Down

A collection of pretty posies.

Moderator: Craven Delights

Craven Delights
Adventurer
Adventurer

Down

Post by Craven Delights »

(This thread will contain all of Craven's actions from here on out. Those involved with the Story Line are welcome to post as well for continuity.)

"Take a look around this is what I see. Is there anybody else that feels like me. Sweat you sweat, bleed you bleed. What you get aint what you see. Up is down and black looks white to me. I'm complicated."

Pain throbbed up his leg as Cain limped through the door of his hideaway from the world. The bullet from Alain's .38 a burning sensation in his knee. Alain? That name, from one of his flowers. The Fighter. She knew him, this man was her Guardian.

"Get frustrated. Right or wrong, love or hate it. I'm complicated. Can't sedate it. I heard that song but I won't play it. It's all right. It's okay. You wouldn't want me any other way."

Finally a hunter had caught up to him. Finally someone to end his game. Finally an adversary.

"Is there anybody out there. Just like everybody out there. Just want somebody out there just like me. I'm complicated. Get frustrated."

Crimsons found their way to the slumbering angel with a warm smile. A part of him sensing it now time to release her to the world. To her family. However it would take several hours for his knee to completely heal. Such was time he didn't have before she awoke.

"Momma keep on prayin. Cause I aint changin. I'm complicated."

Gloved hands tenderly brushed the hair from Hina's dreaming face before he unbound her. Balance would be a tricky issue with his wound, but this warped soul gave a valiant effort in the move to get her upon his right shoulder. Only moments before dawn he started down the path from his home beneath the city to the man-hole closest to her family's estates.

Halfway there he stumbled momentarily feeling the Mind fade from him. She still lived, that he knew, but the connection now felt dimmed. Not severed but smothered heavily. That would require investigating.

The Saint laid down just outside the gates to her family home, the singer of songs kissed her one last time and set a pressed posie into her hand before he vanished with the dawn as it approached.
Rena A Cronin
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Rena A Cronin »

After the incident in the Inn, Tass took her back to the library because she didn't want to be alone. Once there, she went to the room she had occupied the two weks she had spent there, trying to recoup her emotions and getting her life back on some kind of track. She had spent the past few days at Artemus' cabin, focusing more on the physical side now as the time spent at the library was more spent on mental and cerebral matters.

Cain had gotten shot by Alain but Rena also felt it and when she looked at her left knee there was a faint scar on it. A groan escaped as she lightly fingered the scar then slid under the covers to try to forget what happened. That's when the dream appeared again. The first couple of times she ignored it: it was mostly blurs and jumbled images. But after
tonight, it became more vivid-more real-more alive. Maybe tonight had
something to do with it.

Snow fell in gentle formations across a darkly lit cobblestone street. Many people drifted by casually enjoying the night which didn’t appear too cold despite the falling flakes within the sight. No slush, nor the exhaust from any type of modern vehicle. It appeared a simpler time. A time of people and not mechanics is what was shown through the veil.

A shift in the image with an almost static flicker from a television now revealed a man. Tall and lanky but the proportions were not unhealthy for him. Dressed in a simple button up dress shirt, a pair of wool leggings, and spurred boots he laughed and smiled brightly to the men he sat with. Their table covered in a smattering of beer bottles, cards, poker, chips, and ash trays. No madness or crimson eyes; just a pair of sapphire blue pools surrounded by brown waves touching on auburn. Gone were elongated canines, only a pair of slightly yellowed teeth from the smoking and alcohol but he still maintained a decent appearance.

The vision flickered again and gone was the tavern now replaced by a theatre. Lights dimmed just a little as a spotlight illuminated a vast stage cut off by a red curtain. The crowd grew silent as that massive curtain drew apart revealing a piano placed center stage by itself.
“Ladies and Gentlemen, the Cyndar Royal Theatre proudly presents Cain Romulus”

Soft light filled the room from behind the curtain as the young man from before now strode confidently out to center stage. Gone were the dress shirt, and wool leggings. Now he wore a black tuxedo. Bow tie and cummerbund included with the coattails. Long auburn waves pulled back into a simple pony tail leaving a clean shaven boyishly handsome face open for any and all to see. An innocence clearly apparent in the smile offered to the crowd as he took a seat at the piano.

Another shift and the snow fell heavier, anything beyond the snow hard to see at all. A yell broke the howling wind and then a shriek with the change in angle to an alley. The frayed ends of a dress peek out behind a dumpster connected with feminine legs, but the true focus is farther up this alley. The young pianist stands pinned to the wall, his blood flows free, as a gaunt figure holds him in place. Its head pressed tightly to his shoulder.Gaunt features rear back letting the pianist fall to the ground as the man staggered back. A hand rose to wipe blood from those extremely thin lips before singing softly to itself in a strange discordant tone.

“One, two, buckle my shoe. Three, four, shut the door. Five, six, pick up sticks. Seven, eight, you tasted great. Nine, ten, now you’ll live again.”
Hauled up to his feet and pressed to the wall yet again, weak hands tried to fight off the vampire in futility. There was no escaping what came next.

A final change in the sights shows a dilapidated room in the prolonged stages of disrepair. Alone and shivering in a corner now huddled the pianist. Auburn waves ripped out to clearly show wild and unfocused crimson eyes. Fear filled the air around him like the stench of ages as it watched the gaunt figure from before feed, feeling the link in his mind to that monster. The connections within his mind a nightmare; Songs and mismatched lyrics. But within it the pianist felt the humanity of the one being fed on.

