19 month first reign as Overlord(he fell short by about 18 months), there is no evidence that these two have ever dueled each other...or for that matter, even met. They do have a common link...both lost the mantle to Cletus Ganderfald. However, whereas Dalamar never defeated Cletus, Tareth actually defeated the Polarian duelist more often than not...he defeated him in Jan. 2005 to win the 1st Ring(almost a year before Cletus beat him to become Overlord for the third time), and defeated him in both the championship finals and undefeated bracket final of the Winter 2005 Warlord's Tournament.

((OOC: I'd like to apologize in advance for the brevity of this round's writeups...I had unexpectedly had relatives come into town...that, and the *brutal* winter storm that hid the Midwest this week have effectively extended the holidays for me by a week. Bottom line: I didn't have as much time.))

Return to “All-Time Fantasy Madness”