Post by Random McChanse »

Date: Magic - 7/30

Time: Magic - 11:30

First Duel: Magic
Second Duel: Fists
Third Duel: Swords

Results: TBA

Random Insight:

So yeah, it's kind of awkward to preview one's own match, but I'll give it my best shot. As some of you may know, Art and I have been dueling together since we were wide-eyed commoners, so we know each other's styles very well, and at times this can lead to some highly unusual strategies. I was highly amused that the random matching in the qualifier seeds pitted me against him, and I can definitely guarantee that these will be some highly entertaining duels! I'm going to give Art the edge in Swords, since it's traditionally been my weak discipline, though I've improved it considerably in recent weeks so it will likely be a close match. Fists will definitely be the most interesting of the matches, as it's the strongest discipline for both of us (despite my apparent inability to string wins together in the Outback) and it's the one where we're most comfortable with pulling off tricky moves. We've both been on winning streaks recently, and I think I'll have the edge considering he's not disguised as someone else this time. Magic is the least predictable of the three disciplines, as both of us are relatively equal in skill. I tend to win all the practice duels we play out, so I'm going to go for myself here also. Obviously, I'm going for myself to win the match, but I won't hold it against anyone if they choose Art; this match will likely go down to the wire!

This is the place to post match dates and times, the order of the disciplines, predictions, previews/commentary (like my Random Insights) trash talking, shout-outs or other signs of support to the duelists, the announcement of the start of the duel, and the play-by-play results of each duel and the overall outcome of the match.

Let's have a good match and may the best duelist win!
Last edited by Random McChanse on Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't underestimate me, for when I'm working I'm super shiny and sit on a post.

And I walk on ceilings, so try to mess with that, fool.
Random McChanse
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Random McChanse »

The Magic duel starts now!
Don't underestimate me, for when I'm working I'm super shiny and sit on a post.

And I walk on ceilings, so try to mess with that, fool.
DUEL Gnimish
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Gnimish »

First Duel, Magic!!

Ring Gnome, Round 1! Yay, everyone gets sliced up! Good start guys, roll with that. (WB/WB, 1 all)

Ring Gnome, Round 2! I said roll with the bloodshed, Art! Ya weren't listenin' were ya, hidin' like that...(FF/FT, 2 - 1 Random)

Ring Gnome, Round 3! Random's turn to hide, he's much better at it too I'm thinkin'. (MB/AR, 2.5 - 1 Random)

Ring Gnome, Round 4! Random knows how to be rollin' with that bloodshed! He gets some bad luck but a point too. (RF/WB, 3.5 - 1 Random)

Ring Gnome, Round 5! Finally Art keeps Random from scorin'...no one scores, in fact. Foo. (MW/MW, 3.5 - 1 Random)

Ring Gnome, Round 6! Random tries to make a ghost cold, which really isn't makin' much sense. (GF/AB, 3.5 - 1.5 Random)

Ring Gnome, Round 7! Look, Sandy! Art gets blown up! O-ho! (MW/MB, 4.5 - 1.5 Random)

Ring Gnome, Round 8! Random tries to take the win and hide inside some fog with it, but Art sends some blades in to stop him! (WB/FF, 4.5 - 2.5 Random)

Ring Gnome, Round 9! Art poofs away from Random's grabby-hands this time around, and he stays in the game. (DP/FT, 4.5 - 3 Random)

Ring Gnome, Round 10! Random avoids any more bad luck this round, as he fails to break Art's mirror! Yay for no bad luck. (RF/MW, 4.5 - 4 Random)

Ring Gnome, Round 11! They both blew up!! (MB/MB, 5.5 - 5 Random)

Ring Gnome, Round 12! What is this, the calm *after* the storm? Foooooo. (GF/SH, 5.5 - 5 Random)

Ring Gnome, Round 13! Art snatches the lead finally, almost literally in fact, with that touch! (FT/MB, 6 - 5.5 Art)

Ring Gnome, Round 14! I dunno...it looks like Art tried runnin' off with the win and Random went over to catch him. (DP/DP, 6.5 - 6 Art)

Ring Gnome, Round 15! So, they dragged this thing out just as long as they could, eh? (FF/MB, 7 - 6 Art)

Match Score: 1 - 0 Artemus Kurgen leads after first duel.
DUEL Xenograg
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Xenograg »

Swords duel, 08/11:

RING GREEN 1: Artemus cuts high and over Random's fancy circular parry to score first blood.

RING GREEN 2: Artemus and Random circle each other warily, each wasting a fancy on his sidestep. (FSS/FSS)

RING GREEN 3: Artemus fancy lateral parries Random's high cut and ripostes for the full point! 2-0

RING GREEN 4: Turnabout is fair play as Random fancy circular parries Artemus's low cut to get the point right back. 2-1

RING GREEN 5: Why do people like to thrust in Round 5? Double impalement!

RING GREEN 6: Mirror Disease arrives as Art and Random block each other's high cut.

RING GREEN 7: Mirror Disease sets deeply as Artemus and Random both low cut, for naught. 3-2, Art

RING GREEN 8: Artemus fancy sidesteps Random's thrust for a full point, extending his lead to 4-2.

RING GREEN 9: Artemus cuts low and under Random's fancy lateral parry for the hit and win.

Artemus A. Kurgen .def. Random McChanse, 5-2 in 9 rounds (DuelMasters, Swords)
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
DUEL Xenograg
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Xenograg »

Fists Duel, 08/11:

RING GREEN 1: Random fancy dodges Artemus's snapkick for the full point defensive.

RING GREEN 2: Random's defense continues to profit him, this time flipping away from Art's chop. 2-0 after 2 ( okay, so I do not know Fists. Sue me ::wink:: )

RING GREEN 3: Artemus fancy arm blocks Random's snapkick, trapping and toppling him for a full point.

RING GREEN 4: Artemus and Random jab each other. Random holds a slim 3-2 lead

RING GREEN 5: Artemus adds a feint to his jumpkick, but it profits him nothing against Random's own. (FE JK/JK) Still 3-2

RING GREEN 6: Artemus's jab bests Random's snapkick. Tied at 3

RING GREEN 7: Artemus fancy ducks into Random's sweep. Random regains his lead, 4-3

RING GREEN 8: Mirror fancy dodges yield no points this round

RING GREEN 9: Random tries another flip but Artemus sweeps his feet. Tied at 4

RING GREEN 10: Artemus feints a jab and falls to a real chop from Random. Random wins

Random McChanse .def. Artemus A. Kurgen, 5-4 in 10 rounds (DuelMasters, Fists)
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."

Return to “Duel Master Archives”