“Ring around the rosy, pocket full of posies, ashes, ashes, we all fall down.”

Slow laughter bubbled forth just as cold hands closed around his soiled shoulders. The pianist launched from the rooms only window and out into nothingness.

She tossed and turned, thrashing under the covers, drenched in sweat. Suddenly sitting up, she looked out the nearby window. Tass had told her nothing could reach her here but nothing was ever full proof, was it?
Craven Delights
Adventurer
Adventurer

"You were young, and your heart was an open book. Used to say live and let live. But in this ever changin world we live in...say live and let me die."

A steady current of murky water drifted slowly through the sewers under Rhydin city and in it floated the limp form of the singer of songs. So tired was he. Superficial cuts marked his arms where the strange Jester, Skid the Saint had called him, had thrown those strange bladed coins. Now a third hunter to be added to the game.

Good.

More the merrier, maybe one would stop him. It could be hoped that one would.

"Goin down. Goin down. Down where my breath is the only sound. Goin down." / "Goin down. Goin down. Don't look for me, I'm not around. All day long I'm underground."

Those perfectly echoed words slide from the singer of songs lips. The hollow statements the only sound amid sulphurous water and rats in the filth abound the woven tunnel. So tired was he. Thin limbs weighed ten stone. Too long had the hunger been surpressed. Too reliant had he been on the flowers to feed him. Energy from them not enough.

"I've been thinkin about the future. I've been waitin for the day. Let the current carry me far away. Let the current carry me away..." / "Current flows, I don't know where it goes. I don't care, I just get it there."

Of all nights to run into the Saint and her Gaurdian. Simply because of the need to rest at the fountain in a bombed out part of down. Another wound added to the list. More pain inflicted on his garden by the ignorant.

"Took that job, cause I needed one. Now its seventy years since I seen the sun." / "All day long I'm underground. I've been thinkin about the future. I've been waitin for the day. Let the current carry me, far away. Let the current carry me away."

The current carried this warped soul away in that perfect darkness. Where it would end he knew not. All the singer of song knew was his hunger. And that putrid water housed many rats. It would not be filling, but they would be enough.
Craven Delights
Adventurer
Adventurer

( For Cassandra )

She tossed and turned under the covers, tangling them around herself as she slept fitfully...

Snow fell in gentle formations across a darkly lit cobblestone street. Many people drifted by casually enjoying the night which didn’t appear too cold despite the falling flakes within the sight. No slush, nor the exhaust from any type of modern vehicle. It appeared a simpler time. A time of people and not mechanics is what was shown through the veil.

A shift in the image with an almost static flicker from a television now revealed a man. Tall and lanky but the proportions were not unhealthy for him. Dressed in a simple button up dress shirt, a pair of wool leggings, and spurred boots he laughed and smiled brightly to the men he sat with. Their table covered in a smattering of beer bottles, cards, poker, chips, and ash trays. No madness or crimson eyes; just a pair of sapphire blue pools surrounded by brown waves touching on auburn. Gone were elongated canines, only a pair of slightly yellowed teeth from the smoking and alcohol but he still maintained a decent appearance.

The vision flickered again and gone was the tavern now replaced by a theatre. Lights dimmed just a little as a spotlight illuminated a vast stage cut off by a red curtain. The crowd grew silent as that massive curtain drew apart revealing a piano placed center stage by itself.
“Ladies and Gentlemen, the Cyndar Royal Theatre proudly presents Cain Romulus”
Soft light filled the room from behind the curtain as the young man from before now strode confidently out to center stage. Gone were the dress shirt, and wool leggings. Now he wore a black tuxedo. Bow tie and cummerbund included with the coattails. Long auburn waves pulled back into a simple pony tail leaving a clean shaven boyishly handsome face open for any and all to see. An innocence clearly apparent in the smile offered to the crowd as he took a seat at the piano.

Another shift and the snow fell heavier, anything beyond the snow hard to see at all. A yell broke the howling wind and then a shriek with the change in angle to an alley. The frayed ends of a dress peek out behind a dumpster connected with feminine legs, but the true focus is farther up this alley. The young pianist stands pinned to the wall, his blood flows free, as a gaunt figure holds him in place. Its head pressed tightly to his shoulder.
Gaunt features rear back letting the pianist fall to the ground as the man staggered back. A hand rose to wipe blood from those extremely thin lips before singing softly to itself in a strange discordant tone.
“One, two, buckle my shoe. Three, four, shut the door. Five, six, pick up sticks. Seven, eight, you tasted great. Nine, ten, now you’ll live again.”
Hauled up to his feet and pressed to the wall yet again, weak hands tried to fight off the vampire in futility. There was no escaping what came next.

A final change in the sights shows a dilapidated room in the prolonged stages of disrepair. Alone and shivering in a corner now huddled the pianist. Auburn waves ripped out to clearly show wild and unfocused crimson eyes. Fear filled the air around him like the stench of ages as it watched the gaunt figure from before feed, feeling the link in his mind to that monster. The connections within his mind a nightmare; Songs and mismatched lyrics. But within it the pianist felt the humanity of the one being fed on.

“Ring around the rosy, pocket full of posies, ashes, ashes, we all fall down.”

Slow laughter bubbled forth just as cold hands closed around his soiled shoulders. The pianist launched from the rooms only window and out into nothingness.

Cassie awoke with a gasp, sitting up straight after a brief struggle with the covers, a hand pressed against her chest, heart thumping as she tried to calm her panicked breathing. "It was just a dream.."

Return to “Ring around the Rosie”