Post by Random McChanse »

Date: 8/1

Time: TBA

First Duel: Magic
Second Duel: Swords
Third Duel: Fists

Results:

Random Insight:

This match...intrigues me. It's the most nebulous of the first round matchups, and on closer look one can see why. You'd have to have lived under a rock for the past few years not to have heard of Matthew Simon. The eight-time Diamond winner astonished everyone last year by taking the title of best overall duelist in the 2006 Tour through his win of the Yellow jersey. Yet unlike his 2nd-place teammate Kheldar, Matt has very clearly defined strengths and weaknesses: he is dominant in Fists, solid in Swords, and lacking in Magic. Whether he can utilize this unorthodox combination of skills to his advantage in an arena that holds them all equal is a question I'm looking forward to seeing answered. Vinny, on the other hand, is probably the most volatile duelist in the Duel Master tournament. At times, he shows flashes of brilliance, as shown by his Diamond and two-time Archmage titles. I daresay, once Vinny gets to Warlord rank in Swords, it is not unlikely that he will be the fifth in history to achieve the Triple Crown. However, as dominant as Vinny has been at times, his achilles heel is in clutch situations. Time and time again Vinny has been on the brink of victory only to see it fall out of his grasp in unbelievable comebacks. He is on the edge of greatness, but needs to make that last, agonizing step to make it all the way. Fists is Matt's dominion, and Magic is Vinny's for the taking, so I predict this match will come down to the Swords duel to decide who can continue walking the path to glory. I'm going to choose Matt for the overall win, as he excels at tournament situations like this, but if Vinny steps up to the plate this will be a very close and exciting match.

This is the place to post match dates and times, the order of the disciplines, predictions, previews/commentary (like my Random Insights) trash talking, shout-outs or other signs of support to the duelists, the announcement of the start of the duel, and the play-by-play results of each duel and the overall outcome of the match.

Let's have a good match and may the best duelist win!
Last edited by Random McChanse on Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't underestimate me, for when I'm working I'm super shiny and sit on a post.

And I walk on ceilings, so try to mess with that, fool.
Vinny
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Bender of physics

Post by Vinny »

Date- August 1st.

Time- 12am (yes, we're kicking off the new month in style)

1st bout- Magic
2nd bout- Swords
3rd bout- Fists
Who would have thought that becoming God would prove to be such a hollow victory? -Thanos of Titan
Vinny
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Bender of physics

Post by Vinny »

Quick update on the results. Rena has the full scoop.

Magic- Vinny defeats Matt 5-3.5
Swords- Vinny defeats Matt 5-1
Fists- Matt defeats Vinny 5-4
Who would have thought that becoming God would prove to be such a hollow victory? -Thanos of Titan
Rena A Cronin
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Rena A Cronin »

((Hope this works))

First Duel-Magic

Round 1 HoloMatt armors up against the fog Vinny attempted to send in (ar/ff).5-0 Matt

Round 2 Nothing doing here as HoloMatt throws up a really big mirror that shows what appears to be a ghostly Vinny but we will never know (rf/gf) Matt still leads .5-0.

Round 3 Vinny ties it up, displacing from the whip that the holoMatt throws (mw/gf) .5 all.

Round 4 HoloMatt armors up again, blocking the blades of Vinny (ar/wb) 1-.5 Matt.

Round 5 Vinny ties it up again, dragging the match along as he fouled up the place, diverting HoloMatt's blades (mb/ff) 1 all.

Round 6 Dual blasts of artic chill (ab x2).

Round 7 First full point of the duel, HoloMatt bolting away Vinny's whip (mb/mw) 2-1 Matt.

Round 8 Vinny turns ghostly, allowing HoloMatt's showers to just go on through (ms/gf) 2-1.5 Matt.

Round 9 Vinny's shield doesn't stop the third artic blast of the night (ab/sh) 2.5-1.5 Matt.

Round 10 The second full point of the match, as HoloMatt whipped Vinny's thought away (mw/ft) 3.5-1.5 Matt.

Round 11 Vinny starts coming back, hot rocks crashing through the armor of HoloMatt (ar/ms) 3.5-2.5 Matt.

Round 12 Vinny displaces from the hot rocks (ms/di) 3.5-3 Matt.

Round 13 Here comes the fog again (ab/ff) 4-3.5 Vinny.

Round 14 Round 2 reversed-HoloMatt turning pale and Vinny throwing up a big mirror (gf/rf) 4-3.5 Vinny still.

Round 15 Rocks win out, ignoring shiny armor (ar/ms) 5-3.5 Vinny.

Vinny wins the magic duel 5-3.5 and leads this DM series 1.5-0.
Rena A Cronin
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Rena A Cronin »

Duel 2-Swords

Round 1 Blood all around, Matt playing golf and Vinny playing baseball (lc/hc) 1 all.

Round 2 Break time-Matt bracing and Vinny playing a child game (sh/fdk) Still 1 all.

Round 3 Matt swings low, hitting into the block from Vinny (lc/fcp) 2-1 Vinny

Round 4 Matt attempts to use Vinny previous move against him but Vinny goes high (fcp/hc) 3-1 Vinny.

Round 5 Another break in the action (lc x2) still 3-1 Vinny.

Round 6 Third break in the action (fdk/fss) Again 3-1 Vinny.

Round 7 Parry practice (fcp/flp) 3-1 Vinny.

Round 8 Matt goes for broke but gets denied by Vinny (th/sh) 4-1 Vinny.

Round 9 All over:Matt playing duck, duck goose but becoming Matt on a stick instead (fdk/th) 5-1 Vinny.

Vinny wins the second duel 5-1 and the DM 5.5-0. Matt concedes but they move on to the fists duel.
Rena A Cronin
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Rena A Cronin »

Duel 3-Fists

Round 1 Matt goes all out, swinging his right fist and connecting with Vinny who decided to just act like he was going to kick out (jab/feint snapkick) 1-0 Matt.

Round 2 Matt then went low, taking out Vinny's legs and not giving him the chance to spin around (sweep/spinkick) 2-0 Matt.

Round 3 Like someone says in the Outback, it's not good to not commit to an action as Matt went flying (feint jumpkick/flip) 2-1 Matt.

Round 4 A trade, Matt using karate and Vinny aiming for a jaw (chop/jab) 3-2 Matt.

Round 5 Once again, Matt uses the move that was against him the previous round and the results are the same as his jab was pushed aside by the arm block from Vinny (jab/fab) 3 all.

Round 6 A null round, both not committing (feint jumpkick x2 ) still tied at 3.

Round 7 Now a busy round...both getting bruises (jab x2) 4 all.

Round 8 Matt took this duel, blocking Vinny's swing (fab/uc) 5-4 Matt.

Matt wins the last duel 5-4 but Vinny moves on in the DM, 5.5-1.

Return to “Duel Master Archives”