New Promotions

Announcements from the site administrators.

Moderator: Staff

Amaltea
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

New Promotions

Post by Amaltea »

Hi everyone,

This is a quick note to inform you all of a couple of "promotions". I'm also leaving on vacation shortly, so it will be short. But I plan to address the community as soon as I return, which will be early April.

As you all know Deluthan left not so long ago, his position of Assistant Forum Supervisor will be taken up by Matt (Goldglo).

With Billy leaving I have selected Gnort to take up the responsibilities of DoS Coordinator. Gnort will be handling all of DoS issues and the March Madness tournament.

Thank you all.

Isa
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo »

Hi kids,

As most of you know, there have been some significant changes in RoH staffing over the last few months, first starting with Jason’s departure from the Admin team and most recently, Billy stepping down from DoS Coordinator and away from RoH. Both wanted to focus on other things in their lives which is entirely commendable; RoH could and should take a back seat to our real lives and families. All of us should be very grateful for all of the contributions (both apparent and behind the scenes) made to RoH by Jason and Billy and for the fun and memorable times we had interacting with them both IC and OOC.

Billy’s departure is a definite blow to RoH both from an admin perspective and a player perspective; I feel safe saying that we’ll all miss him as a person and we’ll miss the characters he brought to the duels, TDL, and IFL. That being said, the world isn’t ending or grinding to a halt. The DoS Madness Tournament will continue, the DoS Coordinator position has already been filled, and we will forge ahead as a forum.

Please know that the administrative staff and the dueling coordinators are planning to meet once Amal’s back from vacation (translating to getting together in very early April) and discuss several things, including how the Admin staff is structured, individual responsibilities and accountabilities, the direction of RoH, setting new goals for ourselves, and completing unfinished tasks. There’s a lot on our plate, and a great deal that we’re responsible for in order to grow these games we, and you, love so much. After our meeting, Amal will post up a State of the Forum post so that you’ll be aware of what’s going on, because you should know what’s going on. It’s my personal hope there will be increased communication from the top down (to use that analogy) and, as some have said, less of a `cloak-and-dagger’ feel to decisions and direction; those of us in Admin and Coordinator positions are, at our core, players just like everyone else (albeit with added responsibility) and we all hold the importance of FFRP, the duels, and everyone who participates in them in the utmost regard. That’s not to say all decisions are up for debate or will be popular (taking DoX to the RDI for example, was a very unpopular move with some of you) but we’ll make the decisions we feel are best for RoH and its players. There’s little incentive to do anything else.

In the meantime, if there are questions, concerns, or anything of that nature about RoH or anything else, please don’t sit on them. Post them, PM/E-Mail them (to me or to G or Amal (she’s leaving on vacation in a couple hours so she may not answer until she returns) or Topaz or whomever you feel most comfortable talking with) so that we can discuss them when we get together.

--Matt (the real one)
"If you are thinking a year from now, sow seed. If you are thinking ten years from now, plant a tree. If you are thinking one-hundred years from now, educate the people."

--Kuan Tzu, 5'th century Chinese poet

Return to “Coordinator's Corner”