Peace Offering.

Tales of Jaycynda Ashleana and her associates.

Moderators: PslyderFTA, Jaycy Ashleana

Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Peace Offering.

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

“What did you do to her?”

The gypsy spoke up as soon as the dragon-man landed. She leaned against the wooden door, arms folded across her chest. The hem of her gypsy skirts ruffled as she shifted the weight from one leg to another, a brown bomber jacket zipped almost to her neck covering her upper body. “Tah who?” he asked, moving toward his home and the frowning woman waiting for him. The relaxed smile faded as he approached.

“Teagan.”

She shared the images with him from the night before, memories of Teag’s confrontation. Well, really, Teag and Sin – they had both sought her out at the same moment. She’d asked them both to make it quick, she had a date. The blonde was blocking her from leaving, standing between her and the door.

Teagan pounced on that. “Aye, a date with…?” Jaycy pretended to ponder a moment before answering. She stated, with only a hint of sarcasm that she was seeing Dris and Ica the next day while Psly was that evening. The blonde huffed and crossed her arms. “I am very thankful I do not have your standards. Did he trick you as well?”

Jaycy frowned at her remarks, responding that she had no idea what the woman was talking about. In reality, she’d forgotten about the beginnings of a bet the pair had made earlier. As Teagan stood there, she remembered the bet, sighing inwardly. What the hell had Psly done to make Teag so mad? “I’ll talk to him,” she finally said.

“Don’t bother,” Teag snapped back. “I clearly do not deserve that small amount of respect from him, I would prefer not to associate myself with that company anymore.” Jaycy sighed and nodded. Apparently, she thought, she wouldn’t be spending so much time with the blonde anymore. “I’m sorry it happened, hon,” she finally offered.

Teag glared at her, locking blue with green-gold. “Don’t be surprised if you get a letter from me.” Their arms brushed as the blonde pushed past Jaycy and went back downstairs to rejoin the others. Jaycy sighed once more. “Alright.” She turned and went to deal with Sin.

“Le's go on in, a'ight?” He offered, swiftly unlocking the door and pushing it open. He raised a hand toward her back to gently guide her inside. She complied, unzipping and shrugging off the jacket as she stepped over the threshold. Underneath were the usual bodice and chemise, brown and ivory. She dropped the jacket onto the nearest chair and turned to face him, hands moving to rest on her hips.

“We didn’t bet, Jaycy.”

He spoke the words over his shoulder as he moved for the nearby couch almost directly across from the door. She followed and a chill ran up her spine. The large, open living room was usually colder than she liked because it was so cavernous and the ceiling so high. He eased onto the couch and she slid quickly into his lap, curling up with her back against the arm of the seat. A masculine chuckle escaped from him and he pulled a blanket closer. He draped it over both of them, then wrapped his arms around her under the blanket to hold her close. Apparently she wasn’t too angry at him. “We didn’t bet,” he repeats. “I told her I didn’t know her well enough to pick something, but I would fight her. She assumed it was a bet.”

Jaycy rolled her eyes. “Are you fae?” It was a sarcastic question, but she knew the fae dealt that way – in semantics – when they had bets or contracts or made promises. The gypsy shivered despite the blanket and tried to scoot almost into him. He smiled and drew the arm behind her back away and up, so he could pet her hair gently. “Not a bet or not, she’s upset. Did you need to antagonize her by giving her your shades afterward?”

“I needed to prove a point, Jaycy,” he said quietly.

She looked up, frowning at him. “Love, she’s jealous enough of you and she is a friend of mine. Please don’t antagonize her anymore. I’m taking her a peace offering tonight and then I’m going home.” Really, she didn’t want to go anywhere. She wanted to stay right where she was. But, such as it was, she needed to go find the blonde and then Sin, and then would go back to the Manor, alone. A faint sigh slipped from her. She wanted him to either come or meet her there but she wouldn’t say anything. He’d been over so much lately; it was likely he needed a night alone.

“What peace offering are you giving her?” He finally asked, breaking the silence.

She looked up and gave a faint, sad smile in return. “Mine.”

(( Portions of this post taken from live RP in the RoH Arena, 11/23/09. ))

Return to “Eye of the Tyger”