Post by Random McChanse »

Date: 8/2

Time: TBA

First Duel: Magic
Second Duel: Fists
Third Duel: Swords

Results: TBA

Random Insight:

I think this will be one of the more interesting of the high-seed/low-seed matches, as both duelists come with something to prove: Harris wasn't present for the 2006 Tour, so he wants to show why he's considered one of the best multi-discipline duelers around; and Wyheree wants to show her high placing in the Tour wasn't just a fluke, especially after a bitter defeat to Liena Hope in the DoM qualifier, her strongest discipline. Harris is the clear favorite in Swords, only recently losing the Overlordship to Cletus in the Arena, but Wyheree's no slouch here, having won herself a Talon of Redwin in the past. With each duelist receiving the same number of fancies, this might not be as unevenly matched as one might think at first glance. Harris is also a big favorite in Fists, but Wyh has managed some wins against big opponents in IFL this season, while Harris's only match was a blowout to Art. Finally, Magic will be Wyh's chance to prove that qualifiers don't mean nothing, and given that Harris only recently returned to the discipline means that I'll give her a good chance of pulling out a win here. However, despite my belief that Wyh will make this a much closer match than Harris will be comfortable with, I'll have to go with the big guy for the overall win here; Harris has been looking forward to an opportunity to show his stuff for far too long to get knocked out in the first round here.

This is the place to post match dates and times, the order of the disciplines, predictions, previews/commentary (like my Random Insights) trash talking, shout-outs or other signs of support to the duelists, the announcement of the start of the duel, and the play-by-play results of each duel and the overall outcome of the match.

Let's have a good match and may the best duelist win!
Last edited by Random McChanse on Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't underestimate me, for when I'm working I'm super shiny and sit on a post.

And I walk on ceilings, so try to mess with that, fool.
Harris
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
King Of The Outback

Post by Harris »

Thursday, August 2nd is the date we've agreed upon.

The order of disciplines will be Magic, Fists, then Swords.
Vinny
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Bender of physics

Post by Vinny »

Here's how it all went down.

1st duel (magic):

1- Harris starts off on the offensive, firing off some blades at Wyh. Unfortunately for him, she's faded out and ends up untouched. (wb/gf) .5-0 W

2- This time it's Harris' turn to fade out, leaving his nose nice and clear. (gf/ff) .5 all

3- Harris goes back to what he did in the first round, and it turns out to be much more effective this time around. (wb/ft) 1.5-.5 H

4- This time Harris finds his olfactory senses until bombardment. (dp/ff) 1.5 all

5- Harris resorts to misdirection and trickery, but it works as he sends Wyh's whip back at her. (rf/mw) 2.5-1.5 H

6- That fade is working good for Harris. He manages to not get crushed. (gf/ms) 3-1.5 H

7- Let's go you two. Do some scoring so we can get through this thing before dawn. (sh/ar) Still 3-1.5 H

8- This is much better. All this blasting makes up for the last round. (mb x2) 4-2.5 H

9- Eww.....that was just a nasty way to end a match Harris. (ff/ab) 5-2.5 Harris

Harris leads 2.5-0
Who would have thought that becoming God would prove to be such a hollow victory? -Thanos of Titan
Vinny
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Bender of physics

Post by Vinny »

Fists results!

1- Quick, direct, and to the mark. That's why Wyh scores first. (jb/sn) 1-0 W

2- Good going you two. At this rate, they'll be enough bruises for everyone by round 6. (sweep x2) 2-1 W

3- Everything I said about this looking like a speedy match, forget about it. (Fdu x2) Still 2-1 W

4- Choosing to dodge....always a good decision! Harris gets points for his moves. (Fdo/jk) 2 all

5- We've got a reversal of round 1 going on here, and it gives Harris his first lead. (jb/sn) 3-2 H

6- He goes up, she goes down, and he wall move onto the next round. (jk/ls) 3-2 H

7- Lots of punching going around all of a sudden. You both must want to get back on my good side. ( jab x2) 4-3 H

8- Harris blows his chance at finishing this match and shows uncharacteristic mercy. (Ft. jk/sn) 4-3 H

9- Harris! Just finish it already. Stop trying to win on style. (ft. jb/ls) 4-3 H

10- Harris once again shows that dodging is good, but it still leaves Wyh a chance to get back in. (do/jk) 4+-3 H

11- We've got more sound and fury, as Harris jumps and Wyh moves out of the way quicklike. (lp/Fdo) 4-3 H

12- Cue the sudden death music. We have ourselves a match! (ls/jb) 4 all

13- See Harris? Not finishing moves comes back to haunt you, because Wyh just laid the smackdown on you. (sn/ch) 5-4 Wyh

Score now stands at 2.5-1 Harris with the swords duel to go.
Who would have thought that becoming God would prove to be such a hollow victory? -Thanos of Titan
Vinny
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Bender of physics

Post by Vinny »

Swords duel. With everything on the line.

1- Wyh starts off with a timid parry, but it still works nonetheless against Harris' cut. (hc/lp) .5-0 W

2- Clang! Better luck next time. (lc x2) 0.5-0 W

3- Harris gets in this thing by choosing the right time to not be there! (Fss/th) 1-0.5 H

4- Repeat of round 2. Next! (lc x2) 1-.5 H

5- Wyh brains Harris over his brace to retake the lead! (sh/hc) 1.5-1 W

6- Mirror parries. And no points for Wyh's being nicer looking. (cp/Fcp) 1.5-1 W

7- Imp would've loved to have called this one, as the blood flows freely. (th x2 ) 2.5-2 W

8- Harris gambles, but this time it pays off as he drops under Wyh's cut. (Fdu/hc) 3-2.5 H

9- Harris secures his moving on to the next round as he lunges in over Wyh's cut. (th/lc) 4-2.5 H

10- This one's over, as Harris deftly moves out of the way of another ill timed lunge. (Fss/th) 5-2.5 H

Harris moves on with a score of 5-1.
Wyheree
Adventurer
Adventurer
Location: A Manor in a pocket dimension in the forest south of Rhydin

Post by Wyheree »

It was an honor to test my skills against you, Harris. May Luck smile on you for the rest of this tournament.

Return to “Duel Master Archives”