Dueling Survey Results

Announcements from the site administrators.

Moderator: Staff

Michelle Montoya
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Fāris Al-Ibra

Dueling Survey Results

Post by Michelle Montoya »

Hello RhyDin Community!

A few months ago we sent out a dueling survey to the community and we are thrilled with the response we received: twenty-eight respondents! We appreciate your thoughtful comments and that so many of you took the time to give us feedback. We have been, and will continue, using the survey results and critiques to inform decisions about the sports going forward. If you missed the survey, please feel free to provide feedback by using the Community Townhall, contacting specific Sports Staff with suggestions, or sending us a message via the Contact Us feature.

We also want to share the survey results with our entire community. Below is a summary of the eight questions we asked and the top results, you can also view a graphical presentation here: 2020 Dueling Survey Dashboard

2020 Dueling Survey Highlights
  1. How many years, even if they weren't consecutive, did you duel at least once a cycle in any sport? The majority of our duelists, at the time of our survey, had been active for 6-15 years.
  2. How often do you participate in each sport? Duel of Fists received the highest self-report for participation.
  3. How did you first get interested in dueling? Word of mouth introductions by friends/RP partners and busy RP in the dueling rooms were common themes.
  4. What do you enjoy most about dueling? The roleplay generated around/in the duels, the friendships developed, and the tactical/skill component were the top three themes.
  5. On any given night, what factors influence your decision to go out and duel? (Ranked question). The presence of other duelists and sport sponsored events are the biggest draws!
  6. What impacts your dueling activity? Personal story-lines were the top-ranked item, followed by active team events and one-night tournaments.
  7. What types of rewards interest you? Titles, followed by RP-related prizes are the most favoured rewards.
  8. What else would you like to share with the dueling staff? Some of our favourite comments are listed below!
    • “IC drama brings people out”
    • “I'm most inspired when I see conflict rising in some capacity, especially when it involves titles/titleholders in a larger story. Drawing lines in the sand and picking a side in a dispute makes for compelling storytelling and showcases the potential of holding a title/engaging in dueling.”
    • “I love what has been done, and is still being done since things moved to Discord/RoH.”
    • “I enjoy the RP around high stakes duels, even just as a viewer---so I like knowing when the Madness or IFL duels are happening so I can show up in support. And I appreciate it when there's a crowd for me.”
    • “I look forward to what comes next.”

Return to “Coordinator's Corner”