The Beltane Spell

Tales of Jaycynda Ashleana and her associates.

Moderators: PslyderFTA, Jaycy Ashleana

Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

The Beltane Spell

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

Lilli’s Dancing Lesson

It wasn’t often anymore that Jaycy wore the colorful gypsy skirts she’d once been known for. Psly’s unconscious influence had found her in jeans and a t-shirt more often than anything in recent months. However, it shouldn’t have been a surprise that she once more donned the garb of her known heritage for the evening of Lilli’s dancing lesson. A cream chemise lay under bodice and skirts meant to invoke thoughts of a living flame – bright yellows, oranges and crimson.

She meandered her way down the road, barefoot, already swaying her hips slightly in time to the beats of the drums as they echoed down the way. A few women could already be seen spinning, flashes of the bright jeweled costumes catching the light from the decorations just so. She quickened her pace, drawn like a moth to a flame. The gypsy skipped up the stairs, fiery skirts flickering about her shins, and offered a smile to those already in attendance.

She scampered toward the railing and hopped up, settling herself in the corner junction. She was content to simply watch the ladies at their dancing. She crossed her ankles, swinging her legs in time with the music. Fingers rapped lightly on the wooden railing to the beat.

A turn about brought Jaycy into Lilli’s gaze and the buxom lady greeted the much smaller one. "A sigh' fer sore eyes!” Jaycy’s retort came laughingly. “You definitely aren’t.” Her green-gold gaze travelled obviously up and down the other woman’s figure and she followed it with a roguish grin. Too late to notice, Lilli had already moved on to greet another newcomer.

She chuckled, enjoying the night and the dancing figures. She kept time with Niamh’s beats, feeling the drumbeats from head to toe. Her eyes lit with pleasure and amusement of the night, clapping softly to help keep the pace for the dancers on the carpets.

Lilli suddenly pointed toward her, trilling up toward the roof and her too-quick cousin. "Ge' tha' red haired vixen! I know she's jus' playin' possum!" Jaycy blinked, looking over, and held her palms up with a laugh. “No, no, I had a …” She paused for effect, giving a lecherous grin. “long day. I'm too tired to dance.”

Hearing Jaycy, Lilli turned to stick her tongue out and motioned towards Vorn again. "Don' worry Jayc', he's super fas', he won' be bu' a minu'e o' yer t'ime." Alenka's eyes shot to Jaycy at Lilli's shout. if Vorn didn't get down here, she would be the one to slink over and tug the red-haired beauty out into the midst of the dancers. "Y'kin ne'er be t'tired t'dance!" she laughed, swaying her way over to beckon insistently to Jaycy. "C'mon, show him up there wha' he's bein' t'lazy t'enjoy."

Jaycy leaned out over the railing to peer at Vorn, then blew him a kiss. Alenka's taunting words caught her attention next and she turned the grin on the other lady “You're almost tempting me to make you come and get me.” Her brows lifted and the grin grew wider – there may have been a challenge in her words. She slid off the railing, however, sure that once she’d been targeted she’d soon be on the carpets.

Alenka laughed uproariously at that, taking the challenge head on. She took a small run up, and leapt up over the railing and onto the porch to land neatly beside Jaycy. "Y'shoul' ne'er challenge a Garridan, swee'lin'," she grinned, taking the redhead's hand and making to spin her gently. "M'Alenka ... see tha' Lilli there? She's m'cousin. Y'ain' goin' t'win this argumen', I kin guarantee." Another cheeky grin and a wink.

"Can't be helped, I s'pose." Shaking his head, Vorn took a flying leap from the roof. He landed a few short feet from , flicking his cigarette along the way. The ale mug sat on the rooftop still, as he'd certainly need both hands for this. "Why 'ello there, m'lady." The man bowed gracefully, with a slight flourish, an almost chivalrous gesture, before offering his hands. "...shall we?"

Her eyes darted first to Alenka and then to Vorn after their simultaneous arrival, and that grin turned fire-bright, so wide and amused it was in the twirl. “Well, suddenly I seem to have two lovely choices. If this is what I gain by staying at the railing I should do that more often.” She turned to Alenka first. “Well met indeed, I'm Jaycy. You're lovely.” Then to Vorn. “And to you, well met, m'lord.” She addressed Alenka once more. “Mayhaps as he is the more reluctant I should honor him first?”

Glancing over at Vorn, Alenka snickered, leaning over to whisper in ridiculously loud theatrical fashion to Jaycy. "Aye, reckon he coul' do wi' a good ... dance," she suggested, molten brown eyes twinkling wickedly. "I hear' he hasn' had a good dance in months." She winked outrageously, and fired off a salute to Vorn. "An' now m'goin' t'ge outta th' way 'fore he slaps me," she laughed, and leapt off the porch, rolling into a cartwheel. "Don' f'rget, Lovely Jaycy, y'owe me a dance now!"

"Ohhh, I'm no lord, m'lady," Vorn's grin was utterly devious. "A scoundrel on the best o'days, I'm 'fraid..." A glance then cut to Alenka. "If by months y'mean minutes... I can't argue there!" She retorted, "Rather have folk thinkin' yer a slut, Vorn-lad?" Alenka chuckled, ducking behind Fia.

“I'll not forget.” Jaycy called after Alenka, laughingly, and she stood on tiptoes to press a kiss to Tass' cheek in greeting before he moved on. “ Heyas, love.” Her attention then turned fully to Vorn and she reached for his once-offered hands. “We shall dance. And I'm no lady, so we're even.” A breath taken, caught in the sudden whirlwind of the cousins. “And I promise I'll not take advantage of you yet. Unless you ask nicely.” Her brows lifted a moment, lips twitching.

The man could move faster than the wind itself, but with this one he would take his time. "Oh, I always ask nicely," spoken with an impish grin, "...if I have to ask."
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

Moving down the short way to the dancing carpets with Vorn, she turned to face him and began with a simple turn of her hips, feeling the rhythm within her. “Now, I haven't truly danced in years ... despite what certain ladies might believe. So be gentle, aye?” Laughter glimmered in her eyes at that request. It seemed for the moment she was choosing not to respond to his last comment about having to ask.

"Yer wish is m'command," Vorn smiled, and a hand sank to her hip before he began to guide her through slow, precise turns and spins. "An' don't ya worry, it's like ridin' a horse, it all comes back." It wasn't quite the same sort of steps as those of his gypsy cousins; his movements were otherworldly in nature, graceful as a cat in its prime, even erotic, although only ever so subtly. "The body remembers..."

She was more used to the steps of his cousins, to be fair, at least once upon a time. The fiery-themed gypsy skirts fluttered and flitted about her, echoing the fires that would be lit in a few days. However, as he was the leader she followed his steps in the dance. Her movements were indeed graceful - if a little shy to begin - and she found she was able to at least keep the pace with him. As green-gold peered up at him, her tongue slipped out to wet suddenly parched lips. “It would seem so.” She inched inward, pressing just slightly closer.

"...Just so," he smiled, and where she pressed he returned the gesture, complementing her every motion. "I think y'may have been a lil' too modest, eh?" As much as he was tempted to display his true talents, the warmth against him was much more rewarding than a few awed stares from those around them. "Y'know... y'never told me yer name," the thought suddenly interjected itself. "Nor I you... how rude o'me." Giving Jaycy's hand a soft sqeeze, he properly introduced himself. "Vorn Garridan, though th'folks at m'shows call me the Bladecatcher."

“Modest, not really.” The squeeze brought her brows up, and that impish look that had been coming occasionally resurfaced. “I did give you my name, Vorn, or at least to the lady Alenka when you were there next to me. You must have been distracted by something.” The comment was casual; of course she wasn't implying he was distracted by her. Mayhap. “And she gave me yours, when she called to you.” She paused and then finally relented. “I'm Jaycy. They call me many things; most too bad to mention here.”

"Oh, m'apologies," Vorn's lips cut into a crooked grin that sent a glimmer through his eyes. "...an' it takes quite th'lovely to distract me." As he spoke, his movements gradually gained tempo. "Hmm... Jaycy... a pretty name for a pretty lady. 'Sa shame any'd call ya otherwise. Jealous lil' harpies, perhaps?"

Bare feet stepped lightly on the carpet as she followed the pace and movements of her partner. “They're names I've usually earned and accept, honestly.” There was a mirrored gleam of amusement in her own green-gold eyes. “ Very often, jealous or not, names are earned and have some ring of truth. Do you juggle them, or more often catch when others throw?” Another shift closer, melding her lower half to his. A glance from Lilli earlier and then a comment from Alenka were missed, so focused she was on him.

So too was Vorn absorbed in the dance and conversation that even his cousins' taunts faded into so much background noise. He'd probably catch hell for it later, but for now, he wasn't too concerned. "Now y'sound like me, love." His steps slowed a little as Jaycy's body melded a bit more into his own, quite visibly pleased with the posture. "As for th'name, it came from one o'my first performances." His mind drifted into the past, one that had once haunted him, but he'd learned these days to embrace the good and leave the dark behind. "I stood cent'r stage, and they set up a firin' line. All ten threw on the count o'three, an' I caught the knives an' set them upon the floor 'round me in a circle." His hand then slipped up to part his already unbuttoned shirt to reveal the tattoo over his heart. "...just like so."

