Post by Random McChanse »

Date: TBA

Time: TBA

First Duel: TBA
Second Duel: TBA
Third Duel: TBA

Results: TBA

Random Insight:

Cassius is clearly the strong favorite for the Swords and Fists duels, with Liena having only a 3 WoL record to distinguish her in Fists and no record whatsoever in Swords. However, Liena performed remarkably in the DoM qualifier, beating Wyheree, the current Keeper of Water, twice to qualify for the Duel Master. Cassius, on the other hand, has not dueled Magic in quite some time, and has never seemed as focused on this discipline as he has the two others. So, I'm going to root for Liena for the upset win in the Magic duel. However, I'm voting for Cassius for the match win, as I doubt Liena's Magic victory will be enough to overcome the likely substantial victories of Cassius in the Swords and Fists duels.

This is the place to post match dates and times, the order of the disciplines, predictions, previews/commentary (like my Random Insights) trash talking, shout-outs or other signs of support to the duelists, the announcement of the start of the duel, and the play-by-play results of each duel and the overall outcome of the match.

Let's have a good match and may the best duelist win!
Don't underestimate me, for when I'm working I'm super shiny and sit on a post.

And I walk on ceilings, so try to mess with that, fool.
Cassius Gaius Maximius
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Gentleman Farmer

Post by Cassius Gaius Maximius »

We can do this at 11 EST on Thursday, or at somre later point on Sunday
Liena_Hope
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Liena_Hope »

Sunday the 5th or the wednesday thursday or friday after that would be perfect for me at any time so I will leave it all to you
Cassius Gaius Maximius
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Gentleman Farmer

Post by Cassius Gaius Maximius »

Sunday will work. I prefer to do the duels in order of their age: Swords, Fists, Magic.
Gnimish Gnimoi
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Gnimish Gnimoi »

A match like this, I'm telling you, comes down to a clash between two core forces of the universe.

That's right. Grumpiness vs. Perkiness.

Now I'm thinking Liena's got plenty of the perkiness, but she's at a disadvantage because she's falling into one of the three groups that Cassius gets the most grumpy about:

1) People who have once been alive.
2) People who are alive.
3) People who will, in the future, be alive.

So I'm thinking that faced with such an amount of grumpiness, Liena's perkiness will be overwhelmed.
Napoleon Bonarat
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Napoleon Bonarat »

OK! This one is starting now, around 11:20 pm on Sunday, 8/5!
Napoleon Bonarat
PiRATes From Heck | Champions of Mythos | Badside Brawlers | CrushBob
Napoleon Bonarat
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

DM Swords 1: Cas starts off with that oldie but a goodie thrust! Liena says nope and counters to take opening point with her stop hit! (TH/SH) 1-0 Liena after 1!

DM Swords 2: Cas parries! Liena cuts! Liena was tricky with her high cut so it scores! (FCP/HC) 2-0 Liena after 2!

DM Swords 3: Cas cuts high but Liena is on him with her flat parry to push the attack to the side for hte advantage! (HC/LP) 2.5-0 Liena after 3!

DM Swords 4: Cas is on the board! his pretty round parry is just the ticket to deny Liena her thrustin' action! (FCP/TH) 2.5-1 Liena after 4!

DM Swords 5: Cas's low cut is great, but Liena's round parry is better, she gets the point once again! (LC/FCP) 3.5-1 Liena after 5!

DM Swords 6: Cas is still in this game! His high cut skillfully takes the point over Liena's slash! (HC/SL) 3.5-2 Liena after 6!

DM Swords 7: Lots of stepping! Points to Random! (FSS/FSS) 3.5-2 Liena after 7!

DM Swords 8: Cas thrusts! Liena parries round to increase her score one more point! (TH/FCP) 4.5-2 Liena after 8!

DM Swords 9: This baby's all over! Cas slides an expert flat parry, but Liena's simple duck is all it took to wrap up this portion of DM Swords! (FLP/DU) Liena def. Cas 5-2 in 9 rounds!

Liena 3 points, Cas 0 points.
Napoleon Bonarat
Napoleon Bonarat
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

DM Fists 1: Cas starts this off definitively. His jab lands before Liena can finish a snapkick! (JB/SN) 1-0 Cas!

DM Fist 2: Dodgin', leapin'... what is this! 12 days of christmas! BAH! Points to ME! (Cas FaDO/Liena FaLE) 1-0 Cas

DM Fists 3: Cas jabs! Liena sweeps! Cas gets the point! ::tossing popcorn:: (JB/LS) 2-0 Cas!

DM Fists 4: Liena jabs, but pulls back just in time to thwart Cas's armblock! She's on the board! (FaAB/FeJB) 2-1 Cas!

DM Fists 5: Cas jumpkicks--or did he?--he feints a convincing jumpkick well enough to trick Liena into dodging! Cas scores! (FeJK/DO) 3-1 Cas!

DM Fists 6: Liena narrows this gap, flipping Cas as he tries to armblock! (FaAB/FL) 3-2 Cas

DM Fists 7: Cas sweeps for the point before Liena can connect with her uppercut! (LS/UC) 4-2 Cas!

DM Fists 8: Liena ducks a lethal looking spinkick from Cas! (SP/FaDU) 4-3 Cas!

DM Fists 9: Liena ties this baby up jabbing to ruin Cas's legsweep! 4 all!

DM Fists 10: Liena sneaks another win, her duck is just the ticket to thwart Cas's spinkick! (SP/FaDU) 5-4 Liena after 10!

Liena 4 points (3 from DoS, 1 from DoF), Cas 0 points
Napoleon Bonarat
Napoleon Bonarat
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

DM Magic 1: Cas prepares meter shower! Liena reflects it back for the point! (MS/RF) 1-0 Liena after 1!

DM Magic 2: Cas casts wizard blades! Liena ghost forms for the advantage! (WB/GF) 1.5-0 Liena!

DM Magic 3: Cas casts mage bolt! Liena casts fear touch! (MB/FT) 2.5-0 Liena!

DM Magic 4: Dual Arctic Blasts make things cold but that's it. (AB/AB) No score! 2.5-0 Liena

DM MAgic 5: Cas gets the advantage as his reflection beats the shield! (RF/SH) 2.5-.5 Liena after 5!

DM Magic 6: Cas gets chilly again, Liena casts a bolt for the point! (AB/MB) 3.5-0.5 Liena after 6!

DM Magic 7: Cas casts mindwhip! Liena takes advantage with foul fog! (MW/FF) 4-0.5 Liena!

DM Magic 8: Cas casts a mage bolt! Liena's fear touch gets the point and the win! Liena def. Cas 5-.5 in 8 rounds!

Liena 8.5 points (3 from DoS, 1 from DoF, 4.5 from DoM), Cas 0 points
Napoleon Bonarat

Return to “Duel Master Archives”