A New Face

Small school of dueling held in the basement of Tormay's home. The aim is to study techniques, old and new, and train to be better duelists, in and out of the rings.

Moderators: Neo Eternity, Argus Redath, Tormay Eludes

Shalbaal
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

A New Face

Post by Shalbaal »

The man makes his way up to the door of House deGorol, Tormay Eludes' house. He met the overlord several times before. Mark that.. ex-overlord. He saw the duel where Tormay lost. Helluva match, one where Tormay’s opponent came back from near hopelessness to take the title. Anyway, the man met Tormay at the wedding, then once after at the dueling rings. Now the man is walking up to Tormay’s house. The man shakes his head and mutters under his breath.

“What’re ye doin’ here mate? Never had ta train ta fight before..”

Then again, RhyDin was a much different place, a place where demons and gods walk the streets. This was a place where the man can’t hope to be the most powerful man walking into the Inn. However, that doesn’t mean that he can’t learn to take care of himself, make himself a force not worth bothering with. And that is why the man’s feet keep pace, moving him closer to the door, that’s why the man’s cane shifts to his left hand as his right goes up to knock.

Rap! Thud. Rap!

Yeah, the childish impulse to run races through his head, along with the impulse to pull out his flask to drown his nerves, but the man does neither. His cane shifts back to his right hand as the door opens revealing the man.

He doesn't look like much, just an average man with a kind face. A bit of a five o’clock shadow is visible, but he seems handsome enough. Not too bulky nor slim, adorned very modestly in a travelers garb and a brown cloak. A worn brown fedora rests on his head. Upon further inspection a playing card is nestled on the left side near the brim, a Jack of hearts. With his free hand the man takes the hat off revealing more of the slightly-above shoulder length black, well black with hints of gray, hair hanging haphazardly off of his head.

He gives a half-bow, or an exaggerated nod, then makes eye contact with the person at the door. A smirk crosses his face before he speaks.

“Tha name’s Shalbaal, Jack Shalbaal, an I’m here fer tha trainin’. I believe I'm expected?”
Long time wanderer an' story teller jus' learnin' the ropes here at the Inn, makin' my place.

Tha' Accounts of Jack
Tormay Eludes
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Tormay Eludes »

Tormay had been busy organizing the next event when a knock at the door distracted him. It didn't take long for him to forget what he was doing and head over to open the door to see who had visited.

A big grin came across his face as he listened to Jack introduce himself.

"Yes, you are expected. I am Tormay Eludes, Tormay will do well enough. Just follow me, and I will get you situated."

Tormay lead the way down to the basement training facilities. Showing the lockers and allowing Jack to choose which he would use. The lockers did not have locks, or even doors, more like cubby holes carved from the earth. It wasn't likely that anyone would steal from the students and trainees, and it wasn't likely anything valuable enough would be stored here anyway. A fresh change of clothes, equipment not in use during training sessions, some protective gear, and the like.

"For the time being, you will have to use the front door to gain entrance, but in the next few weeks there will be a back entrance put in to come straight down here from outside. Don't worry about showing up unannounced, the housekeeper will answer and guide you down here."

The explanations of the equipment were straightfoward and simple. There wasn't alot to be covered. There were only two special rules. Keep the magic spells toned down, Tormay didn't want the house to blow up. Be careful when training, these rings didn't have wards, so healing would be a problem if it was serious.

After taking a seat on one of the many benches, Tormay looked up to Jack, "Alright any questions? If not, then I will set up a meeting with Neo so you two can figure out what lessons to start you with. In a few days, two weeks at most, we will decide if you will be a full fledged student or not."

Return to “House deGorol”