She took that as an invitation to look down his shirt and onto his chest, and it was an invitation she happily accepted. She'd been polite this entire time in not doing so before! She lingered over the sight, though, peering first at the indicated tattoo and then the other ... features. Finally she lifted her gaze, grinning slightly. “A grand thing to commemorate. And a good place to keep it, if it's a fond memory.” She paused for a moment, then added casually. “And a good place for others to view it.”

So too had Vorn been quite polite this night, but it had always been his style... despite his cousins' thoughts to the contrary. "T'this day it's m'favorite." Smiling, his hand returned to its place at Jaycy's hip, but not to rest there this time, instead he ventured to casually slip his arm around her waist. "D'ya have any of yer own? Ink, that is..."

The arm around her waist wasn’t an unwelcome gesture, it seemed, as she remained relaxed under his touch. Her free hand trailed down from his shoulder over his flesh, barely skimming him, to rest over his chest. Fingers pressed ever lightly onto the skin, curling a little. “Mm, not yet.” Ink, she meant. “I've been considering it, though. I've still to decide where I would have something done. Where would you recommend?”

"Well, th'most popular place for th'ladies seems to be the lower back..." The hand that had snaked its way around her waist slipped back a little to drift a pair of fingertips across the spot he'd spoken of. "But, I've always thought better o'the ankles an' thighs... or perhaps th'shoulder?"

Even through the chemise and bodice the touch caused a light shiver to rock through her and her eyelids fluttered closed. A soft sigh, then she returned her gaze on him. “I think I like your ideas thus far. I'd also pondered my side, trailing down. Are they painful?”
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

"Have t'go, Lilli-pad." Alenka’s steps took her sidling past Vorn and Jaycy, the latter gifted with a wide grin as the former had a hearty slap to the behind on the gypsy's way past. "G'nigh', swee' souls! Y'still owe me a dance, Jaycy!" And with a wave and a jingle of coins suddenly ... she was gone.

This time Alenka's words broke her focus on Vorn and she managed a grin for the lady before the disappearing. “Sunday,” she promised to the air, even though the gypsy had already gone.

Jaycy's shiver brought a warmth to his smile, and although he caught Alenka's exit, his flighty cousin had vanished before he could so much as wave. "'Tis a nice spot as well." That roaming hand then followed her own gesture, seeming to seek just the right place. "O'course, it all depends on what y'want as well... what's in yer heart? What do you feel identifies ya?" The depth of the question was lightened by his casual tone, but only in the slightest. "...the pain's worth it if y'find somethin' that truly defines you, and if all else fails," His smile widened into an impish, somewhat toothy grin, "jus' get really hammered."

She laughed softly at the last of his commentary, green-gold eyes gleaming, before responding to the first. “A tiger, a dragon, a snake. My partners and I; bound together. I want to honor that bond, I think.” The hint of her love and affection for her "partners" shone through her gaze. She softened, and the smile became distant, almost dreamy. Finally, though, she returned to the present and the man whose arms she was in. “I know what I want, yet not how to present it yet.”

"Hmm, partners?" A slight quirk of an eyebrow came at that. "Sounds like a story t'be told, it does." All spoken as he seemed to quite brazenly undress her with his eyes, although there was more than just lust in his gaze. Vorn seemed to be drawing the images upon her body, even as he admired it. "I'd see th'tiger here..." A single fingertip lightly traced an outline along her side where she'd indicated, from just above the hip to a spot only inches from her breast. ...a proud animal, leaping to seize its prey." Upward still he continued, to the shoulder, and down the upper arm. "...th'snake, coiled and ready to strike..." Finally, upon her back his palm would come to rest, between the shoulder blades. "...and the dragon in flight, perhaps breathing fire?" Through it all, not a step was missed; the dance had become muscle memory, and one he'd not soon forget.

The contact drew a slow intake of breath, fingertips pressing into the flesh of his chest - not quite painfully digging but the pressure and reaction was obvious. Unlike his ability to continue dancing, she almost missed a step in the touch but she managed to recover well enough. Her lips seemed to have gone dry again and she licked them to compensate. “Mmm. those are mayhaps good ideas. You've certainly made a strong argument.” Her cheeks flushed in immediate memory of his tracing over her – she’d felt it through the fabric down to her very skin. Nerves were afire at his touch. “ Are you such an artist who can do such?”

"...I most cert'nly am, love." His own touch became more solid upon its resting place in the small of her back, helping as he could to keep her steady through the faltered step. Jaycy's own hand pressed so near his heart felt the pulse beneath accelerate ever so slightly at what the man had taken, and hopefully not misinterpreted, as an offer. "An' I'd be pleased t'do it... but all things 'ave a price." Dark eyes fixed on green and gold with a gentle smile. "I'd like t'hear yer story... t'know of yer tiger, dragon, an' snake..."

“That's too long a tale for me to give now, to be honest. I need to be going home, soon.” There may or may not have been precisely an offer, but she was caught in his spell and would seek him again no matter - especially to tell the tale if he was interested.... in multiple ways. The flush on her cheeks deepened and she slowly (gently) pushed on his chest, to withdraw and detangle herself from his hold.

"Of course, m'lovely." Vorn's smile never faltered, although he could not keep the reluctant gaze at bay even as he gracefully gave in to the parting of their bodies. The hand he'd held throughout the dance, however, he raised to his lips and softly kissed before releasing her altogether. "Would y'like me t'walk ya home? I'll give y'my word to be on m'best behaviour."

:The look she gave him was truly remorseful; she wanted to accept the offer and prolong their meeting. “As much as I would love you to, so we might talk more, I don't plan to walk.” How she did plan to get home, though, she didn’t elaborate on. “Mayhap soon we can meet, for lunch or tea?” For some reason her lips twitched slightly - there may have been a private joke there. “Thank you for the most lovely evening and beginning to the celebrations, Vorn.”

Vorn gave her a knowing smile; he'd been witness to all sorts of magic and the like, so of course that would be his assumption with regard to her trip. "Anytime, m'lovely. I'll be lookin' forward to it. An' th'pleasure's all mine." His bow then was much like the one he'd made upon their introduction, only slower and almost... solemn. "Y've made this a night t'remember indeed."

Jaycy dipped her head in return to the bow, though there is that flash of "scoundrel" in her look that she graced him with after the gesture. She turned a glance around for Lilli, and flashed a smile in that direction before turning toward the door of the Inn. Up the stairs she went, bare feet quietly padding along the well-worn floor. Without pausing to see who might be actually inside, she made her way toward the basement door. She pushed that open and disappeared completely from view.
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

In the blink of an eye, Vorn had seemingly scaled the roof and returned to the ground, ale mug in hand, and a cigarette already on its way to his lips. "I'll be buggered," he muttered under his breath, as he searched his pockets for his ever-elusive lighter. "...Lilli! Lil' help maybe?" Wiggling the cigarette about in his hand, he gave his fiery cousin a pleading gaze. Hearing Vorn, the witch blinked and turned to spy her too-quick cousin. "eh?"

She nodded towards Sitalkis, agreeing with her as she moved slowly away from her draconian towards Vorn. "Wha's tha' ya' want'in' now?" "Spare me some o'yer fire, would'ya?" Popping the cigarette in his mouth, he took a few steps up hoping for a light.

"Ahhh, wha', tha' lil' bi' o' red st'eal yer thunder?" Grinning ear to little human ear, Lilliana laughed softly before she offered up a fingertip to her cousin's cigarette. It'd take a moment, but voila; a cherry would glow and smoke would curl. Removing her fingertip, she gave it a shake before turning to look over her shoulder to Lume.

"Many thanks, love." A deep draw of smoke followed, and would be released in a long sigh. "...an' yea, I'd have to say she did. Lovely, that one. Wee lil' thing, but lovely all the same." He then took a massive gulp of his ale. "Hell, I think she wa'serious about lettin' me ink 'er..."

"Oh yer welcome darlin' dear. An' no worries, tha' Jaycy's always abou', though more so abou' the rings an' the duelin' areas than here." Lilliana gave a nod to her cousin before chuckling quietly.

Taking a seat on the steps, Vorn sat quietly for a while, drinking and smoking. His pupils narrowed to pinpoints as the potent opium took effect, but few would likely notice, as he mostly stared at the ground before him or into his ale mug. It was an almost singularly rare moment; his gaze usually followed anything with two legs and a skirt, but not tonight.

He stirred enough to aid a drunken dakini, taking her within and settling her in a bed and room for the night. He returned to the porch, and his cigarette and ale. With the last puff of his cigarette, Vorn flicked it off into the street and his eyes turned back to Lilli. "Hey, Lilli... 'bout that Jaycy... Y'seem like y'knew her. Anythin' I should know?" A grin and a wink suggested he was asking for a variety of reasons, few of them what any would consider wholesome.

