Post by Random McChanse »

Date: 8/4

Time: 10 EST

First Duel: Fists
Second Duel: Swords
Third Duel: Magic

Results: TBA

Random Insight:

This will be one of the closest matchups of the first round in my opinion, as Rena and Bran are very evenly matched. Swords will be a very close match, and the winner will likely be determined by when the Swords duel is fought. I'll give Rena the edge here, given how I've seen her in pressure situations. Fists, however, will be Bran's opportunity to take the lead, as that is Rena's weakest discipline. Magic is another toss-up in my opinion, but again I give Rena the edge here as she's had considerably more experience than Bran, particularly in the use of the advanced spells. However, my vote to win the match will be Bran, as Rena will have to pull out a big win in Swords or Magic to cover for her weakness in Fists, and I don't think Bran will give her the break she'll need.

This is the place to post match dates and times, the order of the disciplines, predictions, previews/commentary (like my Random Insights) trash talking, shout-outs or other signs of support to the duelists, the announcement of the start of the duel, and the play-by-play results of each duel and the overall outcome of the match.

Let's have a good match and may the best duelist win!
Last edited by Random McChanse on Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't underestimate me, for when I'm working I'm super shiny and sit on a post.

And I walk on ceilings, so try to mess with that, fool.
Bran Bale
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Triple Crown Winner

Post by Bran Bale »

Date: 8/4

Time: 10 EST

First Duel: Fists
Second Duel: Swords
Third Duel: Magic

We'll let you know of any changes.

Bran
Gnimish Gnimoi
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Gnimish Gnimoi »

Swords, I'm going to be predicting Brannie loses.

5-0.

In 4 rounds.

Magic, Brannie of course loses. Because he's a lizard and he'll get frozen.

Fists...sure, he can win that. He's all slimy so Rena can't grab him and he's got all those scales as armor, so foo. Let him have that one. Heck, I'm thinking he ought to have a handicap.
Random McChanse
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

1st duel: Fists

Duel Master Fists Round 1: They're both going into this match feet-first! (sn/sn 1 all)

DM Fists 2: They grapple for position, once again mirroring each other. (fl/fl 1 all)

DM Fists 3: At least this won't be one of those annoying multi-mirror matches, as Bran gets his fist in before Rena can take him down! (jab/ls 2-1 Bran)

DM Fists 4: It's funny how the 1-2 combo is so rarely used nowadays that it becomes rather effective, as Bran demonstrates by chopping Rena's incoming boot down! (ch/sn 3-1 Bran)

DM Fists 5: Unfortunately, aggressiveness in large doses can backfire, as Rena easily gets around his next punch and punishes him for it! (jab/fado 3-2 Bran)

DM Fists 6: Bran dances about and Rena keeps up with him with a curiously-executed block. (fado/faab 3-2 Bran)

DM Fists 7: Constant aggression does work, however, on an opponent who's expecting something a little more complex, as Bran punches Rena again! (jab/ls 4-2 Bran)

DM Fists 8: Bran then abruptly goes from offensive to defensive, catching Rena off-guard as she reaches out for him, and counter-hits her for the win! (fado/fl 5-2 Bran)

Bran wins the Fists duel, making the match score 3-0 Bran!
Last edited by Random McChanse on Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Random McChanse
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

2nd duel: Swords

Duel Master Swords Round 1: This duel starts out with a nice clang! (lc/lc 0 all)

DM Swords 2: Unfortunately for Bran, raw aggression isn't as useful in Swords as it is in Fists, as his bookend cut is neatly parried and countered by Rena for first blood! (hc/flp 0-1 Rena)

DM Swords 3: Apparently being countered didn't faze Bran, as he moves into a triple bookend, and manages to catch Rena on the move! (lc/fss 1 all)

DM Swords 4: Bran tries to switch it up and catch Rena off guard, but all he accomplishes is to draw nicer circles in the air than she does! (fcp/cp 1 all)

DM Swords 5: Then Bran goes back on the aggressive, and takes the lead as he pokes Rena over her cut! (th/lc 2-1 Bran)

DM Swords 6: At least they're both being aggressive now! (lc/hc 3-2 Bran)

DM Swords 7: Ooo! Double Double Bookends! (hc/lc 4-3 Bran)

DM Swords 8: And now it's Rena's turn to catch Bran on the move with a triple bookend. ::smiles devilishly:: (fss/hc 4 all)

DM Swords 9: Time to up the tension with a nice fashion show as one circles and the other poses. (fcp/flp 4 all)

DM Swords 10: Bran goes back to the cut-and-run strategy, but Rena's got his number this time as she parry-counters him for the win! (lc/fcp 4-5 Rena)

Rena wins the Swords match, making the match score 3-1 Bran!

Random McChanse
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Duel Master Magic Round 1: Subtlety is predominant in Magic, as Rena neatly shows by not being where Bran's blades land for the first advantage! (wb/di 0-0.5 Rena)

DM Magic 2: Bran goes for the blunt strategy anyway, this time in the form of rocks that pummel down Rena's shield! (ms/sh 1-0.5 Bran)

DM Magic 3: However, when Rena goes for power, there's nothing Bran can do to stop it! (mw/mb 1-1.5 Rena)

DM Magic 4: Bran's winds may be mighty, but they don't faze an incorporeal Rena! (ab/gf 1-2 Rena)

DM Magic 5: Rena now brings down some rocks in return, but Bran's mists allow him to soften most of the blow! (ff/ms 1.5-2 Rena)

DM Magic 6: Rena goes for a tricky move again, but Bran's not going to fall for the same one twice as he knocks her outta the aether! (mb/di 2.5-2 Bran)

DM Magic 7: Rena's not going to take this one sitting down as she slices through Bran's shield with some well-timed blades! (sh/wb 2.5-3 Rena)

DM Magic 8: This is certainly proving to be quite the seesaw match as Bran gets a chilly touch in before Rena can bring the rocks down on his head! (ft/ms 3.5-3 Bran)

DM Magic 9: Bran finally strings two advantages together as he fogs Rena's mirror all up! (ff/rf 4-3 Bran)

DM Magic 10: Rena powers past Bran's blades to take that advantage back! (wb/mb 4-3.5 Bran)

DM Magic 11: Bran brings down the rocks to finish it, but he gets confused by Rena's mirror and sends them down on himself by accident! (ms/rf 4-4.5 Rena)

DM Magic 12: I don't think the rocks are helping much in this particular duel, as Rena gets a chill for trying! (ft/ms 5-4.5 Bran)

DM Magic 13: Bran brings up the mists to try and scrape out a win, but Rena's blades slice through them and him! (ff/wb 5-5.5 Rena)

DM Magic 14: The rocks may not have worked so far, but Rena calls them anyway, and they pound Bran's shield away for the win! (sh/ms 5-6.5 Rena)

Rena wins the Magic duel, but Bran's lead holds up to win the match 3-2.5!

Gnimish Gnimoi
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Gnimish Gnimoi »

Foo.

At least I got who won what duels right! That Fists handicap would've been just the thing too, darn it.

Return to “Duel Master Archives”