Post by Random McChanse »

Date: TBA

Time: TBA

First Duel: TBA
Second Duel: TBA
Third Duel: TBA

Results: TBA

Random Insight:

Here we have a match between duelists of diametrically opposed dueling strengths. Kheldar is extremely solid across all three disciplines, as shown by his 2nd place showing in the 2006 Tour, only a point shy of taking the Yellow jersey for himself. G'nort, on the other hand, is overwhelmingly dominant in Swords, but has only slightly above average proficiency in Fists and almost no Magic experience to speak of. G is almost certain to take the Swords duel, having recently won the Madness tournament, and the degree of his victory will likely dictate the pace of the match. However, Kheldar is the favorite in Fists, and G will have to work hard to keep the match close, because Magic will be the discipline where Kheldar will make his move for victory. This match will really boil down to how much an advantage G will gain in Swords and whether Kheldar can match it in Fists and Magic. I'm going to go for Kheld for the overall win, as the only way I see G pulling out a win would be for Kheld to bomb in Swords and then lose the Fists match, and as I stated previously, he's too solid in both disciplines to go down that easily.

This is the place to post match dates and times, the order of the disciplines, predictions, previews/commentary (like my Random Insights) trash talking, shout-outs or other signs of support to the duelists, the announcement of the start of the duel, and the play-by-play results of each duel and the overall outcome of the match.

Let's have a good match and may the best duelist win!
Don't underestimate me, for when I'm working I'm super shiny and sit on a post.

And I walk on ceilings, so try to mess with that, fool.
Random McChanse
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Duel Master Swords Round 1: Kheld starts this one off strong as he parries and counters G's cut for first blood! (fcp/lc 1-0 Kheld)

DM Swords 2: G makes a valiant attempt to gain position from below, but all he manages to do is set his head up for Kheld's lunge! (th/fdu 2-0 Kheld)

DM Swords 3: I'm being proven wrong here as Kheld has a firm grasp on this duel, parry-countering G's poke with a fine pose to increase his lead yet again! (flp/th 3-0 Kheld)

DM Swords 4: However, Kheld's dreams of a shutout are cut short here as his low sweep gets caught and turned back at him by G's perfect circles! (lc/fcp 3-1 Kheld)

DM Swords 5: Unfortunately for G, he's getting skewered multiple times this duel, and that's just not good for his score. (th/fdu 4-1 Kheld)

DM Swords 6: And G gets his wish, as they trade cuts and Kheld takes the win! (lc/hc 5-2 Kheld)

Kheld wins the Swords duel, and leads 3-0!

Random McChanse
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Duel Master Magic Round 1: G starts this one off strong with a bolt, but Kheld's mirror bounces it right back at him! (rf/mb 1-0 Kheld)

DM Magic 2: Kheld's blades slice up the rocks G's bringing down! (wb/ms 1.5-0 Kheld)

DM Magic 3: Kheld's armor isn't enough to protect him from the chill G's sending his way. (a/ft 1.5-0.5 Kheld)

DM Magic 4: G sends forth more chill in the form of winds this time, but Kheld's mists gather them up and throw them back in a more solidified form. (ff/ab 2.5-0.5 Kheld)

DM Magic 5: This time it's Kheld who goes for the pure power approach, and G who reflects it back in his face! (mb/rf 2.5-1.5 Kheld)

DM Magic 6: G conjures up some blades, but they drop at his feet as he forgets what he's supposed to do with them. (mw/wb 3.5-1.5 Kheld)

DM Magic 7: G tries that mind game right back at him...and his mental prowess is bounced back into itself. That's gotta sting. (rf/mw 4.5-1.5 Kheld)

DM Magic 8: Kheld shows that it's pretty easy to dodge rocks when you're incorporeal, and takes the win! (gf/ms 5-1.5 Kheld)

Kheld wins the Magic duel, and leads 6.5-0!
Last edited by Random McChanse on Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Random McChanse
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

3rd duel: Fists

Duel Master Fists Round 1: Well...ow. (sp/fale 1-0 Kheld)

Fists 2: G's determined not to take the beating this time around, as he gets in under Kheld's block to tie it up! (faab/ls 1 all)

Fists 3: Yeah for trades while the score's tied! (ch/jab 2 all)

Fists 4: There's something to be said for following through with one's attack. As it has recently, the combo gets away unscathed. (fejk/ch 2 all)

Fists 5: There's been a lull in the action, but Kheld's quicker on the draw when it returns! (jab/ls 3-2 Kheld)

Fists 6: G grabs out to prevent a 1-2 combo, and Kheld lands powerful rising blow that breaks his grasp and sends him flying! (uc/fl 4-2 Kheld)

Fists 7: Again, Kheld needs to follow through with more of his moves, it's never a good idea to give G too much leeway. (fejab/ls 4-2 Kheld)

Fists 8: Kheld tries to send G out of the ring to end this, but G gets away and flanks him to bring this duel closer! (fl/fado 4-3 Kheld)

Fists 9: Kheld takes the other route, sending out a fast punch, but G's too quick for him as he gets waaay under it and takes him down from the ground for SUDDEN DEATH! (jab/fadu 4 all)

Fists 10: And G shows why he should always be respected by making a difficult comeback after two considerable losses, as his boot catches Kheld on the move for the win! (fado/ls 4-5 G)

G wins the Fists duel, but Kheld wins the match 6.5-1!

Return to “Duel Master Archives”