Pulled from her loving exchange back into a world of whimsy and mischief and tom-foolery that bordered on tom-cattery, Lilliana pulled her face from it's crook in Zayveon's chest and turned to shoot Vorn what one could only call 'the Garridan grin'. "Aye... She's a swee' lady fer all her sauce, though I think she migh' be bonded t'a few men an' women, I know they don' mind sharin' from t'ime t't'ime. St'rong woman, likes t'ge' her hands dirt'y in the duelin' rings."

"Good t'hear," Vorn smiled, and with the last gulp of his ale, stood and stretched. "Well, 'sa damn fine gatherin', love." A nod to Z'ev followed, "and nice t'see ya again, even if we didn' get a chance t'talk." He dashed in to set the empty mug on the bartop, then popped back out for just long enough to send a wave to all who remained outside. "G'night, an' take care." With that, he was gone, an only vaguely visible blur into the distance.

((Adapted from live play on April 29, 2010 in the RDI. Thanks to Vorn (Bladecatcher), Lilli (CherubicMagic), and Alenka! ))
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

May Queen’s Crowning

Bare feet touched lightly on the path as she made her way down the path to the main festival area in the Glen. Hands tangled in the light fabric of her long dress, lifting the hem just off the ground. A little smile adorned her face, her silver and red hair free-flowing and flouncing with her steps. Once at the gathering spot, she eased down into a chair off to the side, away from the crowd but still within view.

She was relatively early, and utilized her vantage point to note the later arrivals and smile at friends as they passed. Shortly, though, she found herself stealing a glance down the path of arrival. Her gaze lingered on that way for several minutes before she turned once more toward the stage and crowning area.

Vorn approached casually, a far cry from his usual blinding speed. As he made his way toward the gathering, his steps shifted in intricate patterns and his arms were a blur of precise motion. This eve, he lived up to the name he was given in his performing youth. Twenty-seven shining mithril blades of all shapes and sizes flew upward in seemingly every direction, all caught upon their return and sent back spinning above and around him. Everything from a simple bodice dagger to a huge double-bladed axe twirled and sailed at his steady command, and even as he called out, he didn't miss a single step. "Lilliana! Are y'ready for yer coronation?" He seemed quite confident at who would be crowned at the night's end.

Jaycy’s gaze grew distant as the arrivals slowed, and she allowed herself a few moments’ daydreaming. However, the loud voice pulled her from thoughts of escape and she swept green-golds over the glen in search. Her cheeks flushed lightly at the sight of him, but she turned a grin in his direction even though he wasn’t looking in her direction and likely wouldn’t notice. Slowly she tore her gaze away from the man and his flashing blades, gracing the master of ceremonies, Dris, with her attention.

"Shhh!" Lilliana hissed to her cousin and pointed with a firm stick of her tongue and finger towards the stage. "Vorn! Wai' fer all tha', ya' silly arse!" She turned her molten eyes to the stage more firmly then, moving back into the draconian's swirling touch at her lower back.

"Pah, even if y'don't win, you'll still be May Queen to me," Vorn spoke in a hushed tone, and gave Lilli a soft smile. Along the way, his eyes caught Jaycy as well, and that smile cut a little deeper into his features, its warmth spreading into his eyes. For a split second, he'd almost lost his concentration, flooded by the fond memory of last night. It wasn't enough to break the pattern, fortunately, for the huge axe was the next of the blades to be caught.

The blades plunked into the ground, one by one, forming a ring around Vorn and leaving his hands free to applaud for the ceremonies and the ladies being honored as the May Queen’s court. Throughout the furor, however, his gaze and his smile drifted back toward Jaycy, obviously quite pleased to see her here.

Jaycy stole another glance at the tall Garridan cousin, chuckling softly after the last blade met the earth. She lingered on him only for a moment, then forced herself to shift once more to the man announcing the Beltane royalty. He sent a polite wave in her direction, but it was too late; she'd already turned her attention back to center stage.

Soon, she found her eyes drawn toward the Garridans once again. She pushed to her feet after a moment’s thought and took up a bit of the gown in her hands, once more lifting the hem from the ground. Slowly she paded on bare feet toward Vorn and the rest of clan gathered. In the walk she was unable to clap as another lady was announced, but she smiled in her general direction. She came to a halt just outside the ring of blades, glancing sidelong to him and then offering Lilli and the others a smile and bob of her head in greeting. Then again she faced the stage and the ceremony.

Vorn continued his joking with Lilli and the other Garridan’s, seemingly oblivious that she was so near as crowning continued. She contented herself with quietly standing there, offering a light quip occasionally and applauding as ladies were called one by one. His excitement for his cousin grew as Niamh was announced, then Sivanna. Another round of applause, although he paused midway to whisper to Lilli, "...guess who's next, love."

"Shu' yer filthy mouth Vorn!" Though her words were harsh, there was a SHY, excited smile on her face and a flush to her cheeks as she clung to Fia all the harder. As Sal was forced up onto the stage, the pair of cousins quipped about men in dresses – including him. "Ain' happenin', love... no matter how much y'beg," he laughed, shaking his head. "Now put on yer best smile, it's time for y'to be queen."

Lilli’s naming as May Queen a moment later caused raucous applause from not only the Garridan clan, but the others gathered as well. "WOOOOOOO!!!" Vorn belted out, and slapped Lilli's arse, "...told ya, love." Jaycy chuckled softly, joining the crowd in celebrating Lilli as Queen and Zev as her Green Man.
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

She gave another whistle to salute the entire court and Lilli’s "commencement" of the party, then she stole a glance toward Vorn, offering him a little grin. “Seems you were right.”

"Of course!" He smiled. "I mean, who else could it be?" One second too late, Vorn remembered that Jaycy too had been amongst those nominated. A glance then shot to the huge axe driven into the ground nearby, wondering if it would be a sufficient enough tool with which to remove his foot from his mouth. "Um... I mean..." Flushing, he stared at the ground, feeling like an enormous ass.

She laughed, shaking her head and reaching over the blade-circle toward his arm. “No one else but your cousin; she is the perfect choice. I would have voted for her if someone hadn't honored me and I didn't want to do them a disservice by being disloyal.” That grin widened. “I'm not well known; and I prefer that in ways.”

Vorn returned Fia's wave with a smile, then returned his embarrassed attention back to Jaycy. "Still, m'aplogies. I tend t'open m'mouth first and m'brain second at times, it seems." Or third, the thought crossed his mind... but that all depended on whether or not he was wearing pants at the time. She paused a beat, tilting her head as if assessing him. “You're cute when you look sheepish. Mayhaps if you ...” She waited a beat, then continued. “Ask nicely enough, I'll let you make it up to me.” Her brows lifted and lips twitched playfully.

Suddenly a flower landed on Jaycy's head, and that brought a smile to his face. "Well, either way, looks like y've got good luck tonight." At that swift change in topic, her brows furrowed, reaching up to pluck the flower from her hand and raise it to her nose to smell the soft sweet scent. “Mmm. Indeed.”

"Well," Vorn grinned and bowed, returning to the subject at hand, "I'd be honored to, m'lovely. What d'ya have in mind?"
She caught a motion of greeting from Lilli out of the corner of her eye – she wasn’t quite as much under Vorn's spell yet (it might have been the lack of contact) - and grinned at her. “You're a wonderful queen, m'lady.” Green-golds shifted back toward Vorn as she twirled the flower's stem in her palms. “A good question, indeed. You tell me.” She paused, then clarified the rules of the challenge she’d just offered him. “But no kisses. Psly gets all my kisses this holiday.”

"What a shame," Vorn shook his head with a grin. "T'was my best offer. Now y'll have to settle for m'hands." His fingers wiggled in mock threat, his eyes full of mischief. "I'd teach y'ta juggle, but what I brought w'me isn't the greatest of learnin' implements..." Thoughtfully, he stroked his bearded chin. "I could..." Damned if he wasn't lost for words now; it seemed as if his earlier miscue had thrown him off a little more than he let on.

“How about this?” She chuckled softly. “I'll give you time to think on it. Will you still be in town tomorrow? You can tell me how at the bonfire lighting, if you wish.”

"I might jus' kiss y'then, m'lovely." A crooked smile lit up his eyes at the thought. "An' if it means I'll get t'see ya again, you can bet yer soul I'll be there."

“I might have to gut you if you try when I've said none this holiday.” Of course, the harshness of the threat (or promise) was softened by the grin and glimmer of laughter in those green-gold eyes. “I'll see you tomorrow, then, Vorn. Think well and ...” She waited a second before finishing, “hard.”

