Forums to be locked TONIGHT (10/29)

Announcements from the site administrators.

Moderator: Staff

Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Forums to be locked TONIGHT (10/29)

Post by Kalamere »

Hi all,

As mentioned a couple weeks ago now, we've been in the process of trying to get a new website together. We've now reached the point where we believe we're ready to transition over to it. Today will be the last day for posting to these boards and using the various other site resources; we will lock the forums to new users and new posts by midnight tonight, and tomorrow I'll work with Xeno to have the domain point to the new hosting.

You might be curious what all that means for you, so let me break it down a little.

- None of your posts will be lost. We've already tested the forum backups and conversion to the new forum software. Things look good and there's no loss of information. We'll want you to go through your things once we make the switch and confirm this for us, but all in all things look really good (huge props to Jake on this front). IF you do come across something that didn't copy over correctly, there will be a place for you to reach out and let us know. Since we will have the full backups still, we should be able to correct things after the move.

- This move will completely sever us from DM / RDI. I mean this from the technical side of things, not from the play side. Please do continue to play and cross post (once the new forums are up) as you always have. From a technical aspect, however, the two sites will now be on separate hosting and run by different groups. The primary place you will see impact from this is in the cloning of profiles from DM to RoH. That feature will no longer be available after tonight.

- Features and content of the new site will be slightly different from the current site. We think that the new site is in pretty good shape, but I'm not going to tell you that it is a 100% feature match to the current RoH. There are some things that still need to be completed (like some of the sport histories) and some things that we had to kill off to do the forum transition and haven't decided whether or not to bring back (like forum shops, jobs, the lottery). We do hope you'll be happy with what we've put together, and together we will continue to flesh things out going forward.

It is likely to be a somewhat rocky week as we get the new website up and running. That can't really be helped, but we'll do our best to get through the move quickly and keep you updated on Discord. Just hang tight and be patient with us - we think you'll be happy with the end result.

Thanks,
~Kal

Return to “Coordinator's Corner”