Post by Random McChanse »

Date: Tuesday, August 28th

Time: 9:00 PM

First Duel: Magic
Second Duel:
Third Duel:

Results: TBA

Random Insight:

Finally, we are at the semifinals, and those who have struggled fiercely against worthy opponents to get here promise to give us some epic duels in the coming week. Harris has stayed strong and solid through the tournament, coming into this match with a sweep over Kheldar Drasinia, arguably the strongest among those knocked out in the quarterfinals. He certainly looks forward to advancing to the finals, to take the title that is his right. However, his opponent Felix has proved twice now that he is seemingly able to overcome any obstacle in order to climb towards the summit of the Duel Master tournament, so this by no means will be an easy victory. Harris has wisely chosen Magic as the first discipline to be fought, where he will hold a strong advantage over Felix, who is less skilled in this discipline than the other two. Harris will look to set the pace for the match with a win here, but given Felix's comebacks in his two Magic losses so far, Harris won't take a dominating victory. Felix will likely choose Swords as the second, as he has in every match so far this tournament. He has good reason to, as Swords is the platform where has launched the big victories that have been key to the upsets that have advanced him this deep into the tournament. However, Harris will not let this discipline go easy, as he has shown in his clutch victories in Swords over the course of the tournament. I can see two possible outcomes here: Felix takes this by one or two points, or Harris takes it by one. Felix can't afford to take a loss here, so I'm going to put my trust in his determination to win in his best discipline and give him the win. The final duel of the match will be Fists. While it may seem by the records that Felix would have the advantage here, I believe stamina will come into play in Harris's favor in this discipline, as Felix has lost the third duel of both his previous matches. Of course, in this situation the score is likely to be much closer than Felix is accustomed to, but I think Harris will take the match here. Of course, every time I've predicted Felix will lose he proves me wrong, so you'll have to tune in and see how it turns out!

This is the place to post match dates and times, the order of the disciplines, predictions, previews/commentary (like my Random Insights) trash talking, shout-outs or other signs of support to the duelists, the announcement of the start of the duel, and the play-by-play results of each duel and the overall outcome of the match.

Let's have a good match and may the best duelist win!
Don't underestimate me, for when I'm working I'm super shiny and sit on a post.

And I walk on ceilings, so try to mess with that, fool.
Lem DeAngelo
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Lem DeAngelo »

09/03/07
Started at 8:15 EST

Harris chose Magic first.
Magic Round 1: Harris's foul fog wraps around Felix's reflection! 0.5-0 Harris!
Magic Round 2: Meteors crash in midair and leave rubble across the ring! Still 0.5-0 Harris!
Magic Round 3: Felix's Arctic Blast ruins Harris's shield! 0.5 ALL!
Magic Round 4: This time it's Felix's fog that reaches around Harris's reflection! 1-0.5 Felix!
Magic Round 5: Felix stubs his fingers(fear touch) on Harris's shield! Tied up at 1!
Magic Round 6: Harris's wizard blades crash through Felix's reflection! 2-1 Harris!
Magic Round 7: Both duelists catch a fear streak! 3-2 Harris!
Magic Round 8: Harris's wizard blades slice right through the fog! 4-2 Harris!
Magic Round 9: Harris displaces and Felix reflects it. No score!
Magic Round 10: Felix's mage bolt is crushed by Harris's meteors! 5-2 Harris!

DuelMaster Score: 3-0 Harris

Felix then chose Swords
Swords Round 1: Harris cuts right through Felix's fancy circular parry! 1-0 Harris!
Swords Round 2: Harris's shows us his own fancy circular parry while Felix stop hits for naught.
Swords Round 3: Felix fell for it. (SH, TH) 2-0 Harris.
Swords Round 4: Harris arcs low and catches Felix as he tries to fancily lateral parry! 3-0 Harris!
Swords Round 5: Harris reverses and cuts right over the fancy ducking Felix! Say that 3 times fast! 3-1 Harris!
Swords Round 6: Felix thrusts in but is turned aside by Harris's fancy circular parry! 4-1 Harris!
Swords Round 7: Felix turns to defense to bring him back in this, but Harris cuts low and right through his lateral parry! 5-1 Harris!

DuelMaster Score: 7-0 Harris

Moved on to Fists....
Fists Round 1: Felix fancy dodge leaves Harris jabbing air! 1-0 Felix!
Fists Round 2: Harris uppercuts Felix in mid-jumpkick! 1 ALL!
Fists Round 3: Felix fancy armblocks Harris's jab! 2-1 Felix!
Fists Round 4: Harris flips the jabbing Felix to the mat! 2 ALL!
Fists Round 5: Double sweeps mean double shin splints! 3 ALL!
Fists Round 6: Harris feint jabs and Felix feint flips. Whole lotta nothing going on. Still 3 All
Fists Round 7: Double Sweeps again! 4 ALL! Sudden Death!
Fists Round 8: Felix jabs the snapkicking Harris for the win! 5-4 Felix!

DuelMaster Final: Harris defeats Felix Pride: 7-1!

Return to “Duel Master Archives”