"Oh, haven' a fear, I shall think o'somethin'," Vorn's smile didn't fade in the slightest. "Be safe, m'lovely, and I'll see y'upon th'morrow." For a moment he contemplated taking her hand for a kiss, much as he'd done the night before, but surrounded by so many sharp implements that would aid Jaycy greatly in her promise, Vorn kept his hands to himself.

Even though she'd said no kisses, she impulsively lifted the hem of her skirt and carefully stepped over the blades sticking out of the ground to move closer. Onto tiptoes she went, almost a little hop, to press a kiss on his cheek. Swiftly, seeking to avoid “retaliation,” she hopped back, out of the circle and out of easy range.

A rare sight indeed, the man was practically melted on the spot. "Some'd call that cheatin'... but y'won't hear me complain," Vorn's grin turned almost sinister, but he would honor her wish and keep inside the circle. Her grin was bright at his words. “Good.” She winked and lifted a hand to blow him one more kiss, then turned. She blew a kiss to her partner, Kel, and made her way swiftly from the Glen.

As Jaycy departed, Vorn made to lie down on the grass in the circle of blades, contentedly staring up at the sky.

(( Adapted from live play, 4/30/10 in the RDI Southern Glen. Thanks to Vorn (Bladecatcher) and Lilli (CherubicMagic). ))
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

Beltane – Bonfire’s Lighting

A keen eye would have noticed dozens of flickering lights in the distance, whirling and dancing like a congregation of fireflies. As the lights grew closer, their nature was revealed - torches, too many to count, some floating and spinning freely as Vorn's hands moved in a near-invisible blur. Six more tied to each arm and wrist by leather straps of varying lengths, spiralling inward and out again while the rest were juggled in every direction imaginable. He had missed the lighting of the great fire, so he did the next best thing - brought one of his own. This was one of the most difficult feats he performed; one false move and the man would be immolated. His focus was absolute, even while he puffed on a blood-red cigarette that hung haphazardly from his lips.

She sat in the same chair as the evening previous, out of the way but still within the purview of the celebrations that had been going on. Hands settled in her lap, clasped, and her bare feet crossed at the ankles and dangled freely, the legs too short to reach the ground. Where crowning’s white dress was long and flowing, for the lighting of the bonfire she favored a short, simple, sleeveless one. A small smile warmed her expression, her green-gold eyes on the wedding ceremony of Aly and Wolvinator.

She applauded for the wedded couple at the conclusion of it, hands lifting briefly to celebrate the occasion. Not long after, however, her gaze shifted about the Glen when the pair mingled about to receive their congratulations. Fire caught her attention, of course, moving flicking light. Drawn in, she kept watch as the phenomenon came closer. Soon enough she spied the reason for the flames, and the smile deepened, shifting to a hint of a grin. Rather than say anything that might disturb or distract him, however, she kept silent.

Of course, Vorn hadn't realized he'd walked right into a wedding - at least not until he realized the spectacle before him already had the crowd's mostly undivided attention. "...well, damn." The whirling of the torches slowed as he prepared to end the routine. Of course, this too was a dangerous endeavor; ending the flame dance had actually claimed more lives than actually performing it.

She remained content to simply watch him, for the moment. She knew the dangerousness not only of the routine but also the ending of it and one false move could be disastrous. Flecks of gold in her eyes caught the light from both the bonfire and his torches and gleamed as she watched the master at his work.

A nod and a smile were cast to Queen Lilli, then to several other familiar faces. Last, but certainly not least, he spotted Jaycy and that smile widened quite contentedly. "Why 'ello, m'lovely... sorry m'late." One by one, torches were flung, high and arcing, to land atop the bonfire.

“Mayhaps you will be sorry, if I choose to add it as another thing you've to make up to me for.” She teased, raising her voice a little to carry toward the man, though not much. Ankles uncrossed and she leaned forward, pushing herself to her feet and toward the Garridan cousin. It was almost as if an invisible string tugged at her from where he stood.

The last phase was the most difficult. A dousing rag in each hand, the twelve remaining fires attached to each of his arms were caught and extinguished one by one, then the straps were released, dropping them all to the ground. "I s'pose I'll be doubly in yer debt then, shall I?" With a grin, he made an offer he hoped he wouldn't come to regret. "Then 'tis settled. Tonight, I'm yers. M'hands, m'voice, m'body... for howev'r y'see fit." Kneeling before her in a solemn gesture he spoke, "I, Vorn Garridan, do pledge m'self to ya this night, m'lovely Jaycy."

Her brows lifted high upon her forehead at that vow, and cheeks turned a bright healthy flush. She ducked her head, just a moment, and looked around. No, unfortunately there wasn't going to be much help from bystanders - he had her at a loss! Finally she looked back to him and took a deep breath. “That could be a very dangerous proposition, m'lord. “ She had remembered he said he wasn't a lord but used the formal honorific anyway in accord with the gravity of his words and the situation.

Standing slowly, dark eyes fixed on her green and gold all the way, "Danger is m'middle name, love. I have no fear."

She took an intake of breath, gazes locked and unable to look away. The flush remained, but she managed at least a semblance of an impish, dark look. “Indeed, Vorn? And what would you say if I told you I did not want you and what you offer this night?” Perhaps something about what she said may help him not take it as a true rejection; of course it wasn't meant to be that.

"Y'wound me deeply, m'lovely," Hand placed over his heart, he leaned forward, as if he'd been stricken deeply by a poisoned blade... but the posture could not hold, and he was grinning in no time... until suddenly Lilli came out of nowhere and tackled him. "Oi, shit!"

The tackle of Vorn by the May Queen made her start and jump back, laughing. Close to him, she almost fell victim by the proximity. Her eyes widened just slightly, she grinned down at the aftermath. “Evening, m'lady.” Sadly, his response and affectation were lost to her in the resulting almost-melee.

Of course, his speed could have saved him, but he'd thought Lilli to have at least some measure of tact. "Damn y'woman!" Vorn sighed as he extricated himself. Could her timing have been any worse? "Don't y'have a dragon t'be doin' that with?"

Lilliana leeeeaned in, a blush on her cheeks as she moved to tick a kiss on Jaycy with a grin, and a one armed hug to Vorn. "M'apologies! Carry'on, I don' see anyone lackin' 'nough clothes ye'." Mischief in her eyes a'plenty, of course, and pantomiming a tug on a bit of the lovely red head's hair, Lilliana was back up to her feet in no time and aiming for a chair beside Samilee. That is, if Jaycy wasn't going to be mean and give the May Queen a proper kiss instead of Vorn.

Jaycy could and indeed did give Lilli a proper kiss and not Vorn. A bit on the lighter side, though, the kiss she gave the lady. “I'll lack enough clothes in due time.” A promise she did intend to keep but out of public view it was more likely to happen. She gave a wink to the May Queen before turning again elsewhere.

Shaking his head with a deep sigh, Vorn gave Jaycy a look that pleaded for forgiveness. "...m'apologies... it seems I've lunatics for fam'ly." In reply, she offered her hand with a grin. “If you didn't have lunatics in your family I'd be afraid of you. Come keep me company for the few minutes...” A relative term, though, she had no specific time she’d meant to leave. “I remain before I go home. Tell me more stories of yourself.” She paused, then added. “Or come, let the May Queen find another way to embarrass you.”
Last edited by Jaycy Ashleana on Wed May 12, 2010 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

Taking her hand with a smile, he would of course break the first rule she’d given him the night before right away, and aimed a soft kiss for her fingertips. It was a greeting Vorn never took a lady's hand without, it seemed, but doubly so with this one. "O'course, m'lovely... although y'll find I'm more fun w'thout th'embarrassment, unless y'just wan'ta see me red o'th'face all night."

The kiss to the fingertips seemed to be quite allowed - mayhaps she meant only kisses between lips for him were forbidden. The grin, though, became cheshire at his words. “Oh, one night I'd love to see you ‘red of the face all night.’” A faint hint of feline purr to the words, and green-golds gleamed in the fire lit darkness. However, the moment was lost as she tore her gaze away from his, seekingly. “Lead on, then.”

"Oh, y'd rather not have me lead, m'lovely.. I'd take ya t'places y've never seen, and y'll never want t'leave." His eyes gleamed then in the firelight, it was quite the promise, and one he'd most certainly keep were she to continue upon this course.

His words drew her gaze once more upon him, a brow arching so slowly. Quite the promise, indeed, and by the look he may have been able to tell she was half-tempted to take him up on it! Her tongue peeked out to lick her lips and she squeezed the joined hands. “Mayhaps sooner than you'd think.” A pause, then she tilted her head inquiringly toward the bonfine. “Care to dance?” By it, she meant! “…or do you see other clansmen to greet, as I've taken up so much of your attention thus far?”

"M'clansmen will forgive me this night, m'lovely... I made ya a promise, after all..." With a spin and a flourish, Vorn gathered her closer, and indeed wouldn't wait for them to make it to the fire to start. Why waste the time walking, when they could dance their way through the crowd with all the abandon in the world? Just such would be his intent. "Tonight, I'm yours."

