Smile from the Wrists Down

Announcements from the site administrators.

Moderator: Staff

G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Smile from the Wrists Down

Post by G »

Starting last Thursday, the 23rd, we made a policy change in how we call our duels. When we were on AOL and hosted there, we were always told to "smile from the wrists down" in regards to who we were hosting for.

I think the time has come for us to re-institute that policy in today's dueling forum. Callers are scarce enough and duelists are getting scarce too. We should allow as many duels to be called as possible. So, regardless of how one may feel about another, certain duelists, we are no longer allowing callers to refuse to call for anyone for any reason.

If there is someone you have a no contact order on, you will still have to call for them, but certain guidelines are going to be followed for those situations in regular dueling, and tournaments or challenges.

1. You do not have to directly address the duelist you have the no contact on. I.E. "Gnort and his Opponent to Ring Alpha"
2. When calling the duel, to avoid any accusations of favoritism, you must call the duel as "bare bones" as possible. "G'nort swings high, his opponent low"
3. If the duelist doesn't trust the caller, remember they chose to allow the caller to call their duels. All the caller needs to do in that situation is tell them to PM me (G) about it. I will be more than happy to answer their complaint about favoritism/cheating accusations and whatnot with a satisfactory answer.

We all have people we don't like. I will be following this "Smile from the wrists down" policy as well, whenever I get a chance to call.

What "Smile from the wrists down' does is allow one to call duels within these guidelines while saying whatever they want at the screen or to a friend or what have you, and still get duels in.

Remember that challenges are special events where a caller can be refused, as well as callers can refuse to call. That has not changed. This is not meant to be offensive. If you are asked to call in a tournament, you must remain as objective as possible if someone you dislike is called into your ring. Avoid confrontation as much as possible. Provide logs where needed.

We're all adults here. We're smarter than the average internet user. We should be above taking our ball and going home.

Smile from the wrists down.

Thank you.
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Duel of Swords Legend. Best In The World™.
First All Time DoS Title Holder.
Listed as "Daddy" in your daughters contacts list.

Return to “Coordinator's Corner”