Soft laughter escaped at the early beginning of the dance and she matched steps with him, careful not to press too closely to his form to start with – she’d save that for when they were closer to the warmth and not moving so vigorously through the crowd. “Only tonight, hrm?” Once more there seemed to be a glimmer in the eye and a challenging lift upturn of a smirk on her lips.

This night was quite the different occasion from the night of belly dancing lessons, and so too were Vorn's choice of steps and sways. Dance was one of his most dear passions, and it showed, especially with the fixed, almost intense gaze of his eyes into Jaycy's. Still, there was plenty of room for levity, and her 'challenge' brought a sly grin. "Well, I'd say that all d'pends on how much y'want me t'morrow, doesn't it?"

Dance being as much a part of her life as breathing, at least once upon a time, she was able to at least keep up with him. The steps were slightly hesitant but not lacking in an underlying enthusiastic enjoyment. This time, even, she seemed slightly more bold in the shimmying and swaying of her hips - under one spell on Thursday she may have seemed to wish to cast her own on this night. “I'm not sure, though I might need an escort for the dance tomorrow. Psly generally avoids them, but I haven't asked yet.”

Her enthusiasm would be met with his own, and his arm ventured out to curl itself loosely around her waist. "Oh? Who's'at, if y'don't mind m'askin?" The question was asked casually; where many would be jealous or possessive, the only hint of feeling in his question was genuine curiosity.

“Psly?” She shifted in his hold, hands sliding up his arms and toward his shoulders, moving closer to press more snugly against him. “He's my mate.” There was a bit of pride in the man, love, but also something more animalistic. The one word carried the hint of willing possession by the man, of trust, respect and even submission. Green-gold eyes met dark, lit with the intensity of the emotion and the word and the fire. There wouldn't be lies or illusions about her relationship "status" even if she was in the arms of another man.

An eyebrow quirked at that, and Vorn sent a glance around the gathering. "...mmm, mate?" His steps didn't falter, but his body did stiffen slightly at the thought. "Not the jealous type, is'e?" The last thing he wanted on a night like this was an angry husband coming after him.

“If he were the jealous type I wouldn't be in your arms, imagining being in your bed.” Oh, she could be blunt, and the grin returned. That grin didn’t belie the ring of truth to the words, though. “We are mated, but we enjoy pleasure and time with others. I ask, he's never said no. In truth, I don't need to ask... I simply do because of my care for him and our relationship.” She paused, then asked oh-so-casually, “… does that ruin my chances of seeing you more unclothed than you are now?”

Jaycy's blunt honesty brought a crooked grin to Vorn's lips in an instant, and the frank declaration of her desire clearly gained her a nigh-immeasurable magnitude of respect from the man. "Oh, far from it, m'lovely. Far from it. I'd nev'r kick a lady of yer beauty, inside and out, from m'bed." To drive home his point, the arm around her waist tightened ever so slightly to meet the press of her body with his own, and the other reached up to trail a pair of fingertips along the side of her cheek.

The ever-closer hold drew her hands from his shoulders toward his neck and then arms slid up, curling around to allow fingers to tangle in the black strands of his hair. Her head, meanwhile, tipped to the side at the touch on her cheek and she allowed the softest of sighs to escape - a pleasured sigh, in fact. “No jealous loves for you either, I would hope?” She half-guessed not, given her impressions of him, but it was always better to ask.
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

Her sigh was quite the encouraging thing, and in response Vorn's fingers gently continued their exploration, crossing over the jawline and to the side of her neck. "Oh no, not me, love." Vorn chuckled slightly at even the thought of such a thing. "I'm a drift'r, nothin' more, nothin' less. If I'd ever 'ad one, she'd've long since walked on me."

“Mmm.” The purr that was hinted at earlier truly emerged - a cat under the loving touch. Hands clenched and released in the dark hair, then one moved to the nape of his neck, kneading. Yes, there were hints of claws. Perhaps the cat was more literal than figurative. “Walked on you, or mayhap walked with you.” The words were soft, distracted by the contact, eyes half-closing. By her movements, too, she tried to slow the dance to more of a light swaying as her body arched into him.

Vorn graciously, eagerly accepted every inch of skin she offered, and he too would slow his steps to match. "Perhaps," his voice was subdued, then cut off altogether as the sharp nails against his neck brought forth a sigh of his own. His own touch made its way further along her shoulder, then downward as it met the strap of her dress. In this moment, he was truly spiralling into agony, as his mind repeated to him the one rule Jaycy'd given: No kissing. Her lips were so close... so tempting... and his gaze had been drawn to them more and more every time she spoke. "Such torture, m'lovely..." Vorn whispered, bringing his own mouth closer. If he could not kiss her, he would damn sure try to tempt her to kiss him instead.

She shuddered slightly, a small whimpering sound emerging. Oh, she was tempted - though half tempted to tease as he was doing! However, she didn't give in to that particular temptation. Lips parted, her tongue peeked out to sweep very lightly over his lips and not her own. Claws pressed in to the back of the neck but not well enough to draw blood - rather just enough to hold him still during her tasting. The hand not holding him slipped down his side, claw-fingers giving the most featherlight of touches.

She withdrew her questing tongue, only long enough to whisper against his lips. “This is the third night you alone have held my attention, m'lord.” Her admission given, she once more sought to taste him without giving a kiss.

His eyes closed, but there was only so much torment Vorn could endure. His own tongue flicked out to caress Jaycy's as it trailed along his lips, and a broad smile would stretch his mouth to create a greater expanse for her to taste. Meanwhile, those ever-creeping fingertips, still following the line of her dress, turned inward along the seam across her upper chest. Those claws and the pain they brought served only to send the racing of his pulse up yet another notch. Despite his verbose nature, here in this woman's embrace, Vorn was rendered speechless. It was of little consequence, however, as he knew few words that could truly describe the desire that consumed his thoughts and burned through his veins. It seemed the 'spell' was quite mutual.

The once-whimper escalated to a full moan at his "retaliation." He had truly caught her by surprise. She almost* gave in to temptation; the sudden thrust inward hinted at that. But, no, she manageed. Instead hands withdrew from his neck and she wiggled from his embrace, trusting him not to cling tightly and prevent the escape. Doing so would reward him, honestly, by the revelation of her body. Hands reached for the lower hem of her already short white dress and cross, pulling up swiftly. Her bare form, crossed with blade scars and lash marks, was revealed. Perhaps seen too was the very small brand on her inner thigh, or perhaps not. The dress she tossed in Vorn's direction without a word, breath coming in almost more shallow pants.

Vorn's eyes widened in stark shock, and his jaw dropped such that it seemed to have detached itself from his head. "...Jaycy..." He mouthed, but there was no sound. The man was torn in half on the spot. Part of him truly admired the beauty before him, his gaze practically ravishing her body, imagining in vivid detail the feel and the taste of every inch of her skin. The other, however, was overcome with sadness at the marks that he painfully interpreted as evidence of a brutal, horrid past, and almost blinding rage at the thought of what monster would commit such horrible acts to a treasure such as she.

She seemed utterly unconcerned about the marks, nor ashamed. In fact, she gave just a little shake of her head and sought to turn him from those more sad thoughts to the first inclinations by giving him a naughty little smirk. “Good evening, Vorn. Until tomorrow.” She came no closer, and instead turned to walk for the path leading away with a feline grace and a little sway to those hips. Lilli, the Queen, got one last blown kiss on her way.

"...by th'nine... yer a cruel, cruel woman." This time, he was truly wounded, staring after her with the expression of a man who'd just been impaled, bleeding to death on the spot. Vorn's speed brought him back around in front of her as she walked away, in the blink of an eye. "...Tell me... Tell me I'll see you again..."

She came to a halt just shy of him, laughter still held in her eyes. She had a feeling he might do that so she was moving a bit slower to prevent running into him. Her head tilted, and she offered him quite the innocent "I didn't just do that to you" smile. “Oh, I'll be at the ball tomorrow. If you decide to come around, you'll see me.” Her head straightened, brows rising. Oh, did he mean something else?
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

For the longest moment, he just stared into Jaycy's eyes in an attempt to piece together what had just happened. The shock hadn't faded in the least, and his words were pieced together as if he was just learning how to speak. "...I shall be there... m'lovely... cruel... woman..." he whispered. Truth be told, he wasn't even certain why he'd chased her, only that he wanted her more than he'd wanted anything in quite a long time. "...even if ...just t'see how many more bloody daggers y'carry in yer heart." Had she paid very close attention, she may have even caught the slight tremble of his hands before he folded them behind his back, clenching to one another.

“Only as many as you want me to have.” She answered, with a lazy, sensual glance. Green-gold eyes caught the light last one time, flecks within shining with the mirrored desire. The smirk faded, slowly, replaced by a straight, wanting expression. Those are all the words she gave - but words enough to prove he'd affected her too - before stepping to his side and moving down the path away.

Vorn stood in silence, drawing out one of those opium cigarettes... then a second... and lit them both at once. He made his way toward the fire with slow, staggered steps, every other breath expelling a thick cloud of white smoke. He was still speechless.

Watching the barrister slip off, the May Queen found herself grinning like an idiot, if only because... well. It was nice to be liked. It was a baseline fact of human nature. Proud and glowing with it, Lilliana turned and spied a lone figure by the bulk of the blazing fire. It was a dark lank of hair, slim shoulders, and was puffing away on something that smelled delicious; oh yeah, it was Vorn. She moved over towards him, her hand light in the small of his back with gentle fingertips. "Merry Belt'ane, cousin." Came her sweet croon. He'd yet to get a kiss to, so she moved in for it, cigarettes or no; he had time to get away obviously.

Vorn was silent, staring off into the fire throughout Lilli's touch and her kiss and another long moment still. "...did you see...?" When the words finally came, they were little more than a whisper.

"I did... I didn' think a woman's body could t'ouch ya' so sharply, cousin." She crooned softly, almost too-gently. Lilliana could feel his discontent, and obviously, began to realize she'd missed a big part of his evening... Or at least the words that'd turned it so painful. For a moment she felt bad, then again, she'd had a rollercoaster evening of her own. Instead she just stood there for him and set her head to his shoulder.

"...There's something... different about her." Vorn sighed, still staring into the fire, still drawing in smoke with every other breath as if it were a lifeline. "...she hurt me... and... I think I liked it." The man didn't even know if he was making sense, but he could think of no better way to explain. Curling an arm around Lilli's shoulders, he made to sit, and bring her with him.

Lilliana would have sat with her cousin, and she would have enjoyed the moment of Garridan bonding.... but there was a lovely mane of hair sprawled on the grass nearby she hadn't noticed before. Squinting her eyes, curious, Lilliana realized in a horrified moment it was Shylah. Nudging her cousin, she murmured gently and snuck another sweet kiss to his cheek. "Yer a fool, bu' do me a favor an' help me rescue a lady tha's no' goin' t't'ear yer hear' asunder, eh?" She motioned towards the norsk damsel who'd no doubt imbibed too much good drink.

"Y'tellin' me y'can't handle one drunken girl? Pshhh... what kinda Queen are ya, then?" Vorn truly tried to conjure some measure of mirth into his tone, but failed.

"Yer' a rott'en shi', Vorn, I'll tell ya' tha'." Laughing, she shoved at her too-quick cousin and moved up to her feet all in one swift motion. The casual onlooker could say, really, she was using him for a push up. Snickering, the gypsy witch moved over towards Shylah and began murmuring a soft, undertone-d sort of spell. Fingertips fanned, glowed, and hovered above the Norsk lovely. Look once, look twice; then look again. Poof, without the smoke of course, and Shylah was gone.

"...thanks, cousin..." Venom dripped from his words as he flicked the cigarette butts into the fire.

"Yer welcome darlin'..." Should anyone ask the May Queen where she sent one of her fellow nominees, Lilliana would tell them she was safely nestled in her caravan with a carefully written note stating what had happened for when the captian woke. A glass of water and a bottle of willowbark powder none too far away. Moving back towards her cousin, the fiery buxom shifted to push the edge of her gown beneath her rump and plunked down beside him.

"Ya' mock me fer findin' a man... an' then go an' have yer hear' plucked up no' five days hence o' bein' here." Whispering almost as if it were some great conspiracy, Lilliana giggled quietly and made to tickle the too-quick Garridan's sides. "Well... No' a man." She added with an almost dreamy quality to her voice, as if she didn't quite yet believe she had... Well. A someone. An anyone. It was really why all the family fussed over Lilliana's ties since they'd come to Rhydin; the gypsy witch's heart was notoriously hard to capture. Spying a form in the distance, and realizing it'd been there all the while for quite some time, the May Queen blinked and waved over towards *Grem, almost beckoning, her smile sweet.

It was a good time not to be ticklish, truly, as Vorn had no intention of using his speed to escape Lilli's attempts. "Oh, no. 'S not that grand a thing... we've just met two days ago." Then again, he wasn't entirely sure. The only thing he was certain of was an immense wave of desire as his mind's eye painted the image of her bare body in the firelight.
Last edited by Jaycy Ashleana on Wed May 12, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

"Mm... Well, i' all sor' o' happened fer m'self an' Zayveon w' nothin' more than lil' int'erludes. Nothin' want'on a' firs', mind ya', I didn' bed hop a' all the minut'e I go' here unlike some." She trailed off, teasing him gently before she sent a fierce, two fingered whistle over towards the waving stranger; well, stranger because she couldn't quite make him out. Hadn't she met Grem once or twice in passing? Possibly. "Oi! Fire's warmer o'er here, no need t'linger like tha'!" Laughing softly she turned back to Vorn and began rolling up the hem of her gown to display her leg from hip to lower thigh; well, damn near knee too. No worries, she didn't flash Riley or Danny, she kept her goodies away, it was the leg and the tattoo she was showing. "See?"

"Ahh, evenin' ya' t'wo... Sneak off fer a bi', did ya'?" Teasing gently. Oh hell, she'd show them too! "Jus' showin' m'cousin the tatt'o I go' a while back." Obviously, all in the immediate viscinity of the witch would see her flashing that healthy bit of leg with the ink on it.

Vorn examined the tattoo with a critical eye while his cousin and the others discussed such works, and smiled softly. He was a tattoo artist himself, after all. "Quite nice ink, love." Back to the subject at hand, however, he shook his head. "But no... I wouldn' say th'love bug's got me... but I'll say this - she's a special one, an' I'd love nothin' more to take 'er to a pretty spot under th'stars and shake th'earth with 'er for a night or five."

"I just... did y'see all the scars? She's been through hell..." He shook his head with a deep sigh. "I want'a take 'er like a peasant takes a princess. Take my sweet time and adore ev'ry inch of 'er."

"Mm... Magic works in myst'erious ways... E'er do i' w' a silver needle?" This was just in idle passing to Riley as she voiced her origins aloud for the first time. Silver, she knew, could hurt some like hell. Turning to her cousin, Lilliana moved and plucked a small present from Samiless still tucked behind an ear. Delicious, freshly wrapped, home grown, and the product of a Promethean's touched. Oh yeah, Vorn's red cigarettes beware. This she lit and offered to her cousin... Not without first taking a drag though.

"Odd... Somet'imes I feel the same abou' Z'ev. He's leagues o' wealth, power, an' years above an b'yond our clan. Somet'imes he looks like a king. I'll spend hours jus' pourin' o'er him like a priest'ess t'her life long worshipped god." Oh yeah, smoke was already hitting her head; her smile was lazy as she turned to Riley and Danny with a grin. "Mine didn' hur' a' all.... Tha' damn draco numbed me w' magic in every brush o' his fingers b'fore he t'ouched the needle t'me skin. T'ook me a while t'figure wha' he was doin', though". Lilliana sounded almost sad she'd not had to bear the pain.

Joining the conversation at hand Vorn added, "Most o'mine I did m'self... thats' why y'll notice, the ones on m'chest are better an' more detailed than those on th'back." It could be confirmed easily enough in the firelight; he'd not worn a shirt that night since it was a hindrance and risk to do so when performing the flame dance. "Still, 'e was damn good... just didn't quite have my hands."

Giggling quietly at Riley and Daniel as they said their goodbyes and implied plans for the rest of the evening, she nudged her cousin to hand him Samilee's delicious home rolled smoke. With a quirk of an eybrow, he took the offered cigarette to his lips, and after a deep breath of smoke, his curiosity kicked in. "Hmm, wha's this? 's nice."

"S'nice 'cause i's from Sami... go' herbs here in this realm ya' wouldn' b'lieve." Chuckling, she patted her cousins back and moved to rise. The world might have spun for a moment, but she was good in a second, and turned to look allll the way over towards the city. Oh the manor was so far away, maybe she'd bunk with Shylah for the night. "Vorn... walk w'me. Yer May Queen's sleepy an' I think ya' are t'oo."

"Sleepy? not even," Shaking his head, Vorn sighed heavily, but stood regardless, offering Lilli a hand in the process. "Hell, I'll be lucky t'sleep at all t'night."

Lilliana didn't so much cling to her cousin as lean a bit. She was tired, tipsy, and just the right degree of high on several things, though mostly life, as corny as it sounded. She turned to tuck her chin on Vorn's shoulder, mumbling quietly as she gave his side a point with one hand while her other gestured towards her caravan since she hadn't to foggiest what kind of 'business' Z'ev had been doing this evening. Plus, Shylah was sleeping in her wagon, poor woman. "Shoosh, st'op bein' a fool."

"I know tha' woman t'an ext'en', an' she's a lovely thing fer all her sharp edges... Ya' will see. Her men an' womenfolk are nice t'oo." Hinting, she knew, of course, about Psly and the others.

"Oh, I've no doubt," Vorn nodded. "I like 'er... I really do. She just shook me up like a martini an' left me on th'bar, so t'speak." Another soft sigh followed. "I just don't know if I could handle 'nother night like this... she got me good."

"I'll be thinkin' of 'er all night, I know that much." With that, he gave Lilli a slight nudge to start their walk back to the wagons. "But anyway, le's get y'home, Your Highness. Y'got a big day t'morrow."

"Mm... T'oo bad, suck i' up, ya' damn soft'ie." Giggling, and half drown in the good cheer and drink of her night, Lilliana disappeared with her cousin into the night. Over hill and dale, over part and pale, into the night they went, leaning back and forth and talking of... Well. Life.

(( Adapted from live play, 5/1/10 in the Southern Glen. Thanks Vorn (Bladecatcher) and Lilli (CherubicMagic)! ))
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

The Masquerade

Slow, light steps took her toward the doors of the Great Hall. Her hands were clasped (primly, even) at her waist in front of her, dark green shawl draped loosely over her forearms. Tell-tale green-gold eyes peered through the simple white mask, chin tilted slightly upward to showcase the line of her neck, and silver-streaked red hair flowed down her back. A slight smile was on her face and she moved in, pausing just long enough to peer around before continuing to a seat.

Her gaze flitted over the various attendees and decorations, lips curved upward in pleasure at the sights. She bowed her head in the direction of the May Queen, a greeting for the belle of the ball. Not a greeting she expected caught, of course, but a gesture of courtesy nonetheless.

And caught she was-how could Lilliana, noisy Niamh or no, not spy Jaycy? After the wreck the woman had left of her too-quick cousin. Well... Let's just say the gypsy's respect for her went up two fold. "Evenin' darlin'... I'd know tha' red ruby hair anywhere." She crooned sweetly and returned the head bow with one of her own.

Vorn stepped in casually, abandoning his usual theatrics. After all, it could be dangerous to go juggling sharp objects, or even worse, fire in the Great Hall. A smile lit up his face and eyes as he eyed the crowd, obviously pleased with the turnout. Tonight, he was dressed as a Musketeer, complete with an ornate rapier that was no simple costume piece - that part of the ensemble would remain in its scabbard... even if others would not, if the night went as he hoped.

“Just as I'd know that lovely form anywhere.” Jaycy retorted, the hint of a grin flickering across her face in the quip. After that, though, she moved her attention on, slowly assessing the others already arrived. Both the gowns, the garb, and the persons within them. How many could she recognize? She took a moment to smooth down the dark green folds of her full gown, fingertips brushing very lightly over the silver ornamentation. For the moment she seemed content to watch, and listen. Every so often, though, she glanced for the doors.

As he picked his way through the crowd, occasionally shifting about in a blur to avoid bumping into folks, Vorn's eyes drifted about, picking out what familiar faces he could. It was a game of sorts that he played; the object was to identify those who he'd seen on the nights previous. In particular, he seemed to hone in on the ladies, particularly the shorter ones. He was looking for someone, that much was certain. A wave was sent to the May Queen along the way; of all those gathered would most likely recognize him immediately. Vorn wore no mask.

Out of the way and off her feet, seated, the lack of height may have been slightly less noticable - and of course more of a challenge to find among the mingling crowd. It hindered her search, as well, for searching she was (even if lazily), and she failed to notice the unmasked musketeer.

Vorn quirked an eyebrow toward the lady gracefully passing him a token of the evening, even as he tried to guess her identity. Was she the one from the kissing booth? He couldn't be quite sure. "Ah, m'thanks, love." A pause followed, as he examined the object. "Hmm, what is it?"

"'tis lovely, just as its bearer," He bowed gracefully after hearing her response, and fixed the branch upon his tunic, where he would wear it in place of a boutonniere. With a smile, he asked quietly, "Hmm... 'ave ya by any chance seen a lil' fire-haired lady? She's got some elf in'er from th'ears, and she's 'bout yea tall" He held a hand up at about chin level, far shorter than either of them.

She softly crooned to the tune, wordless but in time with the music. She continued to peer about, smiling in hello to Rekah, one she could recognize by her eclectic style (even if the girl wasn't paying attention). It may be the hat, or the abundance of clothing, but she still failed to note him.

"Well, thank y'nonetheless," With a smile, he parted ways with the doctor and resumed his search. Drifting throughout the crowd, eyes swiveling this way and that, he had begun to wonder if she had even showed up. "...damn," he muttered under his breath, then drew out one of those blood red cigarettes and made off toward the back door to smoke. She wouldn' 'ave pulled sucha stunt last night an' not even showed... would she?

Her gaze paused on Lilli again, and her Green Man. The pair distracted in one another, she continued on. Finally, she took to her feet, brushing hands over the lush green of her skirt. Slowly her green-golds turned toward the food, pausing on the way here and there as she took in each attendee.

Turning back to give the room one more sweeping glance before he stepped outside, Vorn caught a familiar glimpse. Red hair... with silver streaks. Cigarette still hanging from his mouth, blinding speed carried him through the crowded room. He was careful not to crash into anyone, but only just so; several folks would most likely feel the wind generated in his wake almost too close for comfort. From behind, a light fingertip would tap Jaycy's shoulder. "'ello, m'lovely."
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

Either the wind that passed by even her that gave him away, or the voice, she was able to not turn with a weapon in her hand and strike out. But only just. A look of relief was plain on her features - he came! - a look he couldn’t quite see with her back turned to him. She schooled her features into a coy smile (with just a hint of sauce) before taking slow steps to turn around. “Ah, Vorn.” The woman bowed her head, not quite a curtsy but a gentile maneuver. “Good evenin', m'lord.” She peeked up through her lashes.

"M'apologies... didn't mean t'interrupt, love." Vorn crossed his arms with a smile, quite pleased now that he had found her. "Did y'miss me?"

“Aye, indeed I did.” The seemingly shy tone of voice accompanied the demure look to perfection. Of course the demure look was almost ruined by the mischievous gleam in those eyes behind the white mask. “And you, me? Were you truly mine last evening?” Apparently she couldn’t play the maiden too long; she couldn't resist turning his words from the night previous back on him. There was no malice, however, meant at all in the question.

"More than y'know, m'lovely." His smile was a sight to behold. "Y'got me but good." Boldly, his hand reached up to touch her face, along the outline of the mask. "Would y'have me again t'night?"

Jaycy gave a soft gasp at the sudden touch, surprised by the forward move so soon in their company. She turned her head, pulling back just enough to break contact between fingers and face and then press lips toward those tips so recently against her skin. Simultaneously, her hands reached out of their own volition, aimed toward his sides. She didn't take a step in, though. “Tonight is still the Beltane celebration.” She pointed out, so softly. Her eyes, though, said she knew tomorrow was not.

Vorn took the step that she would not, every bit of him utterly pleased at the reception. "I haven't kiss'd ya, love." His reminder came in a soft tone to match her own, although in his eyes, a single word may as well have been shouted from the rooftops: Yet.

A soft flush bloomed on her cheeks - her words may have given the direction of her thoughts away! She ducked her head, just for a moment, then boldly pressed her body against his - chest to hip, molding against him. A hand reached up, to brush the backs of fingers over his bare cheek. “No, you haven't.” A slight undertone of regret at that, though it was her own rules he was playing by. “Are you hungry?” ::She didn't seem to turn away to exactly indicate the food on offer, though. But the moment ended up broken and she pulled back from Vorn violently at Lilli's shout, gaze darting that way.

Exasperated, Vorn swore through clenched teeth, "By th'f'ckin nine!" He'd already started to lose himself in Jaycy's eyes and embrace, so now he was reduced to looking about in confusion, having no idea whatsoever as to what had happened.

Even though she had pulled away, her hand inched out seekingly, blindly, for his. Her own brows furrowed in confusion as she looked around, finally settling on Lilli. “Should we go help her?” The words "or stay out of the way" were left unspoken, hanging between them.

A blur of a hand took Jaycy's and held reassuringly. Vorn wanted to help somehow; it was his nature, but he knew there was little he could do. "Are y'a healer, love? If not, 'tis best we stay out o'th'way and leave it to those who can help 'er." His voice seemed distant, however, as conflicting emotion tore into him deeply. He wanted more than anything to take this beauty to a safe, quiet place and turn her world upside down... and he hated himself for thinking this while someone had been hurt.

“No, not a healer. Though I'm sure Collie - who is - is here.” She turned her gaze up and over toward him, peeking at his face. “Are you hungry?” The question was repeated, though this time her free hand swept toward the food. The mood changed, subtly, and she didn't seem quite ready to try and recapture the heady sensation of being lost in him.

For once that weekend she'd taken note of her surroundings - and the other people - and tilted her head in spying someone seeming to have an interest in her? Behind the mask, her brows furrowed once more. She'd wait until he said something, though, so she simply watched the man approach. At his arrival, he gave a murmured question. The hand clutching Vorn's squeezed just a little tighter at the words from the man (who by voice she could identify as Darien), her head tilted slightly to the side to better hear. She paused a moment, then murmured just as quietly as him.

"I've... lost m'appetite, love." His eyes sank to the floor, then drifted toward Darien as he began his whispering, but paid little heed to the man. As Jaycy whispered back, however, he quirked an eyebrow. "D'you need to talk to this one in private?"
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

“No, no.” That to Vorn, swiftly, and she pulled him closer to her side with their joined hands. A glance toward Darien, chuckling softly. Identified and spotted with Vorn; at least it wasn't Emmett Bane who was asking. “Aye, and thank you.” She bobbed her head in gratitude for the compliment he offered. “You look handsome as well.” The comment was a bit more on the polite side, but still rung true.

He relented gracefully as Jaycy drew him nearer, and his eyes followed the reporter for a moment before dismissing him altogether. The beauty next to him had his undivided attention once more. "What was tha'all about?"

A kiss from the reporter landed; she even tilted her cheek up to make it all the easier. A smile after him, then she turned to fully face Vorn once more. “Oh, he was asking for a comment on tonight.” She paused and then shifted subjects, mustering up a too-bright smile. “Lost your appetite? Mmm.” An understanding tone. “Mayhaps we can best serve the celebrations by moving on and remembering to enjoy ourselves. With no appetite, how can we do that?” She injected that teasing tone she used so often.

The swift change of subject only drew out his curiosity, and a slick grin as well. "Hm, what di'ya tell 'im?" His hand returned the gentle squeeze she'd graced him with before, and his eyes looked deeply into the holes in her mask.

“That I was so lost in you that I had no idea what was happening and I cursed him for ruining my time with you.” It wasn’t quite what she said, but the look in her eyes through that white mask dared him to challenge her on that.

"Yer a splendid liar, m'lovely," Vorn snickered, shaking his head. "Such a shame th'night turned t'such a mess, no?" His free hand was reaching out to settle itself on her waist, but halted for a moment as he caught sight of what had become of the floor. His cousin had been up to no good... or perhaps too much of it? Vines and shrubs and blooms of this and that had popped up all over, one in particular catching his eye. Don't ask how he did it, but without his hand ever leaving hers, after a blur of motion the other produced a single red rose, and gently touched its petals to Jaycy's lips. "...but perhaps we can still make it one t'remember?"

A hiss of breath inward, surprise making her green-gold eyes wide and round. Even knowing of his speed she was caught off guard by the gesture. The tips of the roses's petals shivered, so faintly, as she breathed out her words. “One to remember, indeed. And not a mess, in the least.” She was oblivious to all else, it seemed, but the man directly in front of her. She reached up with her free hand to take his wrist and move it out of the path she seeks. Onto tiptoes, she pushed up toward him, lips parting just slightly. Finally she sought to grace him with a reward for his patience, a kiss. A sweet kiss, with that hint of hestitant innocence that most first kisses seem to have. However, this kiss also contained the pent-up fire, stoked through this long weekend of celebration.

Vorn's eyes widened in surprise, but only for the briefest moment before he drew Jaycy into his arms. Restraint was thrown completely out the window, and while the press of his lips was still somewhat gentle, the deep, burning hunger behind it could not be denied. He'd not lost his appetite after all; far from it. A hand drifted upward to bury his fingers in her hair, almost dislodging her mask along the way in its abandon. He had imagined this ever since the first time he laid eyes on her.

Her back arched up and toward him and her head tilted back, both into the hand in her hair and to provide an easier angle to continue and even deepen the kiss. The hand holding his wrist clenched, just a moment before releasing contact and lifting upward, her other arm echoing the movement and curling around his neck to hold him down and keep the kiss. A deep-seated moan rose the waves of his desire swept outward and over her.

It was all he could do not to carry her away from here. Vorn's body seemingly melted against her, meeting every arc and curl, but most of all kept the ever-intensifying press of his lips against hers. Tasting, caressing, the kiss was an almost invasive thing, encouraged further by her every move. A low hum of bliss from his throat would be felt through their connected mouths, and the hand that held the rose moved to let the petals drift along the skin of her back not covered by the ballgown.

In the end, though, a kiss is all she would grant him the final evening of Beltane and so she forced herself to break it. She tried to be gentle in the withdrawal, but moved a little too swiftly to prevent herself from losing so much of herself she would never return. Gaze hooded, breath coming in shallow pants, body shivering lightly under the rose's touch and in his arms, she gazed up at him, licking those lips that had so recently been ... plundered ... by him. “Oh, Vorn.” An hint of a murmur.
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

Dazed, Vorn's eyes opened slowly before leveling a deep stare into her own. He didn't even need to speak to convey the whirlwind of emotion that had consumed him. Pure, distilled euphoria in the wake of her kiss, a deep melancholy that it had to end, and a swirling vortex of confusion at the sudden nature of her withdrawal. His hand slid from the depths of her hair to rest upon her side as words finally availed themselves to him, if for no other reason than a vague, undefined need to break the silence. "...y'broke yer rule, m'lovely..." Even the casual observer could realize he was shaken to the core, and that alone was enough to have the man completely off-balance. This was very unfamiliar territory.

“The weekend is over.” By time, at least. And even though she tried she couldn't tease him with those words, it just came out as a serious whisper. “I need to go.” And now. She trembled against him. The spell of Beltane truly grown within her, the woman captive to it even as she fought it for one last night. “How do I find you, tomorrow?” For what, though? The ink she'd claimed to want? Another kiss? More? She couldn't say - or mayhaps she didn't know herself yet.

The color drained from Vorn's face, and his eyes widened. Twice in as many nights, this woman had taken him so high only to drop him onto a bed of nails. "...I do not know, m'lovely." His gaze sank to the floor. "Where would y'want me? ...and why?"

She had to think a moment. The asking of his location tomorrow was impulsive and she didn't really know why at first. There were those few reasons, but finally she settled on the overriding need she felt and said it honestly, without any hint of shyness or hesitance or regret. “I want to be in your bed, in your arms, with you.” The words themselves may have been potentially ambiguous because of the location, the meaning she tried to convey explicitly in her look and the press of her body against him. “I'm not being cruel, or teasing you. I want you.” Green-gold eyes asked him to believe her; short of begging him to do so. “I cannot tonight, however.”

He wanted to believe her. Moreover, he wanted her... "...what will y'do t'me t'morrow, m'lovely..." He struggled with every word, to hold back the venomous spite that writhed and thrashed within him, desperate to strike. "...'tis one thing t'go slow, t'take yer time... But twice now y've taken me faster than m'sprint across th'lake from the teeth o'a shark, only t'drop me in its jaws..." his tone was hushed, but level, his eyes boring into her pleading gaze. "If y'want me, y'shall 'ave me. If y'don't... let loose yer claws, and release me."

With those words she may have known exactly on what dangerous ground she was treading on and it was time for another moment of blunt honesty. A glance around, a very swift glance, and then she leaned up (even so pressed against him) to allow for him to hear her mutterings without the rest of the hall finding them. “I want to hear you cry my name while you’re inside me. I want to see if you can make me scream yours. I want you to make love to me. I want you to **** me.” Her last words implied she wanted the fire as well as the feathers.

The color returned quickly to his face, perhaps a little too much of it, and once again Vorn was visibly shaken. Blood thundered through his ears and the hand that rested on Jaycy's waist now clenched a fistful of her dress. It almost seemed as if he meant to tear it from her body, but his restraint still held somehow as he whispered heavily. "Then why d'ya toy wi'me so?"

A hissed breath, and eyes fluttered closed. For just a moment her head dipped back, but she shifted her hips against him, a subtle movement. “I told you. I belong to Psly alone this holiday.” Not in so many words, she hadn't said it, but she did specifically tell him her kisses were for her mate alone for the duration of the festival. Even if she'd in ways broken it. And admittedly, there was an echo of regret for that promise, but not enough regret to go back on it and flee with Vorn that eve.

The intensity of his stare faded somewhat. This night had been slow, sinister torture, but still he understood that she could not break her word. "...when y'want me, y'shall find me," his words came with a deep sigh, and his best efforts couldn't even begin to mask the dire longing. There was also a warning there, and although it would go unspoken, it could not be clearer - torment me again, and it shall be the last time you find me.

“Noon,” came the immediate reply, shaky. She met his gaze without fear, though. The torment had been mutual, she just hadn't said it. She'd been able to flee. “I need to go.” Repeating her words, she tried to gently withdraw from his hold.

"...good night, m'lovely." Vorn released her from his grasp, but his eyes followed her every move until she was gone.

There was no impulsive kiss before leaving. She turned and scurried toward the door, short of outright flight.

Conflicted, torn between anxious desire and heavy doubt, Vorn stalked off into the night without so much as a word.

(( Adapted from live play, 5/2/10 in the RDI. Thanks to Lilli (CherubicMagic) and Vorn (Bladecatcher)! ))

Return to “Eye of the